Download GARFIELD today!!

Started by Kairus, Tue 03/02/2004 02:32:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Kairus

More than two years of discontinuous development have brought me here, now, re-launching this project. In fact, I have been mading this game for so long that probably most of you have already forgotten it, and there are so many new members in this forums that I think it's worth posting about this again. I also haven't ever posted in this AGS Games in Production forum.

Well.. the subject says it all... GARFIELD: Attack of the mutant lasagna
The adventure game featuring everyone's favourite cat! :)

There are news about this game, that is, it is completed, but I won't release it yet. All graphics are done, music needs a couple of days but is almost completed. The point is I'm using v2.6 of AGS now so I'm remaking the game in this new version that has some features with which some things can be scripted better.

I'd like to show you some screenshots about the game that aren't in the demo and weren't published until today. Here we go:

For more info, more screenshots and a demo download please visit my website: System Error

The game currently has 50 rooms, 39 of them are playable, there are 29 characters, 43 inventory items and a lot of animations!

Ok, finally, I wanted to point out I'm trying to find a new server to host my site, as I see the one I use now will probably not be enough to upload the whole game. Do you now what good server could I use?

So... comments... feedback... post here, please. :)

EDIT: It's finished, go to the completed games announcements forums if you want to download it. <-- of course! why wouldn't you? :)
Download Garfield today!

DOWNLOADINFOWEBSITE

Migs

This game looks AWESOME!  I can't wait for it to be finished!
This signature intentionally left blank.

Timosity

Yeah I remember playing this long ago and I could never finish it cause there was a bug in the gui or something that when I moved the mouse over it and off it the game crashed, I'm pretty sure I asked about it in the other thread, and I can't remember the technique I used to make it crash as it was long ago,

but anyway, I'm glad to see you've been re-enthused to continue the project. Good luck

Gregjazz

Garfield and The Attack of the Mutant Lasagna. I've been waiting for this game all of my life! (to be read in a biker voice)

[Cameron]

Dude the movie will be out soon, so make the game quick and cash in.

Czar

hey, i get the comic daily from ucomics, so now it'll be a bigger experience.
Btw, what movie, i know i heard something about that....
Btw, just wanted to make an observation. Aren't Garfield's legs/foots bigger. I mean, now he looks 20 kg less, he he. But don't worry, I don't mind.
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

Kairus

Thanks for your comments, people.

Timosity: I don't know what could have happened to you with the GUI, but I know I messed with a lot of scripting when I made the GUI, it even used the text parser functions somewhere to get some effect for the inventory objects (you didn't have to use the parser, but the script used it for something else). That's one of the reasons I'm remaking it in AGS 2.6 as it's better to make some of those tricky script parts.

Czar: There have been a lot of Garfields as Jim Davis' drawing evolved, the first ones were too fat and almost seemed square, the last ones seem to be too thin. I chose some intermediate Garfield version... late 80s or early 90s that I thought suited best. I hope it's fine to you. :)
Download Garfield today!

DOWNLOADINFOWEBSITE

Czar

Well, Kairus, i think i'll let you go this time ;). Anyway, yeah, the first ones were really fat, he he but the wittiness was there from the beggining :)
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

jannar85

I am SO looking farward to this game! :D
I've waited two f*cking years!

Holy shit!
It was about time!
Veteran, writer... with loads of unreleased games. Work in progress.

[Cameron]

Check www.liquidgeneration.com then got to trailer park section and there will be a trailer for the garfeild movie.

Kweepa

Noooo!
The cartoon quality took a nosedive round about when Garfield started walking on his hind legs.

Looks nice though.
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Kairus

You may be right, Steve, but I don't think walking in four legs would've made the game look nicer. It just didn't fit the style... it needed a humanoid character.

I had no idea they were making a Garfield movie. I hope the plot is not the same!!! :P
I'll probably look at the trailer later.

Have you tried the demo? syserror.8bit.co.uk/gdemo100.exe
Sorry for the Windows installer, I've had some complaints about it, I think I'll use a self-extractor next time.
Download Garfield today!

DOWNLOADINFOWEBSITE

Wormmaster

I'm waiting...
I...
I can't wait!
I'm coming crazy!
ARGH!!!!
Ah...
I feel better!
So...
Good idea!

Pet Terry

It's about time you finish this, I've been waiting this one for, what two years?

So, coolbungies to that :)
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Kinoko

I love Garfield, so I'm forward to this one too ^^ Odie looks GREAT.

Ytterbium

I've never heard of this before, but I'm definitely looking forward to it now.

Currently in production: Septigon

Joseph DiPerla

I still remember this game!!!

I was waiting for this!!!

If you need a website to host it on, I can give you space. Please PM me. Besides untill my modem works better, I cant upload anything that I own.

But I can try and setup an account for you.

PM me and we can talk.

JD
Joseph DiPerla--- http://www.adventurestockpile.com
Play my Star Wars MMORPG: http://sw-bfs.com
See my Fiverr page for translation and other services: https://www.fiverr.com/josephdiperla
Google Plus Adventure Community: https://plus.google.com/communities/116504865864458899575

Kairus

The game's finished!
Check it out in this thread.
Download Garfield today!

DOWNLOADINFOWEBSITE

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk