Loom2 - Chaos Returns

Started by Loom2, Tue 17/02/2004 15:54:39

Previous topic - Next topic

edmundito

"I think George Lucas is going to sue sombody."

Seriously, though, does anyone remember the time all LucasArts fan sequel/spinoff amateur game makers got an official letter from LEC saying that they were going to get sued if they didn't get rid of the game? They even had a two page thing on PCGAMER UK about it.
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

auroranoir

Hey finally someone who shares my vision!!
I wanted to do this about 12 months ago or so..
I imagined the loom sequel to be to loom as LOTR is to the hobbit..
There is so much more story to tell, about the history and the other guilds mentioned in the book of patterns..
Issues concerning Cygna..
Good to see!! Your backgrounds look a lot like the location shots from beast within (Germany is beautiful), so i took one and am going to have a play with it...
If you like what i come up with, i'd be happy to help out some more with the art :)

auroranoir

Actually probably looks even more like beast within now..
The dusk scenes.. hmm...
I think really in order to get it cartoony, you'd have to either redraw the entire scene over the top of the photograph (digitally) or you could try applying a heavy amount of one of those painting style effects you can get in PSP or PS (or a plugin)..

I had the idea of using photographs for loom 2 as well, and making them look like water colour paintings somehow..

Then again i also had the idea of filming a ballet sequence for an encounter with the guild of dancers :)
Mmmm gothic ballet dancers... would be nice! Their world is in ruin too..

Actually its only the selfish assed weavers who fled reality off to their little pond in another dimension.. Everyone else is still under the reign of chaos..
Mandible is dead, but the weavers have alot to answer for..

Loom2

hi there !

a new background artist joined our team, so the whole backgrounds will be handdrawn and photo-shop colored.

best regards, nico b.

Migs

I have to admit, I would've liked to see the backgrounds like the ones you initially showed, rather than handpainted.  You made very good use of filters for those backgrounds.  I agree with big brother here: the surreal look is fitting for a game like Loom.  The only problem is making the character sprites fit.
This signature intentionally left blank.

Wolverine

Hey. Is L2 still in production or is it like totally gone now? I tried the website in the topic but couldn't get through. IE says that it cannot find the sever. :(

Mr Flibble

If you really want to know, send a PM to the thread starter.
Although, no replies in over a year, and the guy has shut down his site.
The signs don't exactly point to "thriving game".
Ah! There is no emoticon for what I'm feeling!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk