Lunchbox

Started by , Sat 24/01/2004 22:21:15

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilRoberts2004

Attention to all AGS'ers....

For the past few months, I realize that my antics were shrewed...but now, I have no reason to complain anymore for I have begun production on what could be the most unbelieveable title that AGS can put together.

My 1st MAJOR title is being produced...

which it is called...

LUNCHBOX

It is not a game but merely a movie.

I will have more details on the title as it comes.

ScottDoom

Kweepa

I think your antics are still shrewed.
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Chicky

seriously, good luck

that would be awsome, have you ever hearc of the game fable for the xbox, if not look up on it. Its been in production for about 6 years  :P and its much like your different route idea.

good luck again

-a chicken

P.S my xbox's broked  :'(

The Subliminal Messenger

Oh Phil, you really are funny.

This is, by far, the most amibitious fan game I've ever heard of. Reminds me of that Red Dwarf episode where they find out that their whole life has just been a video game where they make all the choices.

Unfortunately it seems a bit TOO ambitious. This is your first game, after all. Apologies for the way you've acted are accepted, but this is a bit over the top. The programming for a game with a 45 minute cutscene and a chance to make all the decisions would be very difficult, but the end result would be incredible.

I might even be willing to help on something like this, if there is a chance in hell it might ACTUALLY get finished. Which I'm sorry, I don't think it will be. Great idea though.
No one told me there were laws AGAINST Public Nudity!

Minimi

Moehahaha! I read this, and I burst out laughing out loud! It reminds me on myself 6 months ago!  :P I said... Oh look, im gonna make a cool game wich will be sooo cool, and not even a month later I gave up. But ofcourse you are different and you will, as your first game make a game wich is longer gameplay than almost every profressional adventure game, and ofcourse it will be the best game made with AGS.

Yes you also have my good luck

NOW SERIOUS!
1. READ THE TERMS OF THIS FORUM!!! You should announce your game here when it's actually in progress, and so far that you are for sure it will be finished.
2. The title should be the title of the game!
3. Please place a screenshot of the game
4. DON'T BE REDICULOUS!! You'll never going to finish this.

I'm not flaming or anything, but ARE YOU SURE?!?! I mean, if are you an ubernerd without social life, to sit 24/7 behind your pc, and work on the game, then I think you might finish it in one year.... but I hope for you, you DO have a social life, or atleast other things to do besides adventuregame-developing hobby, and so I think it's for sure you won't finish it!

PS: How old are you? I mean, sex, drugs, violence... who cares anyway??? And why no puzzles, isn't that the very reliable part of the adventureindustry? And I think there are enough rapes, drugsdealers and murderers in this F***ED up world that we don't need to wast 65 hours of our time on more of it. I say change the gamename to "The P(e)aceMaker"  8)

Erwin_Br

Wait a minute. Does anyone remember that RPG guy or was that on another forum? Anyway, this reminds me of him, although the RPG guy was even, uh, worse?

--Erwin

DragonRose

Appologies for the continuation of the thread-jacking, but OH MY GOD yes I remember RPGMaker!  He forced two threads about KQ2VGA to be locked because he flooded them with messages about how he could send us screenshots of his "monster folder" or something like that, thereby PROOVING that he was making the most awesomest game of all time. It had 156247325634 levels and 45564515789453 monsters, after all.

Minimi: You have used up your smiley quota for the rest of the month with that last post.

Now, to PhilRoberts.  A 45 minute introduction? To be quite honest, it's going to take something amazing to get someone to sit and watch 45 minutes of exposition before they get around to playing the game.  And at 50-60 hours, it would take me personally about half a year to finish playing.

It's not the size that matters, it's how you use it.
Sssshhhh!!! No sex please, we're British!!- Pumaman

Meowster

I can't believe you're falling for this. I don't know who's funnier; PhilRoberts for making all these posts, or all of you for believing them, even after reading that gem.

Anyway, back on topic.

That idea sounds great except for the 50 cutscenes and the 45 minute introduction cutscene and the name 'Lunchbox'.

veryweirdguy

Quote from: DragonRose on Sun 25/01/2004 02:25:57
Appologies for the continuation of the thread-jacking, but OH MY GOD yes I remember RPGMaker!  He forced two threads about KQ2VGA to be locked because he flooded them with messages about how he could send us screenshots of his "monster folder" or something like that, thereby PROOVING that he was making the most awesomest game of all time. It had 156247325634 levels and 45564515789453 monsters, after all.

That guy was soooooooooo cool. Here is his greatest post EVAH!:

Hey, I'm logged in now. Sorry again for making all this so hard to read. Anyway, here's the status of my demo for rm2k right now. I won't give the status of my AGS game, yet....but I can say this... it's already pushing 75 maps! Here are my RPG MAKER 2000 features of my up coming RPG "Fantasy Quest" nnovative and Original Features of my up and coming RPG, (All of the stuff here is 100% true as you will see when you play the game. Pretty much everything on this list is innovative and has never been done before in history of video game making.) "Features of Fantasy Quest" 0. The largest Rm2k game on the net. In fact, it is larger than all of them combined!! I downloaded every Rm2k game I could find, including all demos. I have over 300 rm2k games, that equal about 722 MEGS total, and that's including almost 200 megs of RTP.exe files!! So, my game is currently 821,989,654 bytes!!!! So, that tops every game on the net...COMBINED! I am truly a wonder...or maybe you guys are just idiots...read on. 1. Over 1,000 hours of gameplay time, minimum. (Average 5,000-10,000) 2. A 100 Floor INN (20% done) 3. A 100 Floor Cave (90% done) 4. A 100 Floor Tower (33% done) 5. An original CBS (1% done) 6. An original menu system (0% done) 7. Over 11,000 different Monsters to do battle with. (each with their own personality)(50% done) 8. Over 30,000 different possible monster parties to run into! (30% done) 9. Over 4,000 different chipsets will be used. (25% done) 10. Different music on just about every map. 11. Over 4,500 maps! (estimated at game finish, about 500 maps so far) 12. An average of about 50 events per map!! 13. Over 150 bosses to do battle with in just one tower! 14. Countless caves, towers, towns and awesome areas to explore. 15. Many different worlds and time zones, to travel through. 16. A complex (real life like) day-night system. 17. A game timer, so you can track how long you've been playing for. 18. Over 7,000 different music tracks in the game!! (25% done) 19. About 100 of the songs are original made by me, The RPG Creator. 20. There is different boss battle music for each boss battle! 21. Countless original maps and events made by ME..for YOU to have fun! 22. A McDonalds and other Real Life Events are all over. 23. The drug free den, hiphop hotel, and smoke shop are 3 to mention! 24. Over 5,000 different possible items to get! (10% done) 25. Over 150 Bonus side quests to complete if you wish! (15% done) 26. A lot of mini-games if you get bored with the RPG (Highly Unlikely) 27. An UNBELIEVABLE story, like you've never heard before! Beats FF4! 28. Lots of Characters from your favorite SNES games, for Nostalgia. 29. Life-Saving Info in the game! 30. A 10x900 SUPER Race map!! 31. A house of Crazed Events, with all of the bad stuff in one room! 32. A 500x500 map in the 200 floor dungeon!! (100% done) 33. Original Puzzles, made by me. 34. A jumping system. (100% done) 35. A door system, similiar to the Dragon Quest Series. 36. A Materia System similiar to that of FF7. 37. Over 2500 different Panaramas! (Cool Backgrounds) 38. Over 5,000 different Charsets! (Characters, objects, NPC's, etc.) 39. Over 3,000 different Backdrops! (battle backgrounds) 40. Over 3,000 different Animations! 41. Over 5,000 different Magic Spells! 42. A Job and Ability System! (kinda like FFV)(0% done) 43. In addition to the CBS, there is also an Adventure Battle System.(10% done) 44. A 500x500 Town!!(100% done) 45. A 900X900 Cave!!(100% done) 46. Puzzles that will boggle anyone's mind!! (10% done) 47. Lots of Spoofs and Funny Jokes. 48. Lots of Voices are dubbed in with the text, with impersonations! 49. Professional, yet extrememly long, fun, and laid-back to play. 50. There will be NO BUGS. It has been tested a lot OTIMES. Very addictive. 51. There's something in it for everyone. 52. The most challenging game ever made. Period. 53. The longest game ever made...and quite possibly the most fun. 54. Lots of Real-Life mixed with Fantasy...Perfect for anyone, almost. 55. Unbelieavble Replay value, due to different paths the game takes ETC. 56. Awesome and Original death scenes of all kinds. 57. The game features 1d, 2d, and 3d graphics! 58. Quite possibly the first game is history to do Feature #57! 59. The game also Features Real-Life like Virtual Reality Graphics! 60. Over 100 attributes and Conditions!! 61. And MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MORE!!!!!!!! (Way too much to list here, Jabronies) Download your Copy of the demo for Free, today. This game will always be free, because I hate money. (DEMO IS NOT ONLINE YET AND WILL NOT BE UNTIL I GET ACCESS TO CABLE)The demo alone is almost 1 GIG, so you must have a fast connection in order to download it. Sorry, but the longest game ever made has to be big in size. I watered it down as much as possible, because even my own hard drive is not big enough to fit the full high-quality game. What I did was convert all the WAV files into the shittiest possible quality, but that's OK, because I love suckcore anyway, and I'm sure you idiots will too. Have fun! (Keep in mind...this is only the demo, but it's about 25% complete with at least a thousand hours of gamplay time to master. By the time you beat this (if you ever do) The full version should be released. It won't be much bigger in size, since i already imported almost everything i plan to use....unless I end up making a 100,000 hour game!!!!!! The RPG Creator PS- Anyone who thinks it takes more time to make an RPG than it does to play it....think again. With the technologies available to us today,(like rpg maker) we are able to very quiclkly create very long and enjoyable games. I've shared my secret on how to do this already.

For the full thrilling story, click here. Scroll to RPG Creator's first post.

And Phil, good luck with the game. Please don't make a 45 min cutscene...

Kairus

Hahahaha RPG creator's stuff is the funniest thing I've ever heard. 1D graphics??? Sounds waaaaay cool, like looking at a line with dots moving through it and crashing each other. Amazing. :P
This guy is just nonsense if he says NES graphics where 1D, then SNES 2D and PS 3D... lol
Also I played one of his songs and was the worst trance s**t I've ever heard. Maybe it's that it was too fast but it didn't seem to have any harmony, so it isn't music at all. I'm not too keen on trance music, but I'm sure any idiot (that couldn't play his game, those where his words) could do it better, even I could do better stuff with a carrot stuck in my ear... perhaps more... two carrots in both ears.

About PhilRoberts game. Hey, it's not completely impossible. But I don't think it really is worth the time as it looks just like those books from "choose your own adventure" (I don't know how they are called like that in English) where at the end of each page you may choose which way to go, but there's no more interaction than that. I'm not completely sure it hasn't been done already, and 45 minutes is far too much for an introduction sequence. I get tired even of thinking about it. I'd rather go and watch a movie instead.
Download Garfield today!

DOWNLOADINFOWEBSITE

shbaz

Oh it's completely impossible allright.

By my predictions this game has a 0.002% chance of succeeding with a -0.002 margin of error.

BE PREPARED ALL!!!
Once I killed a man. His name was Mario, I think. His brother Luigi was upset at first, but adamant to continue on the adventure that they started together.

Yufster - Psychonaut

Leave him alone! I bet he's gonna be the next Tim Schafer!

Once he quits fooling around.

Yufster - Psycho.

EDIT except I'm not logged in so more of an AFTERTHOUGHT: Ha Ha Ha AGA!!!!

Layabout

PhilRoberts2004, Why do you continue to make a fool of yourself?

You are the laughing stock of the entire AGS community!

You are comparable to little willy and Andy Penis, who were both fake.

You are like the old school squalman.

You are like the very special child I keep in the basement!!!

You sir, are a RETARD. The best thing for you to do now is to GIVE UP ON LIFE.

Trust me, you will be doing GOD A FAVOUR!!!!

I am Jean-Pierre.

veryweirdguy

Quote from: Yufster - Psycho. on Mon 26/01/2004 15:22:50
EDIT except I'm not logged in so more of an AFTERTHOUGHT: Ha Ha Ha AGA!!!!

You know how long it took me to figure out just what you meant there?

Well, perhaps I don't know just how long, but it was a lot.

And now I feel stupid.

But still, nice one AGA.

PhilRoberts2004

Ok......here is the latest update for AGS' first full length motion picture: LunchBox

I am currently working on writing up the storyboard for the movie, but as well as getting the characters drawn up.

The scenery will be drawn up at a later date.

The music you will hear in the movie will be excellent. I do not have the list of songs you will hear in the movie, yet. But, I will whenever I give you all the next update on the progress of the movie, which prolly won't be for a few weeks.

The movie itself might be 2-3 hours long, depending on how long the script is.
Next update on movie will be posted either on February 27th or February 28th.

LordHart

Okay...

If you think you are going to make a movie in AGS, then you should work on a movie script for a LONG time... jesus, I'm still writing the script for Hellraiser: Box of Tears, and I started that last year sometime.

Seriously, you can't do anything else without a script: no storyboarding, no character design art, no music work, nothing... because the tone of the script could be different from what you started with. You might also be a crap writer, and to get a movie that is over 2-3 hours takes a hell of a lot of time to write, to flesh out, to flesh out again and again.

Do you even know how to write a script? Do you know about camera angles required for movies? Do you know about building tension? Do you know anything?

Phil, I warned you for your own benefit, but you didn't listen. I even stopped posting in your threads when eric said so, but you just don't learn... god damn it, even the guys at that wrestling school/promotions forum you go to got fucking annoyed with you... yes, I found those forums too when I did a little search on you... Shut up, and don't post crap.

If you want to be serious, fine, start the movie, work on it for a few weeks/months and then get back and announce it. Don't do something that goes for 2-3 hours... nobody wants to see a crappy little cartoon/amatuer movie that is that long, when top movies in cinemas get cut for time (LOTR)...

If you can... try to actually THINK of what you are going to do, draw out the plan... don't just post and then announce 6 minutes later you've decided to stop, and yes, you've fucking done that before...

God damn, I'm pissed off... sorry to everyone, i just hate him oh so much...

edit: Oh yeah, and what do you mean by the "few months"... you've been here for two to three fucking weeks, pissing people off...

PhilRoberts2004

Ok, jerk. You better listen to me. I grow sick of your bulltrash. You decided to dig into my personal life which is NOT acceptable. What goes on at NMW is MY BUSINESS! I am training to be a Pro Wrestler, I am chasing my dreams. I have apologized to them guys for my actions on the boards because I mean it. On here, I don't mean anything I say except for if I am working on a project. I am a busy kid, I don't have time to do everything at once. If this movie does not even get finished, then boo hoo. But, don't you ever walk into my personal life ever again. If you do, I WILL REPORT YOUR  A** to the F.B.I & they will haul you away for life, you sick freak!

So, buddy...I don't know who you are, but you better leave me alone or you will pay dearly!

With that said....back to your normal lives, people!

LordHart

I'm not going to post anymore, but let me tell you something... I'm in Australia... no FBI here... so boo hoo... :'(

And they wouldn't care about someone finding a bit of information (which by the way, can't be VERY personal if it's on the net, in a forum), on some little asshole... so boo hoo... :'(

Tard...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk