Alpha Regions

Started by edmundito, Wed 03/03/2004 00:00:07

Previous topic - Next topic

edmundito

I was just wondering since ags now has a wide range of support for alpha blending, can you have alpha blended regions (that you would import, of course). I guess not, since I can't find anything in the help :P
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

Gregjazz

Ooh, and alpha walk-behinds would also be cool.

Kweepa

I really don't understand why you'd need alpha regions, except as a hack.
Alpha walk behinds don't make much sense - you'd get a better effect with an alpha object. (So that the edge can blend with the background and with any objects behind the object.)

Plus, either of them would make a quick edit in AGSEdit impossible.
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Pumaman

Yeah, alpha walk-behinds would have no background image to blend with, so it wouldn't really make sense. Importing special extra alpha regions would be possible - but then, why not just use an object.

Remember that alpha blending does slow the game down, and I think that having to add an object to use it makes you think more about whether you really need it.

edmundito

Yeah, I guess adding an object as a walk behind would make sense. I was just wondering what would slow the game more... alpha blending walk-behinds would occur only on the character... it would act normal the rest of the time (that's what I was thinking) while alpha blended objects do it on the whole backgrounds, so it's more stuff to blend.
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

Gregjazz

I guess what I am really trying to say about the 'alpha-blended walk-behinds' would be 'anti-aliased walk-behinds'. I have no idea why I didn't make that clear. :)

That way if you have a whole foreground or something...

EDIT: Well, I could use an object, come to think about it. Thank you for your help!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk