NO FUTURE?! drink-fight-f´bleep´k-punk-rock-adventure

Started by Fizz, Mon 19/07/2004 01:13:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Fizz

originally, i wasnt going to post anything about this game untill it was done, but i thought it might be healthy for the motivation to get some input :)

Yeah... you heard it.

Every punk cliché youve ever heard or experienced, all mashed into one humorous adventure game.

1983. after a small knife fight with a psychotic bum, you get kicked off a train, and you end up in the city of Mercy Hill. Here, the local punks take care of you, in spite of various conflicts of interrest. now, its up to you, to squat an empty house, recruit band members, steal gear and set up a gig.

the story in itself, is quite simple, but we have loads of none player characters, weird puzzles, (supposed to be) funny dialog, loads of fart-jokes and coarse language, a big city to explore and a very surprising ending to spice to whole shebang up a bit.

were very lazy, so the game is only about 15% done over all at this point, but we aim to be done late this fall...Ã,  Ã, 

Las Naranjas

"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

FalnEdn

...seems like a nice dark dismal arrogantly rude ... and humerous game!Ã,  I await patiently for more on this...

Darth Mandarb

Ahhhh EGA goodness ...

This looks great!

Are you going to have some good 80's punk music?  Here's hoping :)

Look forward to seeing more.

Fizz

yeah. Jockstrap is making the (original!11!!1!) soundtrack in .midi format. ive heard a few of the tunes hes made so far, and theyre really good, but more post-punk than in-your-face. so, were aiming to get a little of both, so we have joy division-esque tunes and exploited-1-2-3-4 kind of tunes. the thing is, ive tried to reach him for ages, but hes not online ever... so if youre reading this, jockstrap, get in contact!

piraatlife4me

Your graphics are looking soooo sick!
Love the concept very similar to a game I made a few months back.
Seriously though, everything looks really good.  Like Darth said about the game music you should just use straight up UK82 style punk for the soundtrack. You probably could just use punk and disorderly and totally get away with it.
Good luck with this!

Danny

Layabout

This game looks fantastic!

I wish i could do EGA style that good!

Now why are people paying attention to webspider, and not games like this which has a chance in hell of actually seeing the light of day. And using original graphics.

Keep it up and finish it!!!
I am Jean-Pierre.

Pet Terry

It indeed looks fantastic! It really could be an old game by sierra, those EGA graphics look really good! Keep it up, can't wait to play it!
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Dart

I love the EGA style. And the plot. How about another screenshot? (Hey, that kind of rhymes)

But really, I'll look forward to this game. Keep up the good work. :)

deadsuperhero

The EGA is really cool.
It has a really "classical" Sierra look. 8)
The fediverse needs great indie game developers! Find me there!

Rincewind

Heyhey, this looks really cool - I loved "Razors In The Night" so something tells me I'll like this one as well... ;) Good luck with it!

And I do hope you have the common sense to include some Dead Kennedys in the soundtrack? Eh? Hehe...Ã, 

Fizz

Hehe. It was actually after playing Razors in the Night i started making this game... I saw how good punks n pixels fit together, and i myself am active in the enviroment in real life, and i am a huge fan of adventure games, so... it just seemed like a good idea. :) thank you for all the comments on the graphics... much appreciated.

Chicky

lovely game fizz, your sig got me curious a while back.

cant wait to play

Erwin_Br

Quote from: Fizz on Mon 19/07/2004 01:13:55

Hehe, that bum looks like the chubby cop from NYPD Blue (the tv series)!

I really love this style, keep up the good work!  :D

--Erwin

Kinoko

Holy hell,  those graphics are amazing. Like said before, it really does look like an old Sierra game! Sounds like a fantastic game, I hope it turns out to be as good on the whole as it looks here.

Fizz

Hi everybody. After working on this shbleeep for a long time, ive found out that my scripting abilities just doesent allow me to make the game as cool as i want it. so, i was wondering if anybody would be interrested in doing the programming for me, or maybe just help me out (alot... i only know the very very VERY basic things), but my game kind of requires some semi-good scripting. so, i guess my question is, if i finish the script+dialogue+puzzlethingy (im about 86pct done with that) and i finish all the graphics (about 90 pct on the BG's 80pct on chars and 58pct on animation), would anybody be interrested in joining? im in the middle of moving right now, so im not going to get that much work done just these weeks, but i guess i could be done with the whole shebang in a mont or maybe six weeks. if anybody should be interrested, i must warn you this game has some very strong language, and not just suggested sex scenes in it, and some people might get offended (i hope).

blahblah thanks anyway,

-Patrick

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Hollister Man

That's like looking through a microscope at a bacterial culture and seeing a THOUSAND DANCING HAMSTERS!

Your whole planet is gonna blow up!  Your whole DAMN planet...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk