February MAGS Competition

Started by mr_Zipox, Sun 01/02/2004 12:45:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Frisby

I can't seem to get Demonslayer or Escape to download the files arn't complete or something like that.
- I have voted with-out playing these two -I hope you dont mind

Creed man - I was this close to voting for ya
*frisby makes a gesture where his thum and fore finger almost touch*

but there's a glitch - It seems I'm doomed to all eternity to smash only one mobile phone carrier with an axe - instead of the masses which I was looking forward to. Still, that's what I call entertainment.
Hey! All my awesome trophies dissapeared in the year since I was here last. CONSARN_IT! with an underscore!!! I earned dem tings!! Oh well. Hope your Monkey floats.

Creed Malay

Quote from: Mr_Frisby on Wed 25/02/2004 04:27:33
Creed man - I was this close to voting for ya
*frisby makes a gesture where his thum and fore finger almost touch*

but there's a glitch - It seems I'm doomed to all eternity to smash only one mobile phone carrier with an axe - instead of the masses which I was looking forward to. Still, that's what I call entertainment.

Heh. That's all there is, sad to say. That's because I only found out about this months MAGS yesterday, and made my entry in about an hour and a half.... It's more of an intro to the non-existant game I would have made if I'd knoiwn earlier, I guess... Cheers for the good word, though...

Davy
Mobile Meat Machines - Comics of Animals and Education! - http://meatmachines.livejournal.com/

magintz

Again its this time of month...

And now to announce a winner...

*cough*

The winner is...

Armageddon Margaret by ElaineMc!!!!

Elaine if you can PM me your rules for March I'll post them up... k :)

Congratulations to all
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

Gord10

Congratulations, ElaineMC. :)
:'(
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

Squinky

Woo-hoo! Good job!

And good job to everybody else who entered and made this a pretty good little mags....

ElaineMc

Thanks!  And, really, any challenge involving the walking dead is *bound* to result in fun times, isn't it?
1. Never make unnecessary noise.
2. Never use unnecessary light.
3. Never expect a rescue.
Outrider - Zombies exist. Deal with them.

Timosity

Congrats ElaineMc, it's a great game & definately the best one this month, It's the only one I haven't quite finished yet & didn't get a chance to vote as I didn't realise it would be announced so soon (& I hadn't finished your game), but as it turned out you didn't need my vote anyway.

I'd like to see what you can come up with when you're not limited to a month.

Spoiler
I haven't posted in your thread yet cause I'm scared I might read a spoiler, the only small thing I noticed was in the Manse, up stairs to the right, in that screen the walkable area goes too far to the right and you can walk into the black area beyond the screen, very minor
[close]

Ginny

Congratulations ElaineMC! I look forward to the rules next month. :)

The only thing that slightly bothered me was the scaling of Felicia - in some of the screens she looks like a small violet square ;). The dialog faces were absolutely stunning, and added an inconcievable amount of personality to the characters. Wonderful!
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

Creed Malay

Well done Elaine. A well deserved winner.

Davy
Mobile Meat Machines - Comics of Animals and Education! - http://meatmachines.livejournal.com/

ElaineMc

Timosity: Thanks for the note-- I've got a running list of revisions that need to be made, and when I get a spare afternoon, I plan to correct things like this. Glad you enjoyed the game!

GinnyW: I agree-- she didn't translate as well to a smaller size as I would've liked. At about 45 pixels high, there just wasn't much I could do with her.

If I do a second chapter, I'll use a larger sprite-- and initial testing shows that this version works much better when reduced in size. On the left, the revised Felicia; to the right, revised Future Felicia (show at 2x the actual size).

I've used the dialog views very successfully in kamishibai stories before now, and they really can add a lot. Just about everything I use in AGS graphics, I've learned from doing kami games, in fact.

Creed: Thank you again. :)
1. Never make unnecessary noise.
2. Never use unnecessary light.
3. Never expect a rescue.
Outrider - Zombies exist. Deal with them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk