Trip on this. A moving thread.

Started by , Mon 02/02/2004 22:45:53

Previous topic - Next topic

lo_res_man

I started a  successful thread and MOST people were rather mature when responding. As well I may get a job working with computers and disabled people. I will be working in a kitchen tomorrow, making lunch for 60 people.
†Å"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge.†
The Restroom Wall

m0ds

I have no girlfriend now.
Someone I once knew comitted suicide.
A friend might have cancer.

This thread is cursed, I'm moving it!

LimpingFish

I have had a weird lower back pain for the last two days now.
I bought a portable dvd player.

The two may or may not be connected.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Domino

Hello again my favorite thread.  :) My dad and stepmother and their new dog toby packed up and went back to Florida for the winter months. My dad who is retired moved to Florida last year, and came back to live here for the summer, and now has left after a couple of months. I am sad. I watched my dad pack up the RV and head out on the open road. I'm gonna miss him until he returns next May or June.  :'(

edit: glad this thread is moving again.

Akumayo

Akumayo Journal Entry #1

Man, wish I had seen this thing before, neat!

Had a weird dream a few nights ago.  SSH, you were in it, sorry.  I dreampt that a new kid moved to my school, and after chatting and getting to know him for a while, I mentioned AGS, and he said he was really into it, and it turned out that he was the mighty SSH!  Then I was shunned for being the lesser of the AGS'ers at my school...

Anyhow, now off to digitally record more poetry and type up my petition to get a break added before lunch, fight the system legally, and get the best results I say.  (A little under the table never hurts though, I get a few teacher signatures now and then.)

-Regards, Akumayo
"Power is not a means - it is an end."

monkey0506

I've never encountered this thread.

I'm also quite tired.

Burning AVI files to CD is giving me hell and I don't know why...but every time I attempt it the AVI ends up corrupted. In the best-case scenario I got a few seconds of video to play before the video would just spontaneously stop. Windows Media Player continued to play the audio though...

Hmm...that's funny. It says in the address bar "num_replies=124". I've never noticed that before...so...is that actually the number of replies to this thread thus far?

Ah well. It's just after two in the morning here. I'd really like to go to sleep...except I'm trying desperately to get this AVI put on a CD. It's all I need on the CD is just one AVI...one 15 minute AVI. It's for a joke-present for a friend's birthday, so I'm willing to sacrifice the CD...if I can ever get the file properly burnt... :-\

Today I worked on my MI template and I'm happy with the changes I've made. I just wish I knew how to get rid of the bugs. The CD is done burning (again...thank goodness for CD-RWs). Let's see if it worked. DAMMIT! Hell...something is very very wrong with my computer. No matter what I do...no matter how I try to save this file...it gets corrupted EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I burn it to a disk. I saved it to a CD image file and it worked fine. But if I actually burn it onto a disk it gets corrupted. Even if I compress it first. DAMN!!!

I'm going to bed. (Now that I'm pissed again...)

Domino

Hello everyone. Well, i am on day 12 of my Lexapro (antidepressant and anti anxiety med). I can't tell if it is working or not. I felt good for the first couple of days, and then the side effects kicked in.

I have also had some beers during that 12 day period, and hope the meds still work even though i mixed it with alcohol. It may take up to 4 to 6 weeks to get into my system, but i'm hopeful that in a few weeks i can shake off this damn depression that i have had the last 6 years.

I want to be the old me, who enjoyed life and had no depression or anxiety.

Wish me luck,
Shawn

monkey0506

Hey Shawn...crap about t3h depression!...but I've been there. I know how much it sucks.

But...do us all a favor...DON'T DIE!. That's really the best advice anyone ever gave me. And...well...in a sense...it kindof happened while I was making an attempt on my life....but...it made me stop. And...I'm...different now. I wouldn't say "better" because...well...I'm kinda pissed...but...I tend to enjoy the good times a lot more than I used to (when I was sad).

Tiki

Today I discovered that I can do accurate Muppet impersonations.

My repertoires includes Kermit, Gonzo (though it kinda hurts), Sam the Eagle, Statler and Waldorf, and the Swedish Chef.  Miss Piggy and Fonzy Fozzy are showing potential.

If that's not cool, I don't know what is.

Erenan

Today I started drawing again after years of... not drawing...
The Bunker

vict0r

My girlfriend said that she loves me, for the first time today! :)

ManicMatt

Was that what the message said Vict0r?

Anywhos.. NICE ONE MATE!  ;D

monkey0506

Tiki...most of the Muppets were voiced by the same person. :P

Yay love!

Janik

Hang on... is this thread about moving, like changing houses? Or what?
Play pen and paper D&D? Then try DM Genie - software for Dungeons and Dragons!

Coolio

Quote from: Janik on Sat 23/09/2006 07:31:22Hang on... is this thread about moving, like changing houses? Or what?

The thread is 'moving' in that it moves to different sections of the forum.
It's basically a diary of sorts where you can just post things that happen to you.
So by that definition it could be about changing house if that's what you wanted to post.

Edit: So for example I could post that I just found out that I am teh awesomness := := :=
mmmmm... sparkly

Andail

Just to prevent this thread from being another simple chat-outlet I recommend the following standard:
1. All posts must start with "today"
2. Posts must be personal and diary-shaped, no "lol @ post above"
3. No birthday greetings or other stuff that can be covered in other threads

carry on :)

monkey0506

Today I read Andail's post in this moving thread thingy. It's also been moved to the Tech Forum...which is quite a funny place for it to be.

However, Andail's post makes me curious. Do these new rules mean that you cannot respond to previous posts? Or you must simply post something regarding to the topic of the thread in addition to any responses? So many questions...

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Today I've decided to check this thread out, and wondered whether I should reply or not. I decided to do it, but not to make a habit of it, as I can just as well make a blog if I want stuff like that, which I don't.

But while I'm at it, I thought I might as well plug myself. := Got 4 scheduled "auditions" (if that's the right word - not a recital, because it's not pro and because we only get to sing max a couple of songs each) for the next 3 months, with the cultural association in which I'm learning singing. That's 2 auditions of musical songs, 1 of opera and 1 of oratoria. Damn, I'm glad!
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Sylvr

Today.
;D
Well, this is an amusing thread. Odd that it's allowed, considering all the strict rules around here. Oh well, a little fun never hurt. Now for the real stuff. Today I hope to find out why my game folder isn't co-operating. Today my grandparents are coming over. Today my monitor turned back to normal after I slapped it bumped the computer table.  :)
| Ben304: "Peeing is a beautiful thing, Sylvr" |

LimpingFish

Today Javascript is upsetting me. :(

And a sense of total paranoia seems to be bubbling under my everyday life. :-\

Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk