MODULE: Control Modes (BASS, SCUMM, Sierra All in One module)

Started by Dualnames, Fri 04/09/2009 08:23:31

Previous topic - Next topic

RoliX

It seems if the item's cursor image is "0" (e.g. blue cup), the cursor will disappear ingame. If I set the cursor image to other sprite, everything perfect. I didn't know this, next time I will test with key :)

I'm so sorry for bothering you with such a stupid thing  :-\
And also thanks for the help and for the great module. This control will rock in my game :D

Dualnames

Quote from: RoliX on Thu 03/03/2011 15:40:43
It seems if the item's cursor image is "0" (e.g. blue cup), the cursor will disappear ingame. If I set the cursor image to other sprite, everything perfect. I didn't know this, next time I will test with key :)

I'm so sorry for bothering you with such a stupid thing  :-\
And also thanks for the help and for the great module. This control will rock in my game :D

Don't worry about it. It's no bother really.  ;)
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

SeamanNaranja

Hi! I am using the BASS reversed for my adventure game project. And it's mostly working perfectly, but I've stumbled upon one problem:

I can't seem to be able to use inventory items on other inventory items. I am using the exact code Dualnames posted earlier. Does the BASS module support inventory items on inventory items and how do I enable it?
Developer of Hjarta, Providence and Skumring.

Khris

Unfortunately, this module is a bit of a mess. Check the posts at the bottom of the first page, others had the same problem and it was already dealt with there.

Dualnames

Quote from: Khris on Wed 25/05/2011 15:30:06
Unfortunately, this module is a bit of a mess. Check the posts at the bottom of the first page, others had the same problem and it was already dealt with there.

Yep. Khris is right, I'll try and fix this in the next few days. In the meantime read this topic and you may be helped.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

SeamanNaranja

Now I might be a total noob, but I can't find the solution in the thread. The problem is really weird. I can pick up inventory item 1 and use it on inventory item 2 if the code is as follows:

Code: ags
function iChain_UseInv()
{
cEgo.LoseInventory(iRope);
cEgo.LoseInventory(iChain);
cEgo.AddInventory(iDevice);
cEgo.Say("It worked!");
}

But since this makes every inventory item transfer the iRope and the iChain to a iDevice, I want to do it like this:

function iChain_UseInv()
{
if (cEgo.ActiveInventory == iRope) {
cEgo.Say("It worked!");
}
else {
cEgo.Say("There is no point in using that on that.");
  }
}

and this:

function iRope_UseInv()
{
if (cEgo.ActiveInventory == iChain) {
cEgo.Say("It worked!");
}
else
cEgo.Say("No.");
}

But then it jumps straight to the else function and says "No" or "There is no point...". It's as if the mouse actions in the inventory suddenly are allergic to "if's"! Now this might be completely unrelated to the module, but it worked fine before I added it (via function on_mouse_click, BASSFunctions etc.). If its unrelated I am sorry I bothered you! :)

Matti

I don't really get the problem, but shouldn't cCooper be cEgo? I mean how could could Ego use something on the rope when the rope actually belongs to Cooper?

SeamanNaranja

Yeah, that was just a mispelling here, in the game cEgo is cCooper in every instance. So thats not whats causing the problem :)

SeamanNaranja

It appears the problem was with my horrible coded Broken Sword-inventory. The module works perfectly! :)

poplamanopla

TOC, TOC!!
Anybody there?

:P

I wanted try the module, but ...

Oh! My god (recurrent phrase for many situations)

The download dosen't work.  :'(

Help me, please! Help me!

Dualnames

http://duals.agser.me/Files/Control_Modes.rar

There. I think that's a bit older version, so read this topic in case you're having issues with certain stuff.

poplamanopla

Thanks!  :D

I used the module in a simple room and it works fine like promises:

Left click to examine objects/hotspots/characters and right click is for walk/talk to/use.

But ...

To be (just a little more) like as the original with left click should do character walks, too.

Anyway, as I said, works fine.

Now I´ll try to do that hotspot/character/object name popup next to icon mouse.

Many thanks, again!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk