Rapstar 1.5 Updated 18.06.2005

Started by proximity, Fri 10/06/2005 02:58:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Gord10

Proximity, I could translate Rapstar 1 into English from Turkish, if you want. Also it would be a good chance to release a new version of the game in which the dialogs are skipable :)
Good luck with Rapstar 1.5
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

Nine Toes

Even though i'm not a very big fan of rap, this game sounds like a cool idea.  It looks like it could be fun.
Watch, I just killed this topic...

Queen Kara

I don't like rap much either and although it's kinda funny due to parodying real rap "artists" names , I agree that there are going to be people who normally hate rap who will like it and if they have a sense of humour , rap lovers who will enjoy it. On the other side , like somebody else stated rap lovers might hate it because it takes licenses with real rapper's names. *shrugs*  I usually only listen to rap by guys like Will Smith and Beastie Boys. It's funny , I know I can be quite a butt when it comes to the subject of "White" rappers but I love "you have to fight for your right to party" and some other songs by BB. 

"I'd say the same for rock. It's all noise and screaming to me."
Huh? You've never heard of Queen and other guys? It's not all screaming and noise.  Bohemian Rhapsody , November Rain , Under Pressure , ect. all qualify as Rock , right?  There's tons of rock out there that isn't "noise and screaming". I know you stated you were joking afterwards but I'm just saying.
I'm a music fanatic , especially a rock lover so if I seem a little touchy about it that's why. Heh.
( I love just about anything and everything except for rap and country ...so you might catch me listening to Deep Forest one minute and Cake the next )

If I was rap fan I'd help you with the English rhymes since I consider myself pretty good at that... Good luck and best wishs!
Klaatu Verata Niktu?

InCreator

I think that such game would be

* Interesting to see
* Quite boring to play after first 5 minutes

So, yeah. Make it and we play und rate it.

But--
I somehow find flaming specific music genre waaay more offensive, than - let's say - someone calling me a facist or something like that... And I'm - as most Estonians are - with "fat skin" (very very rarely offended by anything)!
Also, I don't give a crap neither about rap or rock*. I have no side here.

Leave the tastes alone, people... No, wait... shut the fuck up.

*2 rap songs, 3 rock songs against 720 trance/house songs in my playlist :D

Babar

Quote from: Queen Kara on Mon 13/06/2005 02:41:14
"I'd say the same for rock. It's all noise and screaming to me."
Huh? You've never heard of Queen and other guys? It's not all screaming and noise. Bohemian Rhapsody , November Rain , Under Pressure , ect. all qualify as Rock , right? There's tons of rock out there that isn't "noise and screaming". I know you stated you were joking afterwards but I'm just saying.
I'm a music fanatic , especially a rock lover so if I seem a little touchy about it that's why. Heh.
( I love just about anything and everything except for rap and country ...so you might catch me listening to Deep Forest one minute and Cake the next )
Hey Queen. It was a joke. I didn't mean it. It was something akin to the statement "All rap sucks", somewhere up there. I realise there is a lot of good rock. I love it! As well as rap. I just find it silly that everyone has to divide up into camps with "I'm only a rap lover" or "I'm a pure rock fanatic". There is a lot of great stuff in both, as well as every other genre of music, and it's missing out on a lot to generalise by saying "Oh, this whole genre of music sucks".
Whew....that's far enough off-topic though. Someone should make a thread about this in general so as all these strong feelings can be aired.

Proximity, if you want, I can help with some rapping rhymes. Not that I know turkish, but I can help with something new.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

=The=Brat=

i like all music. i like rock a lot because for the past 9 years i have woken up to my 17 year old brothers playing SOAD, KORN etc.

can somebody please get back to the origanal topic!

PsychicHeart

Where is Rapster 1 then? Did you put it up for download?
Formerly known as Flukeblake, Flukezy etc.

proximity

if you like to see Rapstar 1, you can download it from here:
   http://rapidshare.de/files/1153453/Rapstar.zip.html
You won't understand the language, so i am giving walkthrough:
When demo finish, take the camera from table.Exit home and give camera to guy with brown coat (in the street). He will tell you how to make a fake certificate to join rapbattles. Go to bookstore and talk to the guy.Look at your inv. You will see pink carton.Use your pencil on carton.Use picture on written carton.Than give it to guy with brown coat. He will push a seal it and give back to you. Now you can join the battles but you can't win and paradox will occur.in order to win battles you must get microphone from red t-short guy. To beat him,follow this order:
"sen ise gozumde..........."
"mumya gibisin........."
if you choose these options you will beat him and he will give you silver microphone. Now you can join and win battles.But if you want to have more scores, use silver mic on him and if you can beat him you will get golden mic. if you lose you will lose silver mic. i dont want to tell how you can get golden mic. if you play and stuck there PM me and i will help. Anyway, even with silver mic. you can win rap battles. Go to Rapstar building.Show your certificate to bodyguard. Once you are in, it's kind of ending sequence. Enjoy, watch the battles :)

i just gave the link you to have an idea what Rapstar 1 look like. wish i could translate it to English  :(
Proximity Entertainment

Queen Kara

Sorry for getting off topic.
Klaatu Verata Niktu?

proximity

Quote from: Queen Kara on Mon 13/06/2005 02:41:14

If I was rap fan I'd help you with the English rhymes since I consider myself pretty good at that... Good luck and best wishs!

Rap music is very attractive. You can lose yourself in lyrics
Proximity Entertainment

Darth Mandarb

Okay, for clarity.

Rap that is mainstream these days sucks.  I love the 'sound' of rap.  The beats, the tempo, etc.  The lyrics are shit.

On the whole I dislike rap greatly.  It's a personal preference.  It's gone almost entirely "gansta" rap which is negative, derogatory, and generally worthless.  This is, of course, just my opinion.

Quote from: proximity on Tue 14/06/2005 14:26:25Rap music is very attractive. You can lose yourself in lyrics

** snickers **

I know I just go to a special place when I hear the verse, "I love bitches, thug bitches, shy bitches, rough bitches, don't matter you my bitches" from the cleverly titled JayZ song "Who you Wit II"

It's really sad that kids (of ANY color) look up to a man like that.  Pathetic really.

Okay ...

NEWSFLASH

From this post on any off-topic posts will simply be deleted.  Comment on the game, not on (c)Rap noise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk