TCN Awards: The results

Started by Trumgottist, Sun 08/02/2004 00:30:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Trumgottist

Voting is closed, and the first results are revealed!

Pumaman

Thanks for keeping us up to date :)

The TCN awards are a good way to see how AGS games are stacking up against other amateur adventures made last year, so check them out people :)

Privateer Puddin'

http://trumgottist.com/crowsnest/ just incase people dont know it, or too lazy to look in his profile

I'm enjoying seeing how close the votes are for each awards :D

Trumgottist

QuoteThe TCN awards are a good way to see how AGS games are stacking up against other amateur adventures made last year

Sure, but I don't see the point in separating games by engines. One of the reasons for TCN to exist is to bridge the gap between the different engines. Why should it matter that I use Sludge for my game while you use AGS, as long as we are making good games? The player doesn't care, or at least he/she has no reason to care. It has been proved that both AGS, AGAST and Sludge are capable of creating good, technically solid games.

Quote from: Privateer Puddin' on Sun 08/02/2004 20:17:47
http://trumgottist.com/crowsnest/ just incase people dont know it, or too lazy to look in his profile
Or doesn't notice my sig... ::)

QuoteI'm enjoying seeing how close the votes are for each awards :D
Later, I'll show the complete statistics. There is a bigger spread lower down on the list.

And in case you haven't seen it yet - the Best Story results are now up...

Privateer Puddin'

i tend to ignore sigs now a days ;)

Pumaman

Quote from: Trumgottist on Sun 08/02/2004 21:35:20
Sure, but I don't see the point in separating games by engines.

Oh, of course it doesn't matter which engine a game was written with - I'm just highlighting that there is a difference between the AGS Awards and the TCN Awards, and that people should take the time to check them both out.

Squinky

It is a little frustrating that only one award is announced per day....But, good stuff. Congratulations to the Winners...

Kweepa

Best Graphics:
1. Apprentice
2. The Breakdown
3. III Spy

No surprises that Apprentice won.
III Spy third? Amazing! We the RON authors thank the voting public!
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Meowster

YAY for Uncertainty Machine!!!!

Vel

Yes! YAY for tUM! It should have got some AGS awards also imHo. I mean, come one, it was the longest game of 2003, and it got none from 17 categories...

Privateer Puddin'

since when did long equal good? :P

(but i do agree, bloody good and deserved something from the awards)

Vel

I could have said "the best", but then would be coutless disputes to oppose me.

Meowster

Vel has unusual ideas of what makes a game good.

Vel

"What makes a game good"by Vel
In my opinion, the most important thing is the plot. I play adventure games as to see an interesting movie, just with the feeling that I am in there. Another very important thing is the music and sound - it can enhance the atmosphere and stuff. Graphics also mater, though not as much as the components above. They have to be as good as you can make, not hurting your eyes *coughlarryvalescough*. The least important thing for me are the puzzles. We do not play adventures for the puzzles, if we did, we would have played pandora's box and such games. HOWEVER, I hate illogical puzzles or tons of puzzles - I cant decide which to solve first.

Meowster

I was thinking more about that article in AGSzine. The one where you made an asshole of yourself again covered tricks and cheats to lengthen your game. Like for example, Pixel-Hunting and Non-Skippable Text.

But that was then. I guess everybody is allowed to change their mind. Like, for instance, how I change my mind yesterday.

Vel

Speaking of ezines, does anyone know where scotch is?

Meowster

No, but I hate you. Does that count in any way?

MrColossal

was that necessary at all?
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

ratracer

... in the meantime, thank you voters and players of TUM... and thanks Vel and Psychonaut for the Yay's...

Dave Gilbert

Wow.  BoE won second place for music.  The credit, of course, goes completely to Archangel.  Cheers, dude!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk