I Love Vel - The Vel Love Thread

Started by Migs, Wed 11/02/2004 20:16:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Migs

He's a smart guy (he knows every capitol in the world!), and he makes the AGS E-Zine, a valuable resource for AGS gamers.
This signature intentionally left blank.

Vel

That sounds somehow unbelievably optimistic ¬_¬

m0ds

That's a crap reply. I'm not posting in this sh*t thread.

;) howzat Migs?

Meowster

He's so homophobic it's charming!

*forced grin*

m0ds

What we need is like, a page telling us how cool we are.

TheYak

I love Vel too.  I had this dream the other night where Vel was in class, calmly explaining to the teacher how to make his lesson better.  I walked up to him and calmly started humping his head.  Vel was so cool about it, he just kept on talking to the teacher with only the occasional look of annoyance on his features.  I made sweet, sweet love to Vel's ear.  I love Vel.

Femme Stab Mode >:D

Yeah, his spam is lovely, his giant ego is giant and is penis is petite.
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

LordHart

I never thought i'd see it... but theres alot of ice and snow here, and the devil is wearing a really thick jumper.

BOYD1981

Quote from: Os Último Quão Queijo ^_^ on Thu 12/02/2004 01:39:19
I never thought i'd see it... but theres alot of ice and snow here, and the devil is wearing a really thick jumper.

you better watch out for all that airborn pig number 2s too

Limey Lizard, Waste Wizard!
01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

Layabout

This thread is retarded. Why the hell would anyone like Vel? He's a little Twat! His mum agrees with me. She told me last night!!! :P
I am Jean-Pierre.

Babar

Why do so many people hate Vel so much? When found these forums everyone treated him reasonably normally, but then something changed and I missed it. Most of his posts are reasonable and I am sure there are a lot of other more aggravating posts. I am not trying to defend him for whatever he did.... I am just curious.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Femme Stab Mode >:D

Ever been on the #ags channel on IRC?

The bastard spams, his ego is of such size you would think it devour the world if it was given the opportunity,  he pimps his games so much it's sickening, if he actually put more effort into his games instead of trolling on IRC they would be good. His poor judgement ruins him.
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

BOYD1981

Limey Lizard, Waste Wizard!
01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

Andail_unplugged

what kind of kindergarten thread is this anyway...stop blowing things out of proportions for god's sakes

Gestapo, do something!

Captain Mostly

I once got in great sheds of trouble, simply for making a joke about someone wearing girly pants.

The posts on THIS thread are shameful. There's PLEANTY of people *I* don't like, but I recognise when it's NOT ACCEPTABLE to just lay into people like this.

disgraceful.

Vel

I doubt you've seen my penis femme. However, your outer appearance ain't thrilling.
In my defence:
I make games. Just like everyone here. For WWtLF, I worked about 4 hours every day during 3 months, and I can say that Petteri worked no less. I doubt that anyone here who puts such effort into his games does not want people to play them. All I did on #ags was asking people whether they have played my game and told them it was released. To thee who said I was homophobic, I will say that I have exactly 7 friends. But they would follow me even to hell. I often tend to meet new people, but hardly anyone meets my expectations of an extrovert. Excuse me that I have rich General knowledge. However, most of the AGSers Ive met are quite smart, which can be explained with the idea of the genre/even layabout and yak who I know that are joking/. now about the ego. Yes, it is enormous. Yes, I have quite expectations, and ambitions of myself. Yes, I know every capital in Europe. Yes I do have objective values. Live with my ego or ignore it - doesn't really matter, does it? And in case someone says something about my mathematics skills, I will say that they are nothing too special- if someone is really keen on meeting a genious matematician at the tender age of 16 just tell me. Finally, about the "I hate gays" thing - i said that I only hate gays with pink hair and girly manners - like saying "Look, I am gay, it's the coolest thing in the world". Other than that, I have nothing against gays - "live and let die", as Paul McCartney said. I think that this pretty much concludes my defence for now.

Layabout

You spelt Paul McCartney wrong.

The only real thing I have against you is your attitude.

That is all.

I am Jean-Pierre.

Vel

well I am sorry if I have insulted anyone, but my expectations of every person these days aren't very high. Thus, I more often have a rather unpleasant attitude to those I do not know and to those who do not have elementary general knowledge.

Ishmael

I know this thead is stupid, I know I have done somehting I shouldn't have done regarding this matter (on irc, I appologize, I've been fooling around (which I shouldn't have done), but haven't made it clear (which I should have done), I think...), and I know this sentance may not make any sense. Still, what comes to my opinion, I don't know.. .thus not many of you wishes to hear about it, I think Vel is just a normal intelligent person (the few I've know have big ego's and expect a lot form others), thus I don't know him very vell... I once had a dream about meeting Vel as he was visiting Finland (don't ask) and in that, he was a nice guy...

So... did I make a enough unreadable post?
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Vel

The first part of your post doesn't make much sense, TK.

Meowster

Hello people, the Vel LOVE Thread.

Love[/b].

Migs

I don't think this is a stupid thread.  It's not stupid to let someone know why you appreciate them and all the hard work they do to improve the community.
This signature intentionally left blank.

Flippy_D

Heh, I love that. TK doesn't slate Vel and then Vel actually attacks him for poor English...  ::)

Meowster

Velislav is awesome!  :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-\ :-* :'(

shbaz

Vel you seem to be referring to general knowledge as the things you are well versed in. I used to think I was smarter than everyone else too, but turned out, I was just surrounded by idiots at the time. Now that I'm in college among intellectuals, I realize my weaknesses. Maybe it's time for you to do the same and stop treating everyone like idiots until they "prove" themselves to you. That's a horrible attitude to have, not making friends is one thing, but you're also making people hate you.
Once I killed a man. His name was Mario, I think. His brother Luigi was upset at first, but adamant to continue on the adventure that they started together.

Meowster

TheYak

Ah, shit, since the thread's still here, may as well contribute a moderately more serious post.  

Vel, you're a very bright guy. The dedication that you show when working on your game, pimping it until nobody wants to play it  :P, and working on the E-Zine, etc., are applause-worthy.  

The ego's fine.  You're smart and know a lot of general schtuff, good for you.  Just stop basing the worth of a person upon their knowledge of banalities that nobody who works for a living gives a shit about.  Oh, and lay off the brocolli, it gives you gas.

LordHart

Quote from: Jackhammer on Thu 12/02/2004 21:07:00Maybe it's time for you to do the same and stop treating everyone like idiots until they "prove" themselves to you.

I tend to find that everyone has their own thing that they excel at. For instance, I know alot of really useless trivia about things like wrestling, rugby league and sports like that. I also have a good imagination and can write stories well, not great, but they do entertain my friends that have seen them.

Vel on the otherhand, he excels at a few things. Being annoying as already stated (i haven't really got a problem with him, beh) and by the looks of it, he seems to finish what he sets out to do. A few games that he's released, the AGezine... and of course, annoying poeple on IRC. :P

shbaz

Quote from: Os Último Quão Queijo ^_^ on Thu 12/02/2004 23:36:50
I tend to find that everyone has their own thing that they excel at.

That's because people will remember and learn more about what interests them personally. The reason I don't know all of the capitols of Europe is because it doesn't really concern me much. I'm interested in electronics, engineering, guitar, and history, so I know alot about those things. People who are really bright just have more of an interest in a broad range of things than other people, which is why they remember that stuff. Sometimes it's not as in depth as others though.
Once I killed a man. His name was Mario, I think. His brother Luigi was upset at first, but adamant to continue on the adventure that they started together.

Harvester

Vel likes Uriah Heep, so he's in my cool book.
None shall pass!

Paranoid Factor

Vel

Sorry TK, but I hardly understood anything from the first paragraph of your post.
And now, about general knowledge. In my opinion, those are things you MUST know in order to be an intelligent person. For example, I think that you should know the capitals of Spain, Poland or Portugal, not those of Butan, Djibuti and Ivory Coast. For history, the thing that is important to know is the history of your country and important facts of those of other. You see, there is difference between general knowledge and further knowledge in a topic. Sorry about my attitude, I don't consider anyone who posted in this topic dumb or stupid(except one person), but I will tell you a real occasion to illustrate my point of view. So, I am talking to the dumbest guy from my class, and I ask him "Do you know who wrote "The three musketeers"? He answered "Well if you hum it I may tell you." I hope you understand my point of view.

Nine Toes

Quote from: Os Último Quão Queijo ^_^ on Thu 12/02/2004 01:39:19

When were you in Wisconsin, Ultimo?  I wish you woulda told me... we coulda gone bar hoppin'!  Hittin' on women, tippin' cows, driving drunk and trying to outrun the cops... it woulda been a blast!

Oh, yeah... that's right.  Me, I personally don't have a problem with Vel.
Watch, I just killed this topic...

Meowster

This is turning into more of a hate thread and should be closed. It's not nice to target people.

Except Mark, but that's alright because everybody loves him anyway.

veryweirdguy

I think there is a difference between intelligence & general knowledge.

Intelligence is if you are a great thinker, can do maths equations, can solve problems easily, are philisopical, etc etc.

General Knowledge is more memory. You could probably teach a parrot to remember the capital of Portugal, but that doesn't make it intelligent.

Look at quiz show contestants or people who always win the pub quiz every Thursday. Sure, they get all the questions right, but I doubt you could have a really stimulating conversation with them (some of them).

I'm not denying that you are intelligent, Vel, I just think there is a difference.

Now, everybody join hands....

When you were young and your heeeaart was an open book
You used to saaaay live & let live
(You know you did you know you did you know you did)....
But something something WUUUUUUURLD in which we live in
Dum dum give it a try
To live & let diiiiiiiie

You guys continue singing, I'm gonna run away & hope you don't notice...

TheYak

I don't think I know the capitals of Spain, Poland, or Portugal.  Hmm.. Spain's Madrid, right? Portugal's Barcelona.. no that's Spain.  Damnation, I know them not without looking it up. I'm the aforementioned dumb one.  

Of course, I could memorize them, thoroughly, so I could quote 'em off the top of my head but really, who gives a fuck?  I'm a pacifist but I've got more chance of making use of my knowledge of firearms & explosives.  I think you're Black & Whiting it too much there Vel.  Perhaps you should state that you prefer the company of intellectuals, those that pursue knowledge for its own sake.

shbaz

I don't know them either Yak. In the eighth grade we memorized every US state and capitol, and every country and capitol, along with major rivers and bodies of water. I obviously never had use for it, or I would still remember. If I need to know a capitol I consult a map. It's not important for me because I'm not a political science or geography major. Right now I'm concentrating in sciences and math.

I do understand what you mean though Vel, I once asked a girl who we fought in the Civil War (the war America had with itself over slavery) and she answered, "Wasn't that Germany?" I just don't think you give those low expectations to everyone.

Minimi

Hmm... Just because someone doesn't have much knowledge of things, doesn't make him/her less intelligent. Intelligence is making the right choices, with the knowledge capacity you have.

Like jackhammer said, if someone is interested in only a few subjects and uses those knowledges in a smart way, then he might be more intelligent than someone that knows alot from everything, but makes all the wrong choices. Like some freak that does not have any friends and such....

Vel, I know it's your age that you react like this, but cmon your only 15 years old! I'm sure you'll think very differently about things when you start to grow up. Now go back to your toys!! I love you!  :-*

Vel

Ok, here's Vel Intelligence theory:
In my opinion, the thing we call intelligence consists of thee components:
1. Natural intelligence
2. General Knowledge
3. Further Knowledge in certain areas the person is interested in.
Pretty self explanitory.

SSH

Quote from: Minimi on Fri 13/02/2004 15:35:02
Vel, I know it's your age that you react like this, but cmon your only 15 years old! I'm sure you'll think very differently about things when you start to grow up. Now go back to your toys!! I love you!  :-*

says the 17-year-old  ::)

If I ever get a captial question in Who Wants to be a Millionaire? it will be Vel that I phone...

Captain Mostly

I don't know my capitols, but at least I have the decency to be embarassed by it.

I ALSO have a very weak grasp of global geography, because when I was going through school, they'd decided that this sort fo thing didn't need to be taught any more. WTF?!?!?!

I bought myself a world map poster only a little while ago, and spent a lot of time looking at it, hoping to diffuse the information into my brain. Then I took it home and left it at my parents' house by accident. But at least now I can just about tell you where lichtenstien is (although I probably can't spell it!)

Squinky

I myself have no idea about geography and even anything beyond general history knowledge. I suck at math and probably a bunch of other things too.

But when I tested in high school, I recieved over 95% for my state in everything except math. I've also scored quite high on Iq tests (yes, I know there not really a good indication of intellegence)

My point, is not to brag it up, as I know everyone here are at least as smart as me if not more. My point is that I suck at all those things you mentioned, but still, somehow manage to wipe my ass properly....

Vel

Do you know the Capital of Lichtenstein?
Spoiler

Its Vaduz
[close]

Trapezoid

Here's a thought. I think schools spend too much time teaching kids this sort of thing. Most of them never have a use for most of the things they learn and will forget it all afterwards. And then after they're out of school, most don't have a clue how to run their own lives.
The average person will never need to know the periodic table of elements, or the capitals of countries they'll never visit. So there's hours and hours wasted learning specialized things. Later on in life, they'll still need their parents' help to do their taxes.

Meowster

foz

...........................all this hate and i`m not involved in any way...............

It seems that vel is the common link between all the rants and hatred.....

.....I think he`s just missunderstood........

....I  have grown to love the guy...........in a strange way....(not gay love though)..

Laters

fOz ...

Totoro

Kiss Kiss Kiss, happy Valentine Vel  :D

shbaz

Quote from: Trapezoid on Fri 13/02/2004 17:12:13
Here's a thought. I think schools spend too much time teaching kids this sort of thing. Most of them never have a use for most of the things they learn and will forget it all afterwards. And then after they're out of school, most don't have a clue how to run their own lives.
The average person will never need to know the periodic table of elements, or the capitals of countries they'll never visit. So there's hours and hours wasted learning specialized things. Later on in life, they'll still need their parents' help to do their taxes.

Yeah, and then the people who want to get into a career that involves deep thinking go to college and flunk out because they don't know anything. Calculus will be a part of my daily life, and if I didn't take math courses in High School I would be really screwed right now. Even though I didn't learn as much as I should have, for reasons I'm not going to get into. That mindset isn't yours alone either, as the people in my school were always talking about how they didn't need that fancy book-learning either.

I learned how to do my taxes in High School, because I took accounting and business math. I always thought they should have made those courses required too.

Trapezoid

That's my point. All the wrong classes are compulsory. What they teach is based on a curriculum which is not based on the true trials of the average person's life and career.
Of course, I really shouldn't speak. I've had my education put into my own hands and I only indulge in my personal interests, not work to fix my weaknesses. But I still believe that the education system (USA's at least) is flawed.

shbaz

I agree that if people aren't interested, they shouldn't be forced. In small Oklahoma schools they believe if you aren't interested, you are learning disabled and so the system should be modified to let you graduate anyway. This severly limited my potential in High School and still affects me today because I became accustomed to just passing through with no problems, and now I need many hours of intense study every day. I feel cheated because I didn't ever have the option to take calculus or physics, and my chemistry class was a joke because the teacher was a coach. That's why I would prefer people not be forced though. The system was modified to be easier for LD kids and the people who could have benefited more from a difficult course had no other option than to take the easy class.

The reason classes like that are necessary is because America is a monster in the sciences. We are on the forefront of technology, and without new engineers and physicists, that will all disappear. In the end, I guess I would rather force a future gas station clerk to learn physics than to risk losing a future physicist or engineer, in the intrests of a better society. It just doesn't work out in the small school sense because they'll just touch upon the subjects instead of really teaching them.

Vel

I agree with you Trap, even though here we do not emphasize on capitals of countries such as lichtenstein. However, we study many many more useless stuff. ESPECIALLY in exact sciences such as maths, chemistry and physics. I doubt that anything more complicated than the ordinary calculations will come in handy in the life ofa non-matematician/chemist/physic. Last time, I protested against the teacher telling us to learn the angle between the atoms in the molecule water. And guess what I got? A poor mark, no less.
However, I did learn the capitals of all European countries, because I consider this general knowledge. And Trap, I think that anyone who does not visit countries such as the Czech republic, Poland or Greece will sure miss a lot.

shbaz

QuoteI think that anyone who does not visit countries such as the Czech republic, Poland or Greece will sure miss a lot.

I agree! So many people just disregard those countries without even learning about them, but there is so much to see in Europe. For now I'm in college and don't really have the money to leave the states, but west Europe is definately a place I want to see when I can afford to go. And yeah, I don't know the capitols or necessarily exactly where they are relative to other countries (except Greece and Poland) but I like to see new and interesting places.

The reason they teach you to find the angles of molecular bonds is because that's how you figure out how elements and molecules bond with other elements and molecules, it's important in most of chemistry but it's extremely important in organic chemistry when you're looking for medicines to combat things like Cancer, AIDS, etc. You're right, not important! Do you see where I'm going with this? Maybe YOU won't find a use for it, but isn't it important that people are introduced to it so that we will have people becoming Doctors, Engineers, Chemists, and such? Later on I'll learn to apply these useless math equations to build computers and cell phones etc, Chemists make things that improve your lifestyle. My present chemistry teacher designed a blue liquid that neutralizes explosive materials, just by spraying it down. It is also an indicator, so you can rub it on things to see if they've been in contact with explosives in airports etc. My chem teacher last semester is working on a sniffer that detects mines that are made of plastic (so they aren't detectable with metal detectors)... it will prevent people from living with only one leg in Afghanistan from all of the mines the Taliban planted there. Better living through knowledge. Trust me on this one.

Trapezoid

If I were planning on visiting another country, I would take the time to learn all about it. The most important thing to learn is how to teach yourself.
If a student has a plan for themself, then yes, they should have access to all the information and schooling they'll need. However, the average student is not considering a career in science. What they're taught should be proportional to what they should know as they go into adulthood, and putting too much emphasis on specialized subjects can be distracting, and stressful for that matter. The majority of adults need not know or care about Eli Whitney or advanced mathematics, and yet students are expected to learn it all and remember it-- at least until the tests are done.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." -- Albert Einstein

Hinders

Quote from: Vel on Fri 13/02/2004 08:56:57

And now, about general knowledge. In my opinion, those are things you MUST know in order to be an intelligent person. For example, I think that you should know the capitals of Spain, Poland or Portugal
WHAT THE HELL??? i must be REALLY DUMB!!! :P
i dont know them :P
----

remixor

Quote from: Hindersh, the ruler of earth on Sat 14/02/2004 00:51:08

And now, about general knowledge. In my opinion, those are things you MUST know in order to be an intelligent person. For example, I think that you should know the capitals of Spain, Poland or Portugal
WHAT THE HELL??? i must be REALLY DUMB!!! :P
i dont know them :P

Then you are a worthless excuse for a human being.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Domino

How many non-USA  residents know the state capitals? I used to know them at one time, but it has been a long time since i was in high school and college. Now i could really care less. It's not going to further my career at all.

Las Naranjas

For example, I think that you should know the capitals of Spain, Poland or Portugal, not those of Butan, Djibuti and Ivory Coast.

Bloody Blacks and Asians muddying the issue with their unimportant capitals.

When will they get it through their skulls that only Europeans are important!

--edit--

And I should add that whilst I know that Vel was trying to find unimportant countries, over which he's making a value judgement nonetheless, the Ivory Coast has 16 million compared to Portugal's 10 million, and can't be dismissed by relative size.
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

shbaz

There are two things that are infinite, human stupidity and the universe -- and I'm not really sure about the universe.

- Albert Einstein

I'm pretty sure he learned some math in school, just on a whim. If people are never exposed to it, they'll rarely just decide to learn it. Here's an example.. the amount of Physics classes in my home state is negligible. Basically only the huge schools even have them, because there are so few qualified teachers and such bad funding. There are three physics majors at my University with 20,000 students. Think that might have some sort of correlation, maybe? You can't say Physics isn't important anymore than you can say it's not important to have airplanes and cars either.

Also, in the US you aren't even forced to take Chemistry or Calculus - you are given requirements on the amount of science and math courses you take. You can graduate high school with Algebra II being the highest math class you've taken. Hell, you can take the GED test and it's easy enough for a 15 year old to pass, and to boot, they don't call it a GED anymore, they give you a diploma from the high school you went to so that employers won't know the difference between a GED dropout and a graduate. I would have been happier if I'd had the oppurtunity to take a good Chemistry, Calc, or Physics class. Sorry that it isn't the case for you Vel - but what are you going to do when you're older anyway? Do you know for sure? I don't understand why you're not happier for your teachers trying to make you less ignorant. I've always wanted to know how that stuff works.

For me, the most important people in society are the ones keeping that society fit. With the amount of people in the world, we need engineers just to keep them all alive.

Squinky

When did this post become a place for people to make themselves sound important?

And don't knock the GED's man, lots of homeschooled folks have 'em, and theres nothing wrong with that...

shbaz

I'm not knocking the GED, I'm saying you don't need advanced knowledge in math and science to get one (to prove that you don't need to take those courses if you don't want to), and there's no excuse for not getting one because it's not as "good" as a high school degree to employers.. because now it is a high school degree. I thought Home Schooled kids got a special type of degree, besides the GED or High School Degree? There really isn't anything shameful about a GED or dropping out of high school, but I think it's dumb to say we don't need to teach the Sciences in schools.

I'm not trying to make myself sound important either, I just think it's important for people to know science and math, because without that being taught I don't think I would have ended up where I am now. It also seems weird to me that Vel can just define what general knowledge is for himself and call others ignorant for not knowing the capitols, which was the original topic.  ::)

Vel

After I graduate, I have plans to become a lawyer or something like that. I doubt that I will need such useless knowledge. I do agree that Chemistry and Physics can be useful, but not in the ammount we study them. You see, the educational system in Bulgaria has not changed much since communism times - we study everything at highest possible levels, almost no choice in subjects. To give you an example, the three principles of mechanics and thermodynamics we took last year. And about the state capitals - once you disunite, I will learn them, but for now, all I need to know is that the capital of the usa is Washington. Its like learning the capitals of all provinces in France, for example. And it is pretty annoying listening to an American tlaking about american history - from my point of view at least. The USA have about than 300 years of known history(not this of "native americans"), while Bulgaria has existed ever since 681.

Flippy_D

I must admit, you can self-destruct brilliantly.

shbaz

QuoteThe USA have about than 300 years of known history(not this of "native americans"), while Bulgaria has existed ever since 681.

No, we have many thousands of years of known history because of fossil and archaeological record. There wasn't any mass government, but in the Grand Canyon and New Mexico there existed very prosperous farming communities with large villiages, organized religion, and farming techniques allowing them to survive in the desert. They even developed new breeds of crops through selective breeding. The other Native Americans had also developed culture, language, some of them had writing, and all of them had religion and stories passed by word of mouth. You just don't think it's interesting so you won't admit it existed. Just because there wasn't a government doesn't mean nothing happened.

Also, California has the fifth largest economy in the world, I'd call that reason to know it's capitol if you think it's important to know that Rome is the capitol of Italy. http://www.lao.ca.gov/2002/cal_facts/economy_demographics.pdf

Vel

I did not say that there weren't people in America before the colonization, but this ain't your history(If any Native American is reading this, please excuse me). Plus, they weren't as civilized as Romans, Byzantians or Arabians.

Las Naranjas

Civilisation is just a different way of killing people.
"I'm a moron" - LGM

shbaz

Civilized, adj
1) Having a high state of culture and development both social and technological

Seems like developing terraced and irrigated fields, an organized living structure, and selective breeding is technological development to me. They had religion, customs, which are culture. They didn't have road systems here in the present-day US, but down south in Mexico and South America the cultures were just as interesting as ancient Egypt, with pyramids, mathematics development, and road systems.

And yeah, an Indian is reading this. I live in Oklahoma (land of the red man). Pretty much everyone here has some bit of Indian blood in them. This was the last Indian territory. I guess my amount of blood is pretty negligable, but really there are very few pure Indians left. Even here in Tahlequah (the cherokee capitol).

Dude, no offense, but you really don't know what you're talking about with ancient American history. We don't study much other than American history here, and I probably know tons more about it than you.

Vel

Of course. One who does not know the history of his country  is a fool in my book.

Las Naranjas

But they shouldn't talk about it if there's only 300 years of it?
"I'm a moron" - LGM

DGMacphee

By the surly beard of Krift, I hate when all whining pansies start talking about their history.

I beat you all.

Thanks to my great-grandmother, I have 50,000 years of aboriginal heritage.

I'm related to some of the oldest history of my country -- way longer than your puny 300 or 1500 years.

Now, shut up all of you cause I ARES WINNAR!!!!
ABRACADABRA YOUR SPELLS ARE OKAY

DGMacphee Designs - http://www.sylpher.com/DGMacphee/
AGS Awards - http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/

Instagame - http://www.sylpher.com/ig/
"Ah, look! I've just shat a rainbow." - Yakspit

shbaz

Quote from: Vel on Sun 15/02/2004 11:46:42
Of course. One who does not know the history of his country  is a fool in my book.

Sometimes I don't understand you at all Vel.

I wholeheartedly agree with what you just said though, then again I watch a looot of the History channel.

DGMacphee

Just to repeat for the hard of hearing:

"Now, shut up all of you cause I ARES WINNAR!!!!"

shbaz

DG, I think we all know that Australia was mostly populated by criminals.

Watch your wallets around this one.

Layabout

I don't care much for australian history as it is very boring, and very racist.

I prefer ancient history and mythology.

And aboringinal mythology is really retarded. I hate the gay homo serpent story. I went to school with many different cultures attending, and it was good.

I go now, cause i am making little to no sense.
I am Jean-Pierre.

DGMacphee

Quote from: shbazjinkens on Mon 16/02/2004 09:06:26
DG, I think we all know that Australia was mostly populated by criminals.

Watch your wallets around this one.

Yeah, but at least they had to force us off of Britain.

Unlike you Americans, who were all prissy and just didn't like the place.

You were all like "Cry cry, waa waa! We are so oppressed here! hey, let's build a ship and call it the Mayflower (Pfft, sounds like a load of hippy shit to me!)! We'll use our guns to kill those dangerous, unarmed Indians too! And we don't like this tea tax! Oh, boo hoo, woe is us!"

I read Australia's colonial criminal history, and one guy was sent here from Britain just cause he stole a hanky.

Hear that: He was sent to jail here for stealing A HANKY!

He risked his life just so he could blow his nose!

And the British government forced him off the country just for that!

That's what I call BALLS! BIG HAIRY ONES!

But, boo hoo, you rebel cause the British make you pay too much for your precious tea!

POOR DIDDUMS!

Har har har!

P.S. Your comments also have nothing to do with the fact I have older country-based heritage than you and Vel put together! So, deep throat that!

PirateJack: Watch it, pal! My Great-grandmother invented the serpent story! ;D

Meowster

DG: You just exploded my lungs.

Flippy_D

Found it! I knew I had this one:

Squinky

At least this thread is good for a laugh..

DGMacphee

A Dilbert comic?!

Oh no, that's a sure sign this thread has jumped the shark!

Flippy_D

DGMacphee

Meowster

Shark: Dangerous mammal that lives mostly under water.

Flippy_D

Vel

Jackhammer, I watch none of the history channel. I read books. Anyway, I got a new thesis about American history. Or rather, paraphrased it more clearly. Most of the americans are descendants of emigrants from europe, who formed their own nationality. Of course, there have been other tribes at these land beforethat, but when you came came, you mostly slayed them like animals/so as buffalos, by the way/. If I was to give an example with my own country, greek tribes have habited this land well before BC, but this sin't my nationality, do you get it?
And DG, I thought that Australian natinoality was formed when British outlaws were taken there. :P

Meowster

My great, great great, great great aunt got sent to Australia for jaywalking

Okay, no, but that would be cool, huh?

DGMacphee

For christsake, Vel, do you have the same reading disability that Jackhammer does?

I said that my aboriginal heritage constitutes 50,000 years of history.

Christ, no wonder you two morons are arguing over this shitty topic.

You're both so fucking thick that you can READ something very simple I wrote -- it's even just one small line of text.

I'll repeat it for the mentally-challenged:

"Thanks to my great-grandmother, I have 50,000 years of aboriginal heritage."

So all I can say is: RETARDS!

Now shut the fuck up the two of you, because no matter how much you debate on your heritage to your country, I'm still going to win because my aboriginal ancestors have been in my country longer than any of yours in your countries.

By the way, Vel, a fucking smiley at the end of your reply doesn't change the fact that you still can't read a simple line of text, you ass.

Vel

I kinda skipped your reply DG...

AGA

Quote from: Indiana Psychonaut on Mon 16/02/2004 19:23:07
My great, great great, great great aunt got sent to Australia for jaywalking

Quite likely, since as we all know, all Irish are criminals.

Meowster

Criminals... or legally challenged?

DGMacphee

Quote from: Vel on Mon 16/02/2004 19:27:30
I kinda skipped your reply DG...

Wow, what a fucking surpise!

Vel ignored a reply that was not only honest, factual, and showed he was a moron.

Like that's never happened!

Guess what, Vel?

You didn't really skip my reply -- You read it and discovered you couldn't come up with anything witty or intelligent to counter.

Meowster

DG, your avatar is so fitting for this moment in time.

Totoro

shbaz

DG, Humans have existed for that long, so we all have that many years of history and more behind us.

Las Naranjas

Not in a single country which is what vel implies is history. Whilst we can only find inhabitants of Bulgaria for 5500 years in the past, we can find art by DG's granny's people that is possibly ten times that age, and other artifacts of their culture which is certainly that age.

And now the poor bastard has to deal with all these Johnny come lately cultures getting high and mighty because the US was only settled by Europeans [and he seems no neglect non European cultures immensley] a few centuries ago.

50000, coutn them!
"I'm a moron" - LGM

Barcik

Well you stink too DG! My Jewish origins trace back to the early periods of the Bible!
Currently Working On: Monkey Island 1.5

Las Naranjas

If we follow Bible chronology...DG's ancestry predates the universe by 40000 years.

AWESOME!
"I'm a moron" - LGM

Barcik

Currently Working On: Monkey Island 1.5

LordHart

DG's an aboriginal? I thought he was the muthafucking shore patrol... and I'm aboriginal as well, in fact, my family is quite large, including one notorious dickhead that is my second cousin, Anthony "The Man" Mundine... oh how I loathe him and his stupid wrestling/boxing antics... I await the day that Danny Green knocks him out. >:(

Raggit

Wow.

Hasn't this gone on long enough???  

I mean, Migs made a Vel love thread, not a Vel hate thread.  So why not leave it that way and go make your own Vel hate thread??
Now, the last thing I'm trying to do is start more arguing, but I just thought I'd point that out.

BTW, I like Vel.  :)  
--- BARACK OBAMA '08 ---
www.barackobama.com

LordHart

Raggit

(In dippy teenage girl voice)

Oh, I like him, but not in THAT way!!!!

(giggles and bats eyes)  
--- BARACK OBAMA '08 ---
www.barackobama.com

Trapezoid

Heritage and history aren't worth arguing about. Worth studying, sure, but who cares who has how much of it? Last time I checked, time is marching in the other direction.

DGMacphee

Os Último Quão Queijo:
I'm don't actually identify as an aboriginal (cause I'm white as cocaine and live in white culture), but my great grandmother on my Dad's side was aboriginal.

It's a shame that most records of my bloodlines have been wiped out.

I'd like to find out more about my family's history.

But all who know anything about it are either dead or won't speak to anyone about it.

Also, no matter how much you hate Mundine, at least you can claim you're related to a boxing champ.

Side note: My Aunty Leslie is a Golden Globe and Emmy nominee and had her own show in the 60s and 70s: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0880081/

Here's her website: http://www.leslieuggams.com/

Jackhammer:
QuoteDG, Humans have existed for that long, so we all have that many years of history and more behind us.

Oh wait, I thought we were talking about how long our ancestors had lived in one particular country -- how fucking stupid of me!

I should know that people's minds here change faster than Paris Hilton's undies!

Barcik:
QuoteWell you stink too DG! My Jewish origins trace back to the early periods of the Bible!

I got this info from Bill Hicks (his ghost visited me in the middle of the night), but fundamentalist Christians have worked out that the world is 12,000 years by adding everyone's ages in the bible way back to Adam and Eve.

Even though Dinosaur fossils don't come into the equation.

Fundamentalist Christians say God put them there as a joke.

Also, here is a website with an article that claims the world is only 6000 years old (according tot he bible): http://www.users.bigpond.com/rdoolan/earthsage.html

So, Narangas is right and it's not blaspheny -- my ancestors pre-date the universe.

Now put the torches down, untie Dickie Green, and let the heretic go about his business.

LordHart

Quote from: DGMacphee on Tue 17/02/2004 03:22:25Also, no matter how much you hate Mundine, at least you can claim you're related to a boxing champ.

I'd be related to one anyway, my dad was an Australian Bantamweight champion who also fought in a few divisions, had about 70 fights with 10 or so losses, and in the end, was stripped of the title because no-one wanted to fight him cause he ended many peoples careers... Lionel Rose was then handed the title...  >:(

TheYak

Actually (and we're extremely off-topic here) some Christians believe God put them there as a joke, others believe Satan put them there to mislead us.  Other Christians believe that scientists skewed the fossil reconstruction in order to produce what they wanted.  Other Christians believe that carbon-dating and other methods are incorrect and that Dinosaurs were on the Earth during the biblical age of man (citing biblical references to "behemoth" and "leviathan" and others believe that they were on the Earth during its formative time-periods (assuming the 7 days of creation were more metaphorical than literal).

My personal belief is that the biblical stories were all about dinosaurs. Moses? A brontosaurus.  Pharoah? Tyrannosaurus Rex. Samuel was a Rhamphoryncus.  

Back on topic. I know what a rhamphoryncus is, and even how to spell it.  Does this make me a genius? Hell no. Makes me some kook who has above-average knowledge about a subject he is/was interested in.

remixor

Now I remember why I don't hang around these forums as often as I used to...

DGMacphee

Quote from: Os Último Quão Queijo ^_^ on Tue 17/02/2004 04:47:46
I'd be related to one anyway, my dad was an Australian Bantamweight champion who also fought in a few divisions, had about 70 fights with 10 or so losses, and in the end, was stripped of the title because no-one wanted to fight him cause he ended many peoples careers... Lionel Rose was then handed the title...  >:(

Whoa! That's quite a claim to fame!

Quote from: remixor on Tue 17/02/2004 05:00:34
Now I remember why I don't hang around these forums as often as I used to...

Cause of dinosaurs?  ;D

TheYak

Fine then! We don't want you dinosaur-prejudiced types around here anyway ya skinny no-necked white boy.

LordHart

Quote from: DGMacphee on Tue 17/02/2004 05:36:52Whoa! That's quite a claim to fame!

Is that being sarcastic? I'm too tired to think... :-\

DGMacphee

No, that was serious, man!

I am impressed.

Your Dad is the man who beat everyone, and that is pretty damn cool!

Don't worry, I am only sarcastic to retards like Jackhammer and Vel who argue over shitty things like whether knowing the capital of Ukbeistienmalogaloo will have any influence on the course of the world.

See, this is why terrorists want to bomb the world -- they read things on the internet written by guys like Jackhammer and Vel and think, "Holy crap! This is what these retards argue over? Man, taking over the world is gonna be a piece of cake!"

Vel and Jackhammer's intellectual wank debate is the reason why aliens haven't made peaceful public contact yet -- They're too afraid of your stupidity.

It's so fucking mediocre that people spend their lives trying to impress other with such stupid "General Knowledge".

The only thing such general knowledge does is shows you look like a wanker.

But here's some real general knowledge for everyone:

"Vel and Jackhammer are idiots for even starting such a shitty debate."

In fact, I'm surprised someone was even stupid enough to start a thread to praise one of these mental defectives.

Honestly, why would anyone want to praise someone who enters into such shitty debate topics?

So, Migs, you're an idiot too.

Meanwhile, I am awesome because a) my ancestors have been in my country a lot longer than any of your ancestors in your countries, and b) I know the most important general knowledge of all: "Vel and Jackhammer are stupid for starting such an idiotic debate, and Migs is a fool for starting such a stupid thread to praise Vel." -- and that's better general knowledge than knowing the capital of Spain or Portugal.

remixor

Quote from: YakSpit on Tue 17/02/2004 05:37:54
Fine then! We don't want you dinosaur-prejudiced types around here anyway ya skinny no-necked white boy.

FINE!

veryweirdguy

Quote from: DGMacphee on Tue 17/02/2004 06:05:08

Meanwhile, I am awesome because a) my ancestors have been in my country a lot longer than any of your ancestors in your countries,

You know longer have my respect until you tell me that your ancestors are from a country called Ukbeistienmalogaloo.

And, as I said earlier, I too think General Knowledge is not a good measurement of intelligence. It just means you read too many encyclopedias.

Wait, how come we always give General Knowledge capitals?

general knowledge.

That's better.

shbaz

Yeah, I'll bet the terrorists read DG's posts (because everbody knows they read AGS Forums all the time) and they're like, "Man! This guy knows his shit. Look how much he curses to show his intellectual superiority over anyone else in a debate, and tries to make it look as if he wasn't arguing with the two people he's making fun of for arguing. We need to stay away from Australia, way too easy."

See, you forgot to mention how retarded you are, because it's not like you weren't arguing. Retard.

DGMacphee

Quote from: shbazjinkens on Wed 18/02/2004 01:15:45
Yeah, I'll bet the terrorists read DG's posts (because everbody knows they read AGS Forums all the time) and they're like, "Man! This guy knows his shit. Look how much he curses to show his intellectual superiority over anyone else in a debate, and tries to make it look as if he wasn't arguing with the two people he's making fun of for arguing. We need to stay away from Australia, way too easy."

See, you forgot to mention how retarded you are, because it's not like you weren't arguing. Retard.

Jackhammer, I burnt you bigtime in my previous reply and all you can do is use one of my old jokes (Pffft, hardly original) and call me a retard (which I've already done so, like six or seven times using synonyms in my last few replies. i.e. idiot, retard, moron, stupid).

I have pubic hair that can come up with more creative and coherent arguments.

So, as well as being stupid, you're also an untalented hack.

Also, I'm not a retard -- I don't waste my time arguing over whether general knowledge the lifeblood of intelligence.

I just condemn people who waste their time arguing over such stupid shit.

And that's not retarded, cause Maddox and Seanbaby do it all the time and their pages are respectively (and I quote) "The Best Page in the Universe" and have "Over 26 Million Faces Rocked".

So, they must be right.

Therefore, you are wrong.

You may continue to eat your ass with a spoon!

Raggit

Quote from: DGMacphee on Wed 18/02/2004 01:27:26

I have pubic hair that's can come up with more creative and coherent arguments.

I would just like to point out that there should be no s, nor any apostrophe behind the word "that" which you used in your post.
--- BARACK OBAMA '08 ---
www.barackobama.com

DGMacphee

Yeah, I changed it from "pubic hair that's smarter than you" to "pubic hair that can come...".

I'll rectify it to appease you picky, picky people!  ;D

Flippy_D

My first argument in teh AGS community was with DG....

Happy days.  ::)

DGMacphee

Flippy_D

You used '1337' on my slightly imfamous Simpsons challenge, and I failed to realise it was a joke. So I got mad.

DGMacphee

Ahhh.

I don't remember the Simpsons challenge, but I can faintly remember the argument.

Flippy_D

And it's when I can get away with meaningless post conversations like this that I know I'm REALLY onto something.  :D

DGMacphee

That's so 1337!!!  ;D

shbaz

Quote from: DGMacphee on Wed 18/02/2004 01:27:26
I just condemn people who waste their time arguing over such stupid shit.

And that's not retarded, cause Maddox and Seanbaby do it all the time and their pages are respectively (and I quote) "The Best Page in the Universe" and have "Over 26 Million Faces Rocked".

So, they must be right.

Therefore, you are wrong.

You may continue to eat your ass with a spoon!

Yeah, so you, like Maddox, aren't a retard because you proclaim so yourself? Congratulations, and don't take my congratulations lightly because I am the greatest human being that ever lived. I said so myself, so it must be true.

Maddox is a skinny nerd that sits behind his computer and writes drivel everyone already knows. He's no smarter than any of us. I don't disagree with much he says, but his presentation is horrible. Logic shouldn't need cursing and blanket statements to justify. That's the sort of thing 12 year olds thrive on and love to revisit, hence the millions of hits. It doesn't take a genius to find the obvious and curse about it, he just happened to be one of the first to use the web for it. Also, he himself commented on how badly written 99% of his mail is, I'd say that's because his fan base is largely not the intellectual type. I don't even know who Seanbaby is, but I don't really search the internet for people publishing their thoughts.

Really, when you curse at n00bs it's funny, I voted for you many times in the Foregos, but I guess there's a good reason you didn't win, eh? You're calling me a dumbass for saying it's not wise to call people stupid for not knowing the capitols of foreign countries..

Las Naranjas

DG, the world will never understand irony, so you may as well give up.
"I'm a moron" - LGM

DGMacphee

I could, Las, I surely could.

But it's just too funny watching Jackhammer act like a bigger dick than Vel.

----

Jackhammer, Maddox's website is the "Best Page in the Universe" and who are you to defy that, you puny mortal!

Firstly, I don't care if you voted for me in the Foregos or whatever.

To be honest, I don't care if I'm "Best Poster of Whatever Blah Blah Blah".

Secondly, I did win, idiot -- For best poster in the AGS Chat Forum (Please note: This proves you're retarded).

Also, I don't curse at n00b -- only stupid people.

Watch:

Fuck shit ass bolloack scumpoop!

I am cursing at you, which means you're an idiot.

Also, I don't think you're "a dumbass for saying it's not wise to call people stupid for not knowing the capitols of foreign countries."

I think you're a dumbass for spending several pages trying to debate with Vel over such a stupid topic.

People are out there arguing over important shit -- those are the real people, the ones who matter, genius!

Now, until you can show me your "Best Page In The Universe" I'll just do my only little Maddox: you're an idiot and I'll leave that as my reply to every single post you make in this thread from now on.

shbaz

DG: You're Stupid.

If you agree, reply to this post with these words:
"You're an idiot."

MrColossal

how about everyone shut the fuck up

if you have a problem with this PM me and give me 3 reasons why i should unlock it

DG, this isn't iMockery go back over there if you want to pull this shit
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk