February MAGS Competition

Started by mr_Zipox, Sun 01/02/2004 12:45:53

Previous topic - Next topic

mr_Zipox

Theme- Zombie Nightmare

Rules for February
The game must take place in a future when almost all people are zombies.

If you have seen Zombie movies like 28days later or the classic movie day of the dead then you know what I'm talking about.  8)

- It must be one animated background.
- One of the characters must be a movie star or a clown.
- Inventory Items who must be in the game is.
One Axe and a book.

No restrictions on color depth and resolution.

And the most important is
Lot's of blood ;)

Good luck people...

Dave Gilbert

* Dave Gilbert waits for Grundislav's "Granny Zombiekiller 3000"

Ginny

Hmm, well the rules are pretty much the opposite of all my game ideas and visions, so I think this is a good month to make a short game just for fun, with no deep story..
Actually, I dont quite see any variations on story in these rules, though I could if I tried.. Anyway, Im entering with a small games, stay tuned for more ;)
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

Moox

Duck

One animated background as in "there must be one animated background" or "the game must take place in one animated background?"

Damien

"there must be one animated background" is my guess.

Quote- One of the characters must be a movie star or a clown

Can it be a fictional movie star?

Quote- Inventory Items who must be in the game is.
One Axe and a book.

Are we limited to Axe and a book, or can we use some more?

Duck

Yeah, but hey, it'd make my job easier.

Ginny

Yeah, a few things:

Can I interpert zombies in any way I want?
Can I interpert blood in any way I want? ;)
Do you mean a famous movie star or just a character who's job is playing in movies (sorta what Damien asked)?
:)

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

Minimi

hmm, these rules are straight against my motto, wich is "no violence, no blood, no bad language and childrenplay-guaranteed"... and I could probably just start a debate about why I dislike the whole zombie thing and blood idea, but I won't ;)

I'll just get ahead with my entry for last month The Windmill... and hope you all have a fun mags :)

mr_Zipox

hmm ok lot's of questions.. :P

There must be one animated background some where in the game.
you can use what ever moviestar you like.
And it can be a fictional movie star.
The axe and the book must be in the game else theres no Inventory limit.

ScottDoom

I actually thought of an idea for this, that could be turned into a children's type game (if you used green blood for the zombies, or something). I'll try to make it, but if I can't then I'll give anyone my idea if they want it (and are willing to make it a nice little game).

The title as of now is Smile!

mr_Zipox

You can interpert zombies in any way you want.
and you can interpert blood in any way you want.
So you can do a comedy game.
And green blood is also blood. :D

Evil

Is it alright if me and LGM do a co-op game. I would do the art and music and he would do scripting and dialogue. I dont see why we would work any faster, if anything we would go slower. Is this ok?

mr_Zipox

I don't care how your work.
I just won't to see a lot's of games in this Competition.
:D
Keep up the good work.
8)

sergiocornaga

Hmmm. I think I really will enter this time. I like zombies.

magintz

Woa, didn't realise you had posted, next time can you PM me the rules so I can check over them and add the usual spiel.. :)

As for February being such a short month I will need all games in by 23rd
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

Ginny

hmm, isn't this a leap year? wither way, I think its still enough time from, say 25th to 28th or 29th to votre (normal months have 30 or 31 days, that is only 3 or 4 days for voting, which isnt much different from 25th to 28th).
Anyway I dont really mind cause I'm making something short, but just wanted to point this out. :)

edit: I think Ill challenge myself with a low resolution and pallete (first time) in this game, and use it to try out stuff. :)

Current (official?) working title: The Ressurector.

Also, it didnt turn out as short as I had planned (I guess I can have visionary ideas with any topic, hehe), but if my calculatins are correct I have enough time. It wont be very gruesome but there is ebough blood in my plan to satisfy you, I hope ;).

jduck007

Hmm... this was going to be my first MAGS competition, but I'm already working on a Zombie game! I don't really want to work on two Zombie games, so I guess I'll just wait 'til next month.

ScottDoom

Well, I've started to work on my game that I currently call Smile! I'm pretty sure that'll be the final title, but I might change it.

Here's the story:
In 2008, a deadly virus emerges on Earth and sweeps through the whole of Earth. The virus poisons its host, and turns them into Zombies. The inhabitants of Ags, a far away planet, have been in a secret "agreement" with the governments of Earth in which Ags extracts raw materials from Earth while promising not to harm the humans. Due to the Zombification of the humans the "agreement" is now void, and the inhabitants of Ags are preparing to invade Earth and eradicate the Zombies and claim Earth.

You play as Mann.

Mann is an inhabitant of Ags, and his (and your) mission is to establish a secure landing base for your people, and kill any Zombies you come across. However, you discover something about these Zombies...

Although the story is rather deep, the gameplay will be very short. I'm still working on designing puzzles. I'm actually having a hard time with. I'm guessing there will probably be about 5 or 6 rooms total though. The game will give a very nice message, but I don't want to ruin it.

Ishmael

Me ares teh in! But I gotta find a moviestar and a zombie.. well, I think I can arrange that... in some way :P

A SEQUEL! A SEQUEL! Whee! :)
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk