The New AGS Website Competition (Feb.1 - Feb.21)

Started by Darth Mandarb, Sat 31/01/2004 16:58:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Layabout

I tend to ignore all smilies due to my immense hatred for all of them!
I am Jean-Pierre.

AGA

Arcangel

This is alone a simple sample of a design using the beginning page About. The navbar is null at the moment.
;D
http://adventuregamestudio.web1000.com

Squinky

Gilbert

Well, web1000 hosted pages never shown for me, so I got exactly the same thing as squinky did.

Gregjazz

Quote from: DGMacphee on Tue 10/02/2004 15:59:58
All your websites suck!

Mine kicks all yours in the balls: http://www.sylpher.com/DGMacphee/MyAGSSite/

This site made me nearly laugh my pants off. No, not literally. Excellent job, and remember, I'm voting for this one!

Gilbert

Heh I suggest keeping TWO OR MORE page designs at the same time (like some sites did) so the users can switch to whichever they prefer, and of course DG's design must be one of them.

Klaus

Okay now here's my thoughts about a re-vamp of the AGS website:

I don't think it's very useful to simply only change the looks of the website. The structure has changed a lot from the beginning and so why not better also taking this into account? Some links are really hidden or too difficult to find in the current navigation. For example I changed the "forums" to "community" as this could also contain things like the users world map or other personal stuff.

My entry ("general" area) is available here for everyone who's interested :)
Of course some enchantment still needs to be done...

Darth Mandarb

Klaus that is excellent!  It's nice to see another serious entry.

I wanted to change more than the looks as well, but after talking around it was determined that CJ didn't want to change too much, other than the look, because there was too much work involved and he didn't have the time.

So he wanted us to design something that could just be put 'over' what's already in place.  As far as functionality goes.

Your design is outstanding!

~ d

Scummbuddy

- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Inkoddi

Privateer Puddin'

My vote for Klaus, if the "What is Adventure Game Studio?" was big enough to fit in without scrolling ;)

Pau

I like the Klaus design, but I have a suggestion: The selected tab (information,features...) could be higlighted in order to let the user know where he is.
paused -- get the startup menu creator (version 1.1) for AGS games. (Use save target as..)

Chicky

i vote klaus  ;D great professional design!

-nath

DragonRose

I'm voting for Mr. Klaus.  That design is awesome, and I really like the news section, and navigation seems quite simple.  Also, having a "community" link at the bottom instead of a "forum" link makes a much more convenient place to put things like the AGSers map.

Two things I'd change:

1) Instead of "Games Database," maybe have "Download Database," because then there's a spot to download Plug-ins.

2) That picture of CJ along the top... it' just a little creepy.  Someone just finding the site for the first time would be pretty confused. I'd recommend a banner made up of various popular games, sort of like we have now.
Sssshhhh!!! No sex please, we're British!!- Pumaman

Nacho

I really like Klaus'design, but I'm not very happy about some of the icons... I mean, Chris appears with a funny face, and that is cool, but Chris never wanted to have such a "predominant" place in the AGS community...

He's the creator and all that, but sometimes I really think that he wants to be just one more member most thant "THE MAN" who appears in the main page of the website, at the same level of the bluecup and the name of the Engine... We may ask him about that...

About the "community" icon, dunno, but a mittens photo doesn't seems to be fair IMHO. There are very important people who haven't had the chance to come to Europe for a mittens (I.E. Mr. Colossal, Dave Gilbert, DG, Las Naranjas... and many many others...) So... I remeber that there was a cooool collage with a bluecup made with all the pics of the AGSers.

I know that this can be excessive, and even unfair because we should show pics of one-post peope and not photos of important people who has never posted pics (I.E. Annie) but this is most close to a fair sollution.

But the best is not to post photos or personalize the "community" in just 7 or 8 faces.

(P.S: This criticism comes because I think that the page is soooo coool... ^_^, that I wanted to help... it is not pretending to be harsh)

(P.S.S: I don't like the bluecup shape at the toop... too convex, the real bluecup is totally cilindrical, I think...)
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Haddas

I think, that instead of pics of some games, the site could show a box of screens from the 5 most downloaded games, 1 box with the best rated game and 1 box for the newest game!

It's just an idea

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk