Trip on this. A moving thread.

Started by , Mon 02/02/2004 22:45:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Stupot

Hi MT.
I've got a Job interview today.
At the Odeon.   Only part-time but imagine how cool that is going to be.
Free tickets.  I still haven't seen Resident Evil 3 and Saw IV is coming out soon (actually Today I think), so it's a good time of year to get a job at the Odeon.

Wish me luck.

-Stu

Sylvr

Today I got another package.
This one was different, there was no return address. Just my name on it. A lot. It was also quite large. 21" cubed. (Large enough for me, okay?  :P)
There was no ticking, so I knew it was okay. With trepidation I opened the package...

Inside was all manner of random things. Two giant pens, a door hanger, something wrapped in foil (which I still haven't opened, it looks questionable), a glowy, lightup stick thing, glow-in-the-dark silly putty, popcorn, m&ms, gummies, a penguin finger puppet that makes 'animal sounds' (tell me how a penguin really sounds like a child laughing ???), an Irish Drinking Favourites CD  :-X ::), and an unmarked DVD...I was suspicious.

My computer can't read DVDs apparently.... so I hijacked roomie's laptop.
Spoiler
hijacked = waited till she woke up and asked nicely
[close]

Turns out it was from my youth group. They made me a DVD cause they love me.
Now I'm super happy cause that was like the best present EVER.  ;D ;D ;D

End of happyrant.

EDIT: Roomie finally convinced me to open the foil. It's cookies. Soft choccy-chip cookies. Mmmmmmm...
| Ben304: "Peeing is a beautiful thing, Sylvr" |

Oliwerko

Back from hospital today, only one small cut, pretty ok looking.
Nothing else much happening. Bought me a new jacket and jeans. Both black. Man, I am only wearing black, why the hell ? No matter, I am going to find me some long army boots, I just love them.

Wish me luck. I don't know why, but just to be sure...

voh

Dear Moving Thread

There's an indication that I may have found a girl who isn't entirely fucked up in the brain for once, and I am thankful for that.

Also, my shoes hurt.

Kind regards,
voh.
Still here.

Sylvr

Quote from: voh on Wed 31/10/2007 15:49:27
... a girl who isn't entirely fucked up in the brain for once...

Oh hey. That's not nice. :(

voh

Quote from: SilverTrumpet on Wed 31/10/2007 15:51:16
Oh hey. That's not nice. :(

History, sadly, shows that it's not untrue either. Maybe it's something in the air here, though.

Obviously, I wasn't referring to anyone other than my crazy exes.
Still here.

Sylvr

Quote from: voh on Wed 31/10/2007 16:09:37
Maybe it's something in the air here, though.

We'd better go with that then lol.

Quote from: voh on Wed 31/10/2007 16:09:37
Obviously, I wasn't referring to anyone other than my crazy exes.

Oh I know, but it sounded quite harsh in general... I'm sure you have your reasons for saying so.

In other words, congratulations!  ;D

voh

Still here.

Stupot

To Whom it may concern.

I got that Odeon gig... but not for another two weeks.
Pretty pleased.  My interview technique seems to have improved a great deal.  I mean I must've been good to get the job seeing as though I commited the cardinal sin.. yes.. I was late for my job interview.

The gal who interviwed me didn't seem to care one bit, and even congratulated me on turning up at all (apparently they get quite a lot of no-show's) and even during the inyterview she was taking the piss out of the questions and even apologised to me for them being so terrible...

For example "What kind of people don't you get along with?"... I could quite easily have said "I fucking hat all people, they're all cunts, especially customers!".. and she would have agreed with me and ticked the box, but instead I blabbered some crap about getting on with everyone because I'm a really nice guy...haha.

Still.  I have a job sorted and it's at the cinema so I'm probably going to enjoy it, and it was the first job I applied for so that's not a bad ratio really is it?

-Your's Sincerely
-Schnewpooort

OneDollar

**Oh hi there, I don't think we've met before. You're the moving thread right? No... no its on your topic name...**

I'm sitting here in the dark lit only by my computer monitor because I don't want trick or treaters calling and my room's at the front of the house. I'm also putting off going back to work on my four week lab project on barcode scanners, no less. Slightly unsure of whether barcode is one or two words, but the real issue is having to track down sources I can use as references to back up knowledge I already have. I occasionally wonder why I'm doing a physics degree rather than a computing one. Well actually its 'Physics With Computing' but that's just a big con - there's no difference to straight physics until the last year when we have to do about two extra modules, don't do a couple of others and get about three more options (and about three we can't pick from).

We had enchiladas for tea which were pretty nice. One of my housemates wanted them but another wanted to buy fajitas instead so the deciding vote was mine. It was made purely because "you can eat enchiladas with a knife and fork" was the best argument either of them could come up with.

Heroes season 1 episode something is on TV in about 50 minutes (me being a poor Brit who doesn't want to download them) so I'd better get on with the report. I only have the experimental method, experiments, discussion and conclusion to finish...

I'm sure we'll meet again,
OneDollar

Both Google and Open Office spellcheckers say its 'bar code'

InCreator

Ah, woke up 15:00. Helped to move in new couch mom bought. Watched latest episode of "Heroes", then went to work. Worked hardcore... for 2 hours - all done, a bus trip back home. Ate and bathed. Told my GF I'm not coming over though we haven't seen for a week already.

4 yo nephew came and said it's Halloween today. Funny, there's no halloween tradition in Estonia, where did he hear this? Must be western influences from TV, it's told in news more and more every year. I won't be surprised if in somewhere during next 10 years, we actually adopt this. I don't give a damn anyway.

National analog, Day of the Mart, is somewhat similar, but doesn't have mean tricks in it, kids just dress funnily, visit people and sing or dance for treats. Sounds friendlier to me, and it's hundreds of years old peasant custom. Originally, I guess, animal skins were worn, like pelt of a bear or wolf or something.

But in modern world of crime, and all these Russians living around me, knocking random door while being dressed in everything that you found from home -- would take you to hospital or police, not promise treats. Especially since many  ignorant ethnic Russians don't know a thing about our local traditions and probably just freak out. Even *though* they were born here and lived here for ages. So, they'd probably give tHreats, not candy.

Just lit a cigarette. It's 22:40. Everybody went to sleep.
A long lonely night is ahead. How will I spend this?

Todo list: check my ISP's ftp for some new pirated stuff, find something amusing on youtube, P2P some cartoons, South Park maybe? Draw something. Make coffee. If I'd turn volume down to as low as possible, I could watch tv, thats' what the TV-card is for, right? Pity that this stupid thing can't play sound through USB headset... How can something be so incompatible?

Or maybe I should listen to music or try to make some? Kind of pointless idea, I'm out of creativity currently anyway, so I should do something more useful, like study.

Naah...

Domino

My car is leaking coolant once again.  Now, every morning i have to open the radiator cap to make sure there is enough coolant in there.

I have had my car for 6 years now, and have saved some money to buy another vehicle, but my dad is holding it for me and he lives in Florida during the winter months, so that means no new car until next summer.

I would also like to purchase a nice LCD television in the future to replace my standard 27 inch Samsung TV that i bought back in 1999.

It really doesn't do any justice to the current gen games i am playing. Text is very blurry.

I have to stop wasting money and save for these important things, like getting my car fixed and a new television.

I deserve that at least.

Stupot

InCreator

lol. I never wrote anything.
Sometimes dreamt about it, but I'm both too shy and cowardly to try this.
Have an idea for a stressing and painful story, though.

Oliwerko

Hi again,

woke up early this morning, dont know why. I am probably going to spend all my next week holiday alone (as always)  home or wandering in the nearby forest.
The crush went horribly wrong, the girl is not even interested in chatting.
Poor me. Since I am a non-drinker, alcohol is not my solution.
So I gotta just silently listen to things messing up.

Shit.

voh

Dear Moving Thread,

I am going to the coffeehouse now to write for NaNoWriMo.

Cross your threads for me.

Kind regards,
your voh.
Still here.

Sylvr

The most random thing just happened. I don't know what to make of it. My cousin's girlfriend just called me. 1) We never interact. Not that I hate her or anything, we just don't. Possibly had something to do with the fact that before I moved for school I was two hours away. 2) She invited me to come to karaoke with her and my cousin. :|!

Sooooo random. I've never gone karaoke-ing, this will be quite the new thing. The randomnosity of it all is killing me.

Sparky

Dear MT,
Today I am happy because my cat is living with me again. He was at my parents' house for a few months, and I missed him. Here's a photo of him as a kitten: http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/1599/squeaky1ze2.jpg

Haddas

Today I changed the tires. It was not fun. I guess it could've been worse. At least dad was helping me with it, so it went pretty quickly. No record-breaking times, but not the slowest in the world either.

Sylvr

Today I go dress shopping for upcoming semiformal at the rez. The potentially awkward part is that my grandmother is buying it (yay free clothing!), and my aunt's gonna be there. And possibly my cousin's girlfriend haha.

Oh, and karaoke went fantastically. I didn't sing, but other equally amusing things occured.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk