Re:Alot to say...REALLY!

Started by Nacho, Sun 18/01/2004 20:14:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Nacho

You´ve been an arse... You weren´t not only happy not using AGS, but also you bashed us saying, more or less "Fuck you, your engine sucks and you all suck!!!"

And now you come back crowling? You had your chance to behave normaly and you passed them for your asshole. I hope that this time you became a "normal" member, but if you want to try to have another laugh among the AGSers I hope that CJ won´t forgive you again and set a huge BAN on you.

Good luck in your new AGS experience, but have in mind that many newbies have gained experience by a silent attitued of working, reading, and serious posting, and you´re far away from that respect because of your unfortunately start. You´ll really need that luck, matey...
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

LGM

Well Said. I concur.

Phil, if you play nicely this time you'll get a better reaction. So I'm wiping your slate clean from my mind.. So keep cool and maybe I'll like you or something :-p
You. Me. Denny's.

MillsJROSS

I'm confused here, because I didn't think anything PhilRobert said was offensive, so just incase I wasn't remembering right I reread his ten posts. Nope, nothing offended me.

QuoteYou´ve been an arse... You weren´t not only happy not using AGS, but also you bashed us saying, more or less "Fuck you, your engine sucks and you all suck!!!"

More or less? He didn't say fuck you your engine suck at all. In fact his post seemed friendly and informative, even if some of his arguments fell flat. There was no bashing...he just thought he had found something better, and now he found out he was wrong. So he apologized for trying to tell us earlier that he had, in a nice way, said he didn't want to use AGS. Put him in jail!

QuoteAnd now you come back crowling? You had your chance to behave normaly and you passed them for your asshole. I hope that this time you became a "normal" member, but if you want to try to have another laugh among the AGSers I hope that CJ won´t forgive you again and set a huge BAN on you.

Behave normaly? I thought we were a collective of unique individuals? Are we all to become part of the collective, with no longer a thought about our own thoughts and oppinions? There is no termed, "normal", AGSer. And I don't think PhilRobert's had a laugh at our expense. And when did CJ forgive him...there was no reason to forgive him, he did nothing wrong, as far as I know. And if CJ didn't put a ban on kikme, why would he do so to PhilRoberts? Aren't you overreacting, because he happened to have a difference of oppinion?

QuoteGood luck in your new AGS experience, but have in mind that many newbies have gained experience by a silent attitued of working, reading, and serious posting, and you´re far away from that respect because of your unfortunately start. You´ll really need that luck, matey...

You should take your own advise.

People...if you just re-read his post, you'll see he wasn't being anti-AGS at all. He was merely stating he thought he found something more suitable for his tastes. There should be no slates to be wiped clean as he didn't do anything wrong. Or am I wrong in thinking that people can't have a difference of oppinion? He's already apologised (for what, I don't know), so quite bitching about it.

And Phil welcome back to AGS, come and go as you like. Tell us what you like, or don't like about the engine. That is what this community is for. If a community can't take some constructive criticism, then I don't see how we can claim to be this mature community thats special. I'm sure CJ wasn't hurt by what Phil had to say, and neither should you.

-MillsJROSS

Pumaman

Now, I'm just about to check out for the week so I've got to be brief, but I think Mills makes a very important point.

I've noticed recently some people are becoming rather defensive about AGS, and the forums in general.

Now this is not aimed at Farlander in particular, because I've seen it from various people lately - particularly in reply to PhilRoberts and Jodo Kast's posts.

I did not set up these forums as a place for people to argue and wage war on each other. In the 4 years this place has been going it has been one of the most civilised and mature forums I've visited on the net, and I'd really rather it didn't collapse into a flame fest like so many places are these days.

People don't have to use AGS to post here. If somebody posts but they decided not to use AGS, that's no reason to attack them. They are fully entitled to their own opinion, so long as they express themselves in a sensible way (without swearing, personal attacks, etc) which PhilRoberts has so far done.

So guys, please, just chill out. There's no need to stir up a fuss at the smallest little thing.

Meowster

But CJ, the guy is trying to have an OPINION!! How can you tolerate such behaviour??

God, and to think I used to respect you.

I don't think things are working between us any more.

I have to go.

Nacho

Well... starting a thread with this:

"Why does AGS start out with Roger Ego as a character?? Shouldn't there be nothing for you to start out with, so you can start from scratch!?!"

When people has been specially agressive with you is quite arse... The post, if analyzed word by word can seem innofensive, but the spirit of the post in that past situation had the undeniable aim to create unsease, at least in the way I see them.

Take a look at this:
"Well...It seems like AGS or SCI Studio will not be my choices in making Torin's Passage 2!

I have found the RIGHT program for the job...

Torin's Passage 2 will be released, but not due to being made by AGS, so...bye AGS'ers!"

Take a look to the member list and you will notice that 80% of the members has made less than 10 posts, there is also a greak breakdown of people who posted once... That means something: Some people test AGS and loss interest and leaves. There´s no need to make a big post announcing that there are better programs.

In addition, if you say goodbye when you had the chance to leave in a kindly way just saying "So long" and come back one week later can seem for many of us a desire of pulling the AGSers legs.

IT may seem over reacting, but let me quote some wise person:
"I thought we were a collective of unique individuals? Are we all to become part of the collective, with no longer a thought about our own thoughts and oppinions?"

Ditto. MY oppinion is that he tried to have a laugh at our expense. LGM thinks like me. CJ doesn´t (I had already told that I admire how he stands two members like Kikme and Mitar, I reached a long time ago that CJ is so much better person than me).

No problems, but have in mind that a lot of people will have even more lack on coincidence on Phil than in any other newbie, and he will have to work hard to recover this confidence. that´s  logical.

Again... Phil, welcome back. Some AGSers trust in you. Some others will have to be convinced. Good luck.

P.S. And read again my post... I said "If you try to have a laugh at our expense, I hope CJ BAN you" which is mileas away to "CJ SHOULD" or "CJ WILL" Ban you.

CJ can do anything because the program is his. Nothing I can do will change his mind because, in other order of things, he is so much clevar than me, POPPOPOOOPO  ;D :P

Meowster

Hey, the guy is just dumb and doesn't know how to act around people. It's a type of disease. It's not like he means to annoy us, he just genuinely doesn't have a clue. He might want to have a conversation with somebody but instead of saying 'hi' he says 'fuck you'. He'd try to ask you how your mother is, and instead he'd say something like, 'I FUCKED your MOTHER last night'. But it's the THOUGHT that counts, and he was thinking, 'I hope you are okay. I am okay. We could be friends. Would you like that you SON OF A WHORE?' because deep inside, in his head, he can't stop these irritating thoughts, that drive him to piss people off. All he truly wants is to make games, but PEOPLE just don't UNDERSTAND his PROBLEM, and sometimes they make fun of him and call him PHIL THE FUCKING IDIOT AND ALL HE REALLY WANTS TO DO IS MAKE HIS FUCKING GAME AND MAKE FRIENDS AND HE ONLY WANTS TO KNOW WHAT FUCKING ENGINE TO USE AND YET YOU PEOPLE ARE POINTING AT HIM AND LAUGHING AT HIM AND MOCKING HIM BECAUSE HE HAS THIS FUCKING DISEASE THAT HE WAS BORN WITH, THAT HE DIDN'T CHOOSE TO HAVE AND THAT HE IS FIGHTING, AS WE SPEAK. DO YOU THINK PEOPLE COME HERE TO FUCKING ANNOY OTHER PEOPLE?! IS THAT THE SORT OF FAITH YOU HAVE IN HUMANITY!??? YOU THINK HE WANTS TO COME ON HERE TO FUCKING PISS PEOPLE OFF BY INSULTING THEIR GAME MAKING FACILITIES AND LAUGHING IN THEIR COLLECTIVE, FUCKING, FACES!???!

Nacho

I don´t know who Really Phil Roberts is...Maybe he was really intending to hurt us and he has been forced to come back... Maybe he doesn´t know how to behave... Maybe he is a cool man who has had an extremely unfortunate start...

Anyway... discovering who is the Real Phil Roberts can be a nice experience... thanks for making me think Mills, and good luck Phil.

Meowster

I think my theory is more likely, based on the fact I yelled a lot more than everybody else, and used a lot of bad language.

Doesn't that stuff account for anything?

Robert Eric

Drop it.  I don't use AGS anymore, so attack me rather than him.  In fact, I'd like to take this moment to post a link to a pretty good 3D engine usable in all .NET languages: 3DState
Ã, Ã, 

DGMacphee

Jesus, guys -- chill out.

He made a lot of people angry, yes, but he's said sorry and asks if he can come back.

As long as he's learnt from his mistake, why give the guy a hard time?
ABRACADABRA YOUR SPELLS ARE OKAY

DGMacphee Designs - http://www.sylpher.com/DGMacphee/
AGS Awards - http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/

Instagame - http://www.sylpher.com/ig/
"Ah, look! I've just shat a rainbow." - Yakspit

Las Naranjas

Unfortunately CJ is Autistic. An idot savant if you will. Outside the worlds of code and programming he requires the aid of benevolent third parties to protect him from dark forces that threaten him. As his above post shows he is too ignorant, shall we say, stupid, to realise how dangerous these interlopers are. He needs his marshalls to drive away such fiends because of his evident incapability to recognise them for what they really are.
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

m0ds

Rock on.

It's funny, sitting here, typing into a little box on a screen, worrying about some text. I think we should get out more. The world is quite big.

TheYak

Please, sir, define this "world."

DGMacphee

Nacho

I have been quite worry tonight thinking if I was to harsh with Phil... Maybe it was just me who was annoyed by this guy? I´ve read the posts again: I´d like to show some of the reations to the leaving of Phil:

DUCK:
I think he should become the computer by jabbing a fork into an electrical socket and make it in his little mind.

EVENWOLF:
Adios and farewell my dear Don Quixote. Dance magic dance!

DG:

DRAGONROSE:

So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye! Do doodloo do do do dooo do doodleoo do dooooooooooooooo!

ROBERT ERIC:
Were one Phil Roberts lay, another surely resides. Don't celebrate yet, for the next annoying prick may be waiting for us to put our guard down.

DG:
But when he does... We'll be ready.

SQUINKY:
Hey guys, I really don't appreciate the way your treating my brother...

Geeze, he's been a little off since the accident...

JACKHAMMER:
Yeah, at least he doesn't reply and defend his stupidity. He's only had 10 posts, if you wouldn't reply to it, it'd just sink to the bottom.

JANNAR86:
Okay, let me be the one to say it. DELETE OR LOCK THIS THREAD. It's completely useless! I didn't care what we would've done, and I'm glad we're getting rid of him (finally, I hope!)

Phil Roberts, R.I.P
4 January, 2004 - 9 January, 2004
You came and went.

INKODDI:
We all said we didn't like PhilRoberts2004, Os Último Quão Queijo ^_^ warned us for his attention seeking...

But the truth is, WE HATED HIM!!!111 Bye † PhilRoberts2004 †... we won't miss you, now AGS forums will be back to normal again... I hope.

Well... I thought I was going a little crazy when I saw this nice welcome back... I needed to post this! thanks God,  feel better now...

Andail

I somewhat agree with Farlander, although I haven't really studied this case very well, so maybe I should shut up.

Most people jumped on the bandwagon to mock that fellow when he kept hyping about his master plan.
Then CJ and some other veteran said he was ok, and suddenly everybody is overly welcoming.

So, basically, just because CJ says you can't go on flaming people like crazy, doesn't mean you can pretend it never happened.

But I guess I'm missing something...I haven't been here very much recently after all

DGMacphee

Farlander:
We know what we all said.

But he's appologised and realised his mistake -- leave it at that.

PLEASE shut up before you cause a flame war.

Andail:
My comments in this thread come regardless of what Chris said.

Even if Chris hadn't posted, I'd still be telling all anti-Philers to chill -- mainly because Phil has politely asked for us to forgive him.

To all:
Goddamn it, he's said sorry -- He hasn't spam-posted details on his next project (yet) or hasn't acted like a kikme.

Just let him go on his merry way -- If he's learnt his lesson, he won't act like a dick.

And if he starts acting like an arsehole again, we'll verbally beat the shit out of him.

Simple as that.

Now, drop this issue.

Nacho

Sure DG, for me Phil has started again. I was just pointing that Phil had problems in the past, because in the way people acted seemed that he was Helm coming back to actively posting or something...  :P

DGMacphee

What the hell does Helm have to do with this?

And why do you feel you have to wave Phil's dirty laudry in front of him?

Yes, we all remember what Phil did -- we even have a record of it on these forums.

We don't need a reminder.

Timosity

Welcome back Phil,

I've just watched the sheep flock to your threads, it's actually quite impressive that you've made a mark that you probably don't even realise. You have only made 10 posts, (only the 1 in this thread [& it's already on page 2]) not offensive, maybe just a bit ignorant (refering to past threads), but it seems you've been researching.

You have an advantage already if you complete a game, if you're wise it will all work out, as long as you remember the silly buggers that made you famous, and ignore the other silly buggers digging deeper holes for themselves (probably the same ones).

in conclusion, let's play silly buggers

Good luck

jannar85

Well. I don't know what my thoughts are, so I'll just begin.
When I noticed that thread title, I though: "Ooooh! He's back, apologizing big time eh?"

But no.

There wasn't a lot to say. He came crawling back, calling AGS his home (which he didn't in his previous statements), and said TP was cancelled. Uh, okay? First of all, before even starting to think "Hey! I want to make Torins Passage II! That would be so cool. Everyone would look up to me as they do on Chris! Then I can steal all graphics and sell it!!11", he should've thought about copyright issues.

PLUS, you announced the production one month BEFORE you said the production would start. What are you thinking with really? That's so lame.

Let me quote his statement, IF it didn't start after a month:
If production does not begin within a month, then I will prolly start production prolly about a week or two after.
Oh... Really? How nice... DON'T YOU EVER TELL ABOUT YOUR GAME BEFORE YOU'VE STARTED IT!

You seem so immature. You act childish, and you don't think with your head before posting. Of course, maybe that's what you're after. Being flamed.

Plus, dumb posts results in dumb answers.

http://www.agsforums.com/yabb/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=10757;start=msg130092

I agree totally...

*cough*
http://www.agsforums.com/yabb/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=10736;start=msg129854

Look at this rude behavor in that thread:
But, I didn't...I am just placing my opinion & review on SCI Studio...so quit cryin'!

He told us to stop crying. Why should we stop? He actually posted a review on SCI studio, at the ags forums (not the sci forums), just to "convert" (or something) people to switch. Hell yeah, like we haven't tried SCI Studio already. Bah.

In one of his first post, he announced his game and told us that he wasn't going to use AGS. (http://www.agsforums.com/yabb/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=10737;start=msg129847) Now, what bothers me, is that he made A NEW FUCKING NEW THREAD just to tell "AGS is not for me... Bye ags users!111" (http://www.agsforums.com/yabb/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=10861;start=msg131203)

Plus, he's so friggin immature it makes me puke.
(Sorry all PhilRoberts2004 fans)

His first post was a review. A review guys. What's wrong with this guy??
A review on another engine he just found, posted on another game engine forum.
That just pisses me off.

Now I have found my opinion (again) on him.
If he's going to act childish or something again, I really hope someone will do something with it.
Veteran, writer... with loads of unreleased games. Work in progress.

LGM

Anyone else notice that Phil hasn't posted in this thread since he started it?

Somehow methinks he's sitting back in his chair, laughing at us because we've been going on and on about a stupid little thing he started..

So why don't we stop posting the same thing over and over and let this drift off into forgotten-post-land until he replies.
You. Me. Denny's.

jannar85

Let me quote The ultimo, LGM:
I suggest one of the mods warn him as well, like I have done already because I don't want to see him try to ruin these forums by posting complete and utter crap, lies and all together shit.
Source:
http://www.agsforums.com/yabb/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=10757;start=msg130092

Oh, and I'm not going to wish him welcome back when I don't even mean it.
But some are just too afraid to state what they really mean, which is sad. But ah well  ::)

Nacho

DG, if your way of avoiding a flame war is to take note on every word on my posts (Helm, in this case) I think you´re "a little bit" wrong.

I said "Helm" because I consider him my friend (I´ve met him personally, you know?), and if he comes back to post actively that should be an inmense motive of joy for me.

Don´t take all in a so personal way boy, I never refered to you when I refered to the AGSers who are giving this (IMO) strange wellcome back to Phil, I just wanted to point something.

Don´t be so focused on my, ok? I am overwhelmed :P

DGMacphee

QuoteHe actually posted a review on SCI studio, at the ags forums (not the sci forums), just to "convert" (or something) people to switch.

What the fuck is this??? Scientology or something???

CHRIST YOU WHINING PANSIES!!!

THEY'RE ONLY ADVENTURE GAMES FOR CHRISTSAKE!!!

JUST BECAUSE HE POSTED A REVIEW (That no one took seriously, I might add) OF SCI STUDIO OR WHATEVER THE HELL IT WAS, DOESN'T MEAN HE'S THE EVIL GRINCH READY TO STEAL ALL OUR FORUM MEMBERS!!! (AND EVEN IF HE DID, OH MY HOLY GOD WOULDN'T THAT BE A TRAGEDY -- I'LL BE CRYING IN MY SLEEP FOR YEARS TO COME CAUSE, YOU KNOW, MY WHOLE EXISTENCE IS BASED ON THIS FORUM!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!)

CHIRST, IF PEOPLE FIND A BETTER ENGINE THAN AGS, TELL ME ABOUT IT -- I'LL BE GLAD TO USE IT!!!

BUT NO ONE TOOK IT SERIOUSLY FOR SEVERAL REASONS:

a) EVERYONE KNOW THE TECHNOLOGICAL LIMITS OF SCI STUDIO ANYWAY
b) IT IS ACTUALLY POSSIBLE TO BE A MEMBER OF TWO ENGINE FORUMS (HOLY SHIT, NO WAY!!!)
b) THEY'E ONLY ADVENTURE GAME ENGINES, NOT THE HOLY FUCKING GRAIL

NOW CUT THIS STUPID SHIT PLEASE!!!

Jesus, why do you have to hold a grude over something as stupid as AN ADVENTURE GAME POST?!?

Now piss off the lot of you!!

Go on -- get out of this thread!!

Go do an entry in Background Blitz or add your opinion to Game Development Theory!

Do something other that whine and bitch about a stupid little ADVENTURE GAME FORUM POST!

It make me so sick when people waste their time with shit like this when they could be doing something constructive!

Farlander:
Once again, I ask what the fuck does Helm has to do with this?

Even if you're trying to make the analogy that we're all acting like Helm has returned (or any lost member), what does that change the fact that Phil has APPOLOGISED and ASKED FOR FORGIVENESS?

It doesn't -- So it's a stupid analogy to make in the first place.

Now give this bullshit a rest and go do something constructive like MAKING YOUR GAMES!!!

Nacho

Quote from: DGMacphee on Mon 19/01/2004 14:29:24
QuoteHe actually posted a review on SCI studio, at the ags forums (not the sci forums), just to "convert" (or something) people to switch.

What the fuck is this??? Scientology or something???

CHRIST YOU WHINING PANSIES!!!

THEY'RE ONLY ADVENTURE GAMES FOR CHRISTSAKE!!!

JUST BECAUSE HE POSTED A REVIEW (That no one took seriously, I might add) OF SCI STUDIO OR WHATEVER THE HELL IT WAS, DOESN'T MEAN HE'S THE EVIL GRINCH READY TO STEAL ALL OUR FORUM MEMBERS!!! (AND EVEN IF HE DID, OH MY HOLY GOD WOULDN'T THAT BE A TRAGEDY -- I'LL BE CRYING IN MY SLEEP FOR YEARS TO COME CAUSE, YOU KNOW, MY WHOLE EXISTENCE IS BASED ON THIS FORUM!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!)

CHIRST, IF PEOPLE FIND A BETTER ENGINE THAN AGS, TELL ME ABOUT IT -- I'LL BE GLAD TO USE IT!!!

BUT NO ONE TOOK IT SERIOUSLY FOR SEVERAL REASONS:

a) EVERYONE KNOW THE TECHNOLOGICAL LIMITS OF SCI STUDIO ANYWAY
b) IT IS ACTUALLY POSSIBLE TO BE A MEMBER OF TWO ENGINE FORUMS (HOLY SHIT, NO WAY!!!)
b) THEY'E ONLY ADVENTURE GAME ENGINES, NOT THE HOLY FUCKING GRAIL

NOW CUT THIS STUPID SHIT PLEASE!!!

Jesus, why do you have to hold a grude over something as stupid as AN ADVENTURE GAME POST?!?

Now piss off the lot of you!!

Go on -- get out of this thread!!

Go do an entry in Background Blitz or add your opinion to Game Development Theory!

Do something other that whine and bitch about a stupid little ADVENTURE GAME FORUM POST!

It make me so sick when people waste their time with shit like this when they could be doing something constructive!

That reminds me I´ve never seen you in Critics Lounge... Take a look to the characters I am designing... I  really need help, the man looks too similar to Ben and the girl can be improved a lot...

http://www.agsforums.com/yabb/index.php?board=4;action=display;threadid=11036&start=20

evenwolf

Yeah, nobody wants a flame war, besides -it's not like this is kikme haunting us again. He's just another guy who posts bold, irrational statements for us to over-dramaticize with long, conflicting replies.
"I drink a thousand shipwrecks.'"

Timosity

Quote from: LilGryphMaster on Mon 19/01/2004 14:09:18
Anyone else notice that Phil hasn't posted in this thread since he started it?

Quote from: Timosity on Mon 19/01/2004 13:56:08
(only the 1 in this thread [& it's already on page 2])

Quote from: LilGryphMaster on Mon 19/01/2004 14:09:18
Somehow methinks he's sitting back in his chair, laughing at us because we've been going on and on about a stupid little thing he started..

he may well be, or he has no clue or couldn't care a less, whichever it is, I'll sleep well tonight & yes we probably should stop posting cause I don't think he's coming back (once he finds AGAST)

note: I think he found it cause the AGAST site is gone, does anyone have a new link to it????????????

DGMacphee

Quote from: Farlander on Mon 19/01/2004 14:32:34

That reminds me I´ve never seen you in Critics Lounge... Take a look to the characters I am designing... I  really need help, the man looks too similar to Ben and the girl can be improved a lot...

http://www.agsforums.com/yabb/index.php?board=4;action=display;threadid=11036&start=20

Hmm, let me think...

The reason why you don't see me in the Critics lounge is because I'm:

a) running a weekly Photoshop competition
b) Working on Stickmen 2
c) Running an Awards ceremony
d) Doing things in real life
e) the owner of the worst art and music skills ever, so why bother going there in the first place???

I've had enough of this shit -- I've said all I need to.

Nacho

Quote from: DGMacphee on Mon 19/01/2004 14:37:00
Quote from: Farlander on Mon 19/01/2004 14:32:34

Hmm, let me think...

The reason why you don't see me in the Critics lounge is because I'm:

a) running a weekly Photoshop competition
b) Working on Stickmen 2
c) Running an Awards ceremony
d) Doing things in real life
e) the owner of the worst art and music skills ever, so why bother going there in the first place???

So... that implies that you think that people can have more skills than the needed to do a background blitz or a game developing theory?

Ok, understood... I guess that his implies that also the people who is working in things that are not related with you (I.E. constructive criticise in Critics lounge) can have the right to post here, isn´t it?

Thank you. Glad to read that. :)

DGMacphee

Quote from: Farlander on Mon 19/01/2004 14:41:41
So... that implies that you think that people can have more skills than the needed to do a background blitz or a game developing theory?

Ok, understood... I guess that his implies that also the people who is working in things that are not related with you (I.E. constructive criticise in Critics lounge) can have the right to post here, isn´t it?

Thank you. Glad to read that. :)

You're a fucking idiot if you truly think I insinuated all that.

Go ahead and interpret what I say however you want, and however misguided you may be.

But what I'm saying is this: YOU'RE WASTING YOUR TIME POSTING IN HERE -- GO AWAY AND DO SOMETHING ELSE, JUST LIKE I AM GOING TO!!

Nacho

Oh oh... You´re being rude DG...  :'(

That´s a nice show of you maturity and education. ;D

"You're a fucking idiot if you truly think I insinuated all that."

Very imaginative, BTW...

SSH

Heh... Torin's Passage. Still sounds rude to me!

What?

What?

evenwolf

Obligatory statement:

"DG, yeah we do have lives so why is it you get LL WORKED UP ABOUT IT, HUH? IF YOU HAVE LIVE, WHY READ THIS AND BE MAD MAD MAD WHEN YOU CAN JUST TAKE BREATHE, CLOSE BROWSER, ROLL BACK IN CHAIR, STAND UP, GO OUTSIDE, AND DRINK COFFEE NAKED? HUH? Its alright for you to get worked up about online matters because you can discern important issues, whereas everything I address is DUMB? Well that's dumb- you big DUMBY."

But imagine someone else saying it. Like Winnie the Poo, wearing a thong and bathing in honey with a playmate on either side (for maximum effect.)
"I drink a thousand shipwrecks.'"

jannar85

Okay! Okay! I hear you!
Then, welcome back  :-X
I hope you can be the opposite of what you were.

Robert Eric

DG, please, don't respond.  Everyone else in the forums, please don't respond.  All, go to another thread.  Get a drink, take a shit, read a book, breathe in, open a window, play with your cat, have a shower, and try not to get so pissed over something so trivial.  I know, I'm not one to speak, but we all have to try, at least.

Phil, welcome back, and please forgive what I have said.  I only said what I said based on what others had told me about you.  I myself use SCI Studio, so if you have any questions on it, please ask me if you want.
Ã, Ã, 

Andail

(This hasn't anything got to do with the topic, but that's just good, I suppose.)
I just thought of what Evenwolf was writing.
I've always resented the notion of "real life" as in contrast to spending time at an internet community.

I've led a highly social life during all of my time here, met more people, made more friends, gone to more parties and seen more places than the average "real life"-person, but I've always enjoyed participating in silly arguments on a message board.

Real life is just a notion, and mustn't conflict what we're doing here.

And DG, though I love you man; you're pretty lousy at preventing flame-wars, and you've always been.

DGMacphee

Final post from me, which is to say sorry -- yes, I admit I was pretty lousy at preventing a flame war, especially when I warned Farlander not to start one.

Hypocritical of me?

Yes.

Though, it was not my intention to start a flame war -- My only wish is that perhaps we can move on from this silly PhilRoberts issue and save the Gestapo the effort of locking this thread.

Nacho

I concur with the spirit of that... I feel obligated to say sorry, as long as I promised myself not to take any sentence as a direct strike against me...

Sorry...  :-\

MrColossal

You all need a lot of help...

This thread will probably be deleted really soon
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk