Trip on this. A moving thread.

Started by , Mon 02/02/2004 22:45:53

Previous topic - Next topic

m0ds

Okay, so I've just had a spurt of pure brilliance. In fact no, I'm just dead bored and was thinking of something to do on the forum. And I was thinking, why not have one thread that, you have to follow? A thread that you don't even want to displace because it's interesting.

But, to add to the confusion (and this is the best part, but probably the part that will create chaos) is that the thread moves forums. It could be in hints and tips. It could be in Beginners tech.

Why the moving forums thing? Well, why not? It's different, isn't it?

So what should the thread include. I mean, we could all reply "is my avatar on" but that's crap. That's not something that's going to want to hunt down the thread and add to it. My initial thoughts were that, it's merely a diary, where we post one thread a day which is a summary of that day. The reply needn't be lengthy nor need it be short, and no-one need reply daily. One entry by the time it reaches page 20 and dissipates is still as valid. No imitations of this thread. No prank, crap immature one liners. Just a thread where, if you bump into it, you can reply to it.

So that's my thought of the moment, about two thousand and sixty moments ago, NOW, explain to me why it won't work.

Meowster

m0ds

Well perhaps the topic could be adventure game development? I was toying with ideas! TOYS.

Meowster

LordHart

OsUltimos Journal: Entry #1

I am tired as all hell, stayed up watching Black Sheep on TV last night and woke up at 4 in the morning...

Saw one of my friends little brothers yesterday, and I remembered one thing he said once and made fun of him for it. We were talking about having one wish and I said I wanted a bag of never ending money, and he said he wanted a gold-plated wheelchair... he doesn't need one, but thats what he wants if he has one wish... odd. :P

Domino

Well, worked my normal 8:30-5 shift. Then after work, put 15 dollars worth of gas into my car, then went home and did a load of laundry. Now i'm sitting here in front of the computer and watching Cops on FX. Just waiting for the next day to arrive, so i can start my boring life all over again.

BG

DragonRose

A day in the life of Dragonrose:

A horrid cough that has been sticking with me since New Years continued to plague me today.  Happy Monthiversary, you stupid cough!

I worked on an essay about the use of asides in Beowulf today, and I'm quite pleased with myself.  I got two pages written, and have a really good thesis.  

I also discovered a passage that connects the building that I have one of my tutorials in to the complex that all my other classes are in.  I never have to go outside again!

I got my sister to agree to go see my current favouite band Enter the Haggis with me this weekend.

Life is good.
Sssshhhh!!! No sex please, we're British!!- Pumaman

ScottDoom

*trips*

*cries*

Over the weekend I went out with this girl and we saw The Butterfly Effect. It's a really good movie, but extremely freaky.

I also made $170 in 11 hours of work.

Right now I'm working on a small game for the February MAGS Competition, while listening to Subway to Sally.

LordHart

OsUltimos Journal: Entry #2

I recieved a phone call from a friend a little while ago, and he told me a guys wants to fight me. Apparently I was talking to his girlfriend at the local pub a few nights ago, and thought I was coming onto her, even though me and her had been friends for a few years, and I hadn't seen her for a while...

He's not even as big as me, and he is pretty dumb too. It's pretty sad...

Matt Brown

word up

TheYak

Ah, why the hell not...  

Stormy weather here in San Francisco (at least by California, US standards).  Arrived at work, spent about an hour putting fences back up.  Now relaxing for the next 10 hours of my shift.  I'll keep busy though, signed up for a correspondence art course.  It'll be paid for by the US Government.  You see, they've decided for the 8th year in a row that they accidentally took way too much money from me so they'll give it back now (sans interest, of course).  

Planning on popping in and out of the forums quite a lot, as well as dropping by #AGS a time or two.  Then, I finish the last day of my work week and will be avoiding the PC as much as possible.

Just got a call from my sister.  She's been in Florida for 6 months and (surprise!) she hates it.  Got an e-mail from a fellow ex-marine friend.. he's been in Florida for almost 2 years and (surprise!) he hates it.  So, I'll take this time to offer my condolences to all AGS Floridians.  I know from experience the pain you go through daily.  You see, I lived in Florida and (surprise!) I hated it.  ;D

Timosity

Been lots of thunderstorms lately, nearly every day, usually late in the afternoon to cool things off, but the other day there was a really close strike, luckily I had unplugged the computer & TV but I had left the cable modem plugged in.

I later attempted to turn on the computer, the lights came on but it didn't even reach the boot screen, I thought Fuck I hope my motherboard is OK I only got it on Xmas.

I have 2 network cards in my machine, one for a local network and one connected to the cable modem. One of the network cards is built into the motherboard and the other is a seperate card. Luckily the seperate card was hooked up to the cable modem because it was the culprit. I had a spare network card and it was all sweet.

Let that be a lesson to you all about electrical storms, unplug all electrical appliances you still want working after the storm, including the cable modem cable from the wall.
Note: It's no good just switching off the switch, a power surge will still pass through all outlets and destroy what they're connected to.

Also Saturday week ago there were thunderstorms all day but little rain, and as I play cricket on saturdays we were playing all day with thunder and lightning coming from all directions (sometimes quite close) and we still played just assuming everything would be OK. Well we won and survived. That night on the news I heard some guy in another match just down the coast was struck and killed while batting & apparently it didn't look too stormy. I still think we were idiots to stay out there, but we did really need that win.

We did it for Hookesey (David Hookes) Played Cricket for Australia in the 70's & 80's and died a couple of weeks ago after being struck by a bouncer outside a pub after celebrating a win, he was the coach of the Victorian state side in Australia. It was huge headlining news over here. RIP

Squinky

MMmm,

Went to work today in the jail I work in and didn't have too bad of a time...Worked 8 hrs and now I get to sleep about 4 hrs and go work another 8...

I tried planning my 2 week vacation and I can't really take it the way I want because were short staffed and I'm a supervisor so I guess I get screwed...

But I did get an excellent deal on 2x4 studs this week, I bought 170 of them for $.99 a piece, which will help greatly in reducing costs for me as I build a new room onto my house...

evenwolf

Read my Blog

I went to a master film class today where my friend Carolyn told stories about how Peter O'Toole and Omar Sharif were arrested before their premiere of Lawrence of Arabia with comedian Lenny Bruce.  Apparently one of them answered the door while a syringe was hanging out of his arm.  At the door was the police.  Then I headed to my film club and played an episode of Mr Show (The Return of the Curse of the Creature's Ghost) before the meeting.  Next week the club is splitting up and we'll all be filming with in camera editing.  Should be fun.  After the meeting I went to a music show that was pretty freaking awesome- but was awkward because I was two feet away from the lead singer.  I didn't know if it was polite to stare at him, or look to the side, or close my eyes or what.  Man... awkward..  

and I don't have a blog, sorry for making you wave your little cursor over that  text.  You were so going to click, weren't you?
"I drink a thousand shipwrecks.'"

Femme Stab Mode >:D

Stalker journal:
I am working on an rm2k3 RPG, and as soon as I finish with it, I am going to go on to a more complex engine, Sphere.  I am learning C++ all by myself too because I'm bored.My AGS gmaes are coming along slowly.
The weather yesterday was 37 C and not a cloud in the sky, but today it's 18 C and rainy. It's depressing.
I'm planning on going shoping tomorow, and I've got a ticket to my fav band's concert, it's on friday and I have yet to work out how I'm getting there and what I will be wearing.  The monster in my dungeon is getting restless, as if I didn't feed it enough innocent virgins.
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

Mr Jake

sorry, couldn't resist
Femme, you keep M0ds in your basement??

Will Edit this and put a diary at the end of today

EDIT: I lied, so sue meh

shbaz

The other day, I was talking to a girl with the nickname GodsXgirlfriend, and I thought it was a little funny:

Quoteshbazjinkens: i was talking to god a couple of hours ago and he told me to tell you, "I want my TV back, bitch."
GodsXGirlfriend: well you can tell him to come and get it his damn self

And also, my bud Mallory is always fun to talk to:

Quotethat annie dog: YES I DONT DO THAT NORMALLY
shbazjinkens: yes well how often are you normal
that annie dog: all the time
that annie dog: cept for that one time
shbazjinkens: pretty optimistic for someone who pissed their pants
that annie dog: yeah

Quotethat annie dog: if you come scratch my back i will give you a quarter
shbazjinkens: if i go scratch your back you will give me a LOT more than a quarter
shbazjinkens: i don't contract STDs for cheap
that annie dog: how much
that annie dog: I HAVE NO STDS YOU JERK
Once I killed a man. His name was Mario, I think. His brother Luigi was upset at first, but adamant to continue on the adventure that they started together.

Meowster

Journal entry #1:

Emailed a cow, today.

DragonRose

Yufster: As in you sent an e-mail to a cow, or as in you sent a cow to someone over e-mail?

Another day in my life.
I accidently got a guy I know interested in AGS.  We were talking about computer games, and I mentioned that I was making one with AGS.  He got the website from me today. Nifty.

I had an 8:30 class this morning, which I barely got to on time.  When it ended, I went back to my res and slept for three hours, then was almost late for my 12:30 class.  Gotta love trying to think while still half asleep.

I might write more later.  The day is still young.
Sssshhhh!!! No sex please, we're British!!- Pumaman

Meowster

Journal Entry: The Next One

9.45pm - Custard keeps going lumpy.
9.46pm - Ow
9.50pm - m0ds asks if Indiana Jones really existed. He is being serious.
9.51pm - m0ds cries.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk