Dick LaRenzo: DEMO AVAILABLE (UPDATED 09-10-05)

Started by Kal-El, Mon 28/04/2003 16:59:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Kal-El

Cheers piraatlife4me, I hope you enjoy it.

There is quite a few cut-scenes in the game which I think I'll trim down as they seem to maybe go on too long for some people, so I thought I'd warn you all. Still, some people may like it, who knows.

I'll just wait till I get feedback so I know what to change etc.

Your pal, Daz.

Kal-El

Here's a few more screenshots for you all...

Another kind of teaser poster.

A snapshot from one of the cutscenes involving Dick LaRenzo being catapulted 2 mile into the air at 300MPH.

Hello? It's LaRenzo on the phone...

Take care guys, your pal, Daz.

Kal-El

Where have the last 2 posts disappeared to? They have somehow vanished  ???

Your pal, Daz.

piraatlife4me

Kal-El

Well anyhow piraatlife4me, I replied with a post saying that I'd changed the talking view of Dick LaRenzo so now he's not as fidgety-looking as he was before. :)

I've also completed 3 more new backgrounds.

Your pal, Daz.

HillBilly

Installer didn't work for me. Only installed the "uinstal" file and said an error had occured. Invalid file or somthing. 12F.

Kal-El

Hi there HillBilly...

That seems a bit strange because it's worked for everyone else who's downloaded it (not just people on this forum)...I'm actually downloading it myself now to see what happens when I try to install it. I'll update this post when I've done it.

EDIT: I downloaded the file from my site and it works fine. But there's something I did notice - DON'T download the setup file using a download manager such as GetRight because I just tried downloading it with GetRight and the file was being registered as 51mb when it's only just over 17mb! So make sure NOT to use a download manager. Hope this helps.

Your pal, Daz.

APJ

I just completed the demo which was great, especially the cutscenes. I look forward to the release of the full game.

Kal-El

Hi PJ

Yeah, those cut-scenes took literally DAYS to do but I'm well happy with the final outcome of them.

Thanks for downloading and giving me feedback anyhow.

The game's still coming along but I've decided now to add some more levels, mainly to fit in with the story.

Take care, your pal, Daz.

QUEVALORD

I've always love this kind of stories, can't wait to play it

Kal-El

Darth Mandarb

Wow!  Talk about coming back from the dead!

I'm gonna lock this thread, as it violates the forum rules as of now!

PM me when you have the demo and some screenshots available so we can update the first post!

Thanks!

Kal-El

All done and updated :)

Had to use a free image host so I apologise for the quailty of the screenshots.

splat44

Hi Darren,

I am currently downloading and will give my comment later.

However, I highly recommend using faster file server.
I think one of being called file front or something, if not, I'm sure that others who comes here will specify.

Kal-El

Cheers mate,

Finding a decnt free server to allow large files is a pain in the you know what but cheers for the advice.

splat44

Hi Darren,

I did managed to play it.

For your game, it great.

I did tried downloading speech pack file from link posted at your original post.

I found the followings:
1) When I managed to download speeck pack, there is error with archieve file.
2) Your server, is always redirect to different website making yours not available everytime.

Your other links are not valid.

Before darth completely lock this thread, I suggest that you fixe your links as soon as possible for everyone.

Kal-El

Cheers.

To download the files you need to copy the shortcut into the browser.

splat44

Hi Darren,

Ok, everything went well and below are my findings while play
game with voices.

Overall, the game is quite funny!

Not all characters have voices such as:
two goons and clown

At some point during the game the following I don't hear voices:
Dick guy and his pal John, including girl and big boss(near end)

I'm sure the above will be changed open completion of game.

I'm wondering, when can we expect the full version?

Once again, excellent game.

Kal-El

Hi Splat44!

Thanks for taking the time and patience to complete and review the demo. I really appreciate that.

There is as of yet no voices for the goons and John's daughter and the clown, these WILL be rectified obviously in the full release.

A few lines from Dick & John are missing too but once again, these lines will be in the full version.

Once again though, thankyou for taking the time to play it.

splat44

Hi Darren,

Thank for your reply.

I just wanted to sure the game didn't have any bug where no or missing voices in games.

So far I haven't found any bugs.

Good luck in completeting the game.

If ever you need any beta testers, I'll be more than glad to help out.

Cheers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk