Loom2 - Chaos Returns

Started by Loom2, Tue 17/02/2004 15:54:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Loom2

Hi there !

2 Weeks ago, a fan-project has been started called 'Loom - Chaos Returns', based on LucasArts 'Loom'. Some Details :

- Game runs in 640x480x16bit

- Choose to download the small midi-music-version, or download the huge cd-quality-soundtrack version

- Uses MI2-Style Inventory and the Distaff from 'Loom'

- All Characters and Places are re-drawn, nothing ripped off the old Loom

- An Epic (and much longer than Loom1) Story Line which tells you all secrets about the Loom and it's origin

- You play Bobbin Threadbare at most, but you have to play some parts as his Mother, which are set about 10 Years before Bobbin was born.

So, please visit http://www.chaosreturns.de for more Information. Right now, there is only a Forum online, the Site will be launched at March 1st.

------ ARTISTS NEEDED ------
So because creating Character-Sprites is really time-consuming, i need some help :)

If you are one of the following, contact me at webmaster@chaosreturns.de

-- CHARACTER DESIGNER ( ANIMATION)
-- BACKGROUND DESIGNER ( 2D )

Best Regards,

Loom2, http://www.chaosreturns.de

Cluey

I'd help but my graphical style (if you look at The Darksiders), is a very cartoony "didn't your art teacher say anything about perspective" style and isnt really suitable for Loom, but anyway, good luck!!
Aramore
My webcomic.

Vel

Read the forum rules man.

Darth Mandarb

I second Vel.

Man ... I got my hopes up when I saw the title of this thread!

It's not in production if all you have is a forum online.  (according to forum rules)

But good luck.  I've always wanted to do/see a sequel to Loom.

~ d

Loom2

Ok sorry guys, maybe I misunderstood it. The game IS actually in production, but the Site is not finished yet. So when the site is up in March, you'll be able to download the first running demo with a few rooms.

thx, loom2

Vel

Upload a screenshot, at least.

Nixxon

lol history repeats itself.
Good luck with ur project, never played loom, might go grab it now :D

modgeulator

The project sounds awesome. Can't wait for March 1st. Don't let the fuzz get you down.

IntentInsane

I'd apply for the background job but I'm busy with Nanotech and like Clueless3 my artistic style probably doesn't suit.
Intentionally Insane!
http://www.pauladmin.tk

jannar85

I like the character! But two of the backgrounds seem too realistic.. (and 3D) :P
It's nice to see a follow-up to Loom :)
Veteran, writer... with loads of unreleased games. Work in progress.

Loom2

Ok screenshots are now uploaded. The Backgrounds are real photographs which have been processed to give them a comic- or drawn-like look. We'll use that technique all through the game.

modgeulator

I'm wondering what your plans for the music are. Are you going to use more of Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake, like the original game used? To me, Loom is a game closely tied to music, so it'd seem important to get it just right.

Thought the screenshots look great, btw.

Loom2

Oh yes, i forgot that on the Site. The Soundtrack will include Swansea, but other classical Music too, like Smetanas Moldau and others.

greets, Loom2

Nacho

Hey! I think that many of us had this idea before, finally someone has had the guts to do it!

It is clear that you German love Lucasarts, A-V-O, LucasFan with his nice ZackMcCracken2... And now this Loom2, which seems promising.

Good Luck!
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Loom2

By the way, the Site is now available in english Language .

Best regards, Loom2

Tarison

The character looks great, though the backgrounds don't like cartoony/drawn. They look like a photo with a filter over it, which doesn't make for a great background -- especially if you're using a non-realistic-looking (ie, cartoony) character.

jannar85

You should hire another background artist, who can match the same style as the characters. I love Bobbin though. Sweet!!
Veteran, writer... with loads of unreleased games. Work in progress.

big brother

What? I love the backgrounds! They look very surreal, and I think they would contribute greatly to the mysterious atmosphere.
Mom's Robot Oil. Made with 10% more love than the next leading brand.
("Mom" and "love" are registered trademarks of Mom-Corp.)

Gilbert

I agree, cartoony characters on edited photo backgrounds is not necessarily bad, the combination can be great if used right.

BTW:
Quote from: Loom2 on Tue 17/02/2004 15:54:39
- Uses MI2-Style Inventory and the Distaff from 'Loom'

WHAT?2? Inventory? You shouldn't add an inventory system to a LOOM game! That ruins teh whole system!

;D Heh just kidding, make it whatever way you like, I'm looking forward to playing this game!

Sluggo

Quote from: Loom2 on Tue 17/02/2004 15:54:39
- Choose to download the small midi-music-version, or download the huge cd-quality-soundtrack version

QuoteThe Soundtrack will include Swansea, but other classical Music too, like Smetanas Moldau and others.

How are you planning on doing that? Will the "CD-quality soundtrack" be recordings of midis or (illegal) classical recordings?

Anyway, I'm interested to see where this goes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk