Post your song of the moment

Started by dasjoe, Wed 18/02/2004 21:28:06

Previous topic - Next topic

dasjoe

So,  this actually is not my own idea.. i've seen similar threads in some german forums.
but anyway, it's fun.
and very interesting to see what music others are listening to.
(oh, i'm such a nosey person ;D)

if you don't think so or this has already come up and did not work: just ignore this thread.
then i really have a reason for being depressed ;)
.oO(hmm.. i'm not really depressed. maybe later 8))

my song of the moment:

Muse - New Born
... it's quite easy being the best.

Damien

Domino

Not listening to it at this moment, but played it about an hour ago.

Saliva - Your Disease

Trapezoid

The last song a played, which is still stuck in my head, was "Milo 7" by The Velvet Teen.

Chicky

ohh muse-new born. very depressive song.

hey, join the club im depressed too anyway

my song of the moment is: The offspring-hit that

im trying to cheer up ya see

-nath

nope!

my song of the moment:

something that helps me to wake up:

Guerilla Radio - Rage Against The Machine!

Gregjazz

Does the word Jamiroquai ring a bell? :)

Nacho

Strange... I am allways singing to a different song everytime, which is called by me "The song of the moment".

It mustn't necesarilly be a fashioned one. Just one song I like.

The "Farl's song of the moment" is: A man of constant sorrow, by the picture "O brother, where are thou"
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

TheYak

Bela Fleck & The Flecktones - Centrifuge

Technically a jazz band.. more like eclectic instrumentals.

Haddas

Love is gonna save us - Benny Benassi
*oomph* *oomph* *oomph*

LGM

Kelly and Ozzy Ozbourne - Changes..

Yea yea, shutup
You. Me. Denny's.

LordHart

Well, I alternate between songs all the time... but here are a few I usually listen to all the time.

AC/DC - Long Way to the Top
Sugarhill Gang - Rappers Delight
m0ds - Not Ready (cant get enough of m0ds sexy voice :P)
Van Halen - Panama
Pseudo Echo - Funky Town
Queen - Greatest Hits 1
MC Hammer - U Cant Touch This
Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby

Other than that I cant think of much else. The guys on IRC have seen my choice of music as I seem to announce it every now and then when the room is going a bit slow. :P

Nine Toes

Watch, I just killed this topic...

remixor

Quote from: YakSpit on Wed 18/02/2004 23:22:26
Bela Fleck & The Flecktones - Centrifuge

Technically a jazz band.. more like eclectic instrumentals.

I wouldn't really call them jazz.  Whatever they are, it is awesome.  I saw them live, and it was easily one of the best shows I've ever seen.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

TheYak

I'm not really sure what to call 'em either but the Wherehouse & local mom & pop CD store both swear it's jazz.  I think it's because of that play-it-by-ear coffee shop sound they've got.  In any case, amazing stuff.  I'm also rather taken with GSYBE (tnx, Btw) but can't find anything legal to buy anywhere in town so have only got .mp3s.

remixor

I've heard them often described as bluegrass, but that doesn't seem altogether accurate either.  Doesn't really matter either way, really.

GYBE can sometimes be hard to find, since they're signed to an independant label, but I'm usually able to find them at larger places like Tower.  I suppose you could always use Amazon or something as well.  I don't remember what I've recommended to you so far, but in terms of albums I'd probably recommend Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven, then F#A#(infinity), then Slow Riot for New Zero Kanada, then Yanqui U.X.O.  Slow Riot is an EP, the rest are full-length releases.

TheYak

Yep, probably have to do the on-line thing.  I don't know San Francisco for sh** and my little town has 2 music stores with any kind of selection.  

As far as BF goes, I don't think you can categorize it in a specific genre. I've heard stuff by them that strongly resembles: Bluegrass, Classical, Modern Jazz, New Age, Easy Listening, Rockabilly, et al.  I think I'll just classify the group as "Musicians" and leave it at that.  For that matter, I can't think of much categorization for GYBE either, somewhere in a mixture of rock, industrial, instrumental . . . maybe that's why I can't find 'em.

remixor

The official genre of GYBE is "post-rock", but they're really one of the very few good bands in that genre.  Most of the rest of them sort of have the right idea but they generally suck or are completely bland and derivative.

SSH

Why does everybody (with a few exceptions) seem to be into stuff that I've never ever heard of?

For me it's Nelly Furtado's Powerless

or when with my daughter, "Row, row, row your boat" or the Map song from Dora the Explorer

DGMacphee

Still listening to Elbow's Cast of Thousands.

I especially like the song "Not a Job".

Also, our own Adam "Dark Stalkey" Hay features on one of the tracks, so buy this CD!
ABRACADABRA YOUR SPELLS ARE OKAY

DGMacphee Designs - http://www.sylpher.com/DGMacphee/
AGS Awards - http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/

Instagame - http://www.sylpher.com/ig/
"Ah, look! I've just shat a rainbow." - Yakspit

Fuzzpilz

I tend to listen to albums rather than individual songs. I'm without music right now, but while working on a synthesizer yesterday I noticed how well Autechre's "Incunabula" goes with programming.

Krynge

more of a tune I'm listening to:
Maktone's Class 11.mod

www.maktone.tk

under mod's..

pure bliss!

And some of you might recognise the tune...

(Now where have I heard this before...?)

DragonRose

Up until yestereday it was "Frontier Psychiatrist" by the Avalanches, which is incredibly hard to sing because it's just a bunch of samples from old movies mixed together.

But then I went and saw the musical "The Producers" and the song has changed to random snippets of songs that I can remember both the words and tune to.
Sssshhhh!!! No sex please, we're British!!- Pumaman

Ciro Durán

The Thievery Corporation - Heaven's gonna burn your eyes

Gord10

I'm listening to the songs of Evanescence in this days. (but just now I have to listen to another thing :(   )
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

dasjoe

Readymade - My little Galaxy

Ben

Pixies - Allison

Evanescence is one of the most overrated pieces of shit I've ever heard.

Lazy Z

For me it's the song "Illuminating" by The Gathering.
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe. All mimsy were the borogroves and the mome raths outgrabe.'

Top-5 Games

Flippy_D

The Ragnarok Online BGM list - all 2 hours 57 of it.

Also, my CD.

Carnival de Paris / Purple Haze / Park Life / Handbags and Gladrags / God put a smile upon your face / Soul Bossa Nova / Gangster's Paradise / Ocean Drive / Thriller / Seven Nation army / Yesterday / Mad World / By the Way / Do it Again / The Hindu Times / Clocks / Big Sur / My Generation / Bohemian Rhapsody.

AGA

Oh well done, you managed to make a CD of almost pure tripe. If Yesterday is The Beatles song, that's good, as is My Generation, Seven Nation Army is okay, By the Way is so-so, but most of the rest make me want to lose my ears.

Flippy_D

Yeah, but I can ignore you 'cause you're always mean to me :P

I think they're superb songs, and luckily, my opinion is the one that actually counts here.

LordHart

I dont know why I didn't say it before, but I also listen to an old record of The Whos Tommy every now and then when on the net. Found it at a local second hand store for 2 dollars!!! :)

AGA

w00t. Now you are a man with taste.

Adamski

Venetian Snares - Herbie Goes Ballistic. Bam I say! BAM!

Oh, and buy that Elbow CD, they're one of the bestest bands around.

remixor

Quote from: Os àšltimo Quão Queijo ^_^ on Thu 19/02/2004 23:23:11
I dont know why I didn't say it before, but I also listen to an old record of The Whos Tommy every now and then when on the net. Found it at a local second hand store for 2 dollars!!! :)

Get Quadrophenia and be prepared to crap yourself in amazement.

Ishmael

Hurriganes - I Will Stay

not right now playing, but I played it a few minutes ago... with the guitar...

auhsor

Well not at the moment, but i'm usually listening to anything Jeff Buckley, or Dream Theater... I might just listen to me some Jeff Buckley  i think...

Pet Terry

Well while reading this topic I was listening Blackalicious' Sky is falling, but now while writing this I'm listening Don Johnson Big Band's Helsinki Cadenza.
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Rincewind

Quote from: LilGryphMaster on Thu 19/02/2004 02:31:42
Kelly and Ozzy Ozbourne - Changes..

LGM, you should listen to the orginal, with Sabbath instead... That's the only version of that song... :) Hehe...

Currently being repeated in Winamp at the moment:

The Clash - Train in Vain (Stand by Me)

Babar

Indiana Jones theme song  ;D ;D ;D!
My playlist is on shuffle so I am listening to stuff I have not heard in a while. The last song was Queen- I want to break free and before that-She drives like crazy ;D
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Haddas

The band I just found is the best one I know.
A Finnish-Swedish Heavy-Metal band.
Let's see if anyone from sweden can understand a word they're saying.
Det är kraftig Finlandssvensk dialekt ;)

I recommend it to everyone else too.

http://1g3b.com/website/videos/index.htm
(The videos have lyrics)

I love the song "Jag alskar de (sa inet fitton)"
Check it out.

magicalmonkey

Hmm...the songs that mostly plug away in my head are:

Skankt - Lost
Shootin Goon - Wootini
The Waifs - Lighthouse
Ska-P - Welcome to Hell
Bad Religion - Broken
Ludes - She was just a Girl

...this list could get very very long, the above is just the supreme of the bunch  :P

Pessi

Catch 22 - Keasbey Nights. I also just checked Just Jack - Snowflakes video off the website and it rocks.

Haddas, that's interesting at least. :) I first thought you were talking about Diablo but then again I think it's all Finnish.

Pau

Quote from: magicalmonkey on Fri 20/02/2004 20:13:34Ska-P - Welcome to Hell
I didn't know Ska-P was internationaly known.

Now listening:
ToteKing - Devoto
paused -- get the startup menu creator (version 1.1) for AGS games. (Use save target as..)

Ryukage

Hmm.  My playlist is a mixture of Fey (Vertigo album), Paulina Rubio (Border Girl album), and random stuff from anime and video games (including Gundam Wing, Shadow Skill, Wild ARMS 3, Terranigma, Xenogears, and Chrono Cross).

I sometimes wonder if I'd like Fey and Paulina more or less if I understood Spanish...
Ninja Master Ryukage
"Flipping out and kicking off heads since 1996"

Vel

I'd say
Asia - Love under fire. Just listen to it - it is really amazing.

Rincewind

Ooh, lots of songs in repeat mode now:

Kyuss - Catamaran (Listen to this song... So incredibly good...)
Kyuss - El Rodeo
Kyuss - Tangy Zizzle
Meshuggah - New Millenium Cyanide Christ
Meshuggah - Future Breed Machine
Katatonia - One Year From Now (I am going to see them live tonioght! Woo!)

Haddas

Quote from: Pessi on Fri 20/02/2004 20:31:08
Catch 22 - Keasbey Nights. I also just checked Just Jack - Snowflakes video off the website and it rocks.

Haddas, that's interesting at least. :) I first thought you were talking about Diablo but then again I think it's all Finnish.

I have that feeling too...

Matt Brown

tower of power-only so much oil in the ground
royal crown revue- the walkin blues
word up

jannar85

Dave Matthews Band - Satellite (acapella)

:P

Gotta love Dave Matthews....  ;)
Veteran, writer... with loads of unreleased games. Work in progress.

Felipe

Well I don't have exactly 'a song of the moment', instead, I have artists I'm listening to ATM.
Who remained in my playlist during 2003 and are still now in 2004 are:
Queen
Jethro Tull
Linkin Park
...and many Rap artists (Eminem, Tupac, Notorious BIG, Puff Daddy, Nelly, Dr Dre, Fresh Prince, Angie Martinez, Snoop Dogg, 50 Cent, Busta Rhymes, Sugarhill Gang, Nas, Missy Elliot, Lil' Kim, Ludacris, Jay-Z... among others) 8)
Don't blame me - I didn't know it!   (I have the feeling this will come handy...)

-

Chicky

Queen yes
Linkin Park yes

rap? eminem? sorry mann. not my scene.

my song had changed, its now Linkin Park:numb  :P

bin listening to them quite a bit recently

-OVC

Chicky

ok so now its

green day: time of your life

hehe

-OVC

dasjoe

i've just got a really good exam back, so i'm listening to some happy music:

sportfreunde stiller - ein kompliment

i suppose nobody of you knows the sportfreunde, but they are the second coolest german alternative/indie band. (although they are bavarians ::) but they moved to hamburg some time ago, way better now.)

Our Lady Peace - whatever
Our Lady Peace - not enough
Nick Cave - stagger lee
Pixies - Where's my mind
Blur - song 2
Albert Barillé and Hergé, we love you

CoffeeBob

Crush40 - What I'm made of...
The Nelsons - Team Chaotix and
Monty Python - Always look on the bright side of life
;)
Lyrics to "What I'm made of" (if anyone cares)
http://www.angelfire.com/ultra/fan-games/images/What_I_m_Made_Of.doc

Flippy_D

I just made a second CD.

Song 2, Day Tripper, Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd), Electric Counterpoint, Strange and Beautiful (that song from the mini advert), Ain't no sunshine (Bill Withers, remastered), Frontin', Re-Offender, Everybody hurts, Californication, Cum on feel the noise (quiet riot ver.), Under the Brideg (Chili peppers version), I fought the Law, Two Tribes, Smooth Criminal (Alien ant farm ver.), Beautiful Day - U2, It's like that (Run*DMC), Ace of Spades, We will Rock You.

*Edit: righto.

AGA

There's a few alright songs on there, a couple of great ones (the two Red Hots songs, for instance). A few I've never heard, and a couple I find crappy. Overall I'd give it a 6/10 :P

Btw, as I told you on IRC awhile ago, it's Run DMC, not Rum.

Blackthorne

"Miles End" - Gomez
"Hocus Pocus" - Focus
"The Scientist" - Coldplay
"Don't Dream It's Over" - Crowded House
-----------------------------------
"Enjoy Every Sandwich" - Warren Zevon

http://www.infamous-quests.com

Bluke4x4

"Too Much Time On My Hands"-Styx.

Then again, just aout any song by styx.

Rincewind

Oh dear... Now I am totally lost in the depths of Katatonia... After seeing them perform live and then listening to their tracks, I've become bitten...

If you get the chance, listen to these... Just perfect...

Katatonia - Sweet Nurse
Katatonia - Evidence
Katatonia - Teargas

AGA

Heh, there was a Welsh pop-rock band called Catatonia (with a C, not a K) that were pretty big in the UK about 5 years ago. Very different from your Katatonia, I think :P

Rincewind

Hehe, yeah, I think you're right... The ones I listen to used are Swedish, and used to play really depressive metal in the beginning with screams and suchlike, but they've become more plain rock with some progressive influences now. Still rather bleak and depressive stuff, though... :)
Their latest albums should probably appeal to most people, since they're rather "clean", or whatever you should call it...  
Heh... It's good music, anyways...

rtf

Any song by System of a Down.

They rule
I fail at art.

musicCritic

Are you sure you're not referring to the excellent group, Syndrome of a Down?

Fizz

Einstützende Neuabuten with the 1/2 mensch album

anything by cabaret voltaire or throbbing gristle

Domino

Listening to Enigma: Return To Innocence right now.

I could listen to that song over and over again.

Paper Carnival

QuoteAny song by System of a Down.

They rule

I agree, System of a Down is (along with Disciple) my favourite band. I love SOAD music, even though I don't agree with some of their ideas.

However, my favourite song of the moment is from a band I don't really like. It's Paschendale by Iron Maiden. I don't know why, I just love this song. My next favourite song is either Chop Suey (System of a Down), Back Again (Disciple), or Echelon (Pillar)

Czar

Donna Summers - Hot stuff

j/k  :P

Currently i'm listening to the Grim Fandango soundtrack, and I must say the Blue hector is tha best.
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

Mage

Babar

Right now I am listening to Tupac: Hit 'em up. I dunno.. I am just in the mood. I was listening to "California Love" of his before.
I like System of a Down too, but I don't know about their ideas, I just think their lyrics are crazy, as well as their videos. Perhaps I don't have the depth of understanding to recognise the profoundness of their music  ::). Then again, I just listen to music for entertainment.
*Edit*
Listening to Enigma: Return To Innocence right now.
Thats by Enigma? the song with all that "aaiiiaaaiiiaaaye"? I never knew that! Now I will have to look through my Enigma CDs. I am sure I heard it somewhere...

DragonRose

I've got Flashlight Brown's "Ready to Roll" stuck in my head.  The only song I know about being a Role-Playing geek.
Sssshhhh!!! No sex please, we're British!!- Pumaman

cpage

I cant have a single song it seems so these are just songs I have connected to in the last week or two

wakk a mole- My message to me
Why bother- no sense
weezer- lover in the snow
the format- on your porch/ career day
limbeck-honk and wave
lynard skynard- free bird
Blink 182- Stay together for the kids
The who- Wont get fooled again (greatest rock song of all time)/ Tommy
The beatles- Abbey Road
Less than Jake- Screws fall in.......
Ozma- the boarderline

Isegrim

"Trip to Golgatha" by Projekt Provisorium (a friend of mine, who has sold about 200 CDs of his music by now)
This post was generated automatically and therefore bears no signature.

Paper Carnival

My favourite song changes every day... Now it's:

"Hardened (Disciple)", or "Why won't you shut up" (Disciple again)

Domino

I listened to Weird Al's song about Ebay today at work, which was extremely funny.

It was a parody of a Backstreet Boys song.

I prefer Weird Al's version much better.  If you're an Ebay-er, you'll get a kick out of the song.

Rincewind

Ooh, I've got some new favourites...

Sleep - Dopesmoker (Most probably the longest song ever... 64 minutes... Guess what it's about...)
Iggy Pop - Wild America

Snake

"Living Rooms" - revis

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Jockstrap

Tomahawk - Captain Midnight

The Dillinger Escape Plan - Pig Latin
You whet my pants...

Fizz

MonkeySpank

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

Damien

QuoteNoctiferia - Fond Of Lies
Hey, I didn't know you're from Slovenia!

I heard Fond of lies, pretty good stuff, actually that's all that i heard from Noctiferia, seen the video on slo2.

I'm from Croatia, BTW.

Pet Terry

Well, got this cool song today, Breeding Pit - Don't Care If They Know

This rocks :)
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

BerserkerTails

I Believe in a Thing Called Love - The Darkness

That song rocks. Hard.
I make music.

GUK_4_Eva

Anything by these dudes. I can't get over their awesomeness.

http://www.mp3.com.au/artist.asp?id=16602

Pesty

00jon00

Im bored lol...
I listened to Mark Wills-And the Crowd goes wild, but then It finished while I was still typing so now...
GHOSTBUSTERS THEME SONG!! YEAH BABY!!!! 8)lol

Nine Toes

I just bought Mushroomhead's new album, XIII, and Damage Plan.

I can't say I was too pleased with Damage Plan... Pantera is my favorite band, and I was pissed when I heard that they broke up (...or went on hiatus, or whatever...) I thought Damage Plan was going to be a new breath of fresh air, but in my opinion it didn't even match up to Pantera.

Mushroomhead's new album is ok... there's some good stuff on that one.  "Sun Doesn't Rise" is the one that sticks out the most, and there's another one (I think it's track 11) that is somewhat depressing, but I can't help but listen to it anyway.  At the end of the CD, there's a hidden track, it's a cover of one of Seal's songs... I can't think of the name for the life of me...  When I was in high school, I took choir for about 2 years, and I always used to practice by singing along to Seal, so I enjoyed that song too.
Watch, I just killed this topic...

xenogia

I'm listening to the following:

Dream Theater - Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence
 Dream Theater - Train of Thought
 Incubus - A Crow Left to Murder
 Infected Mushroom - "ALL OF IT"
 Xenosaga OST
 Donnie Darko Soundtrack
 Meshuggah - Nothing
 Liquid Tension Experiment
 Muse - Absolution

A bit of a mixture I think

oh I almost forgot --

Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex OST

(gotta love inner universe, the theme track)

viktor

for some strange reason I've been on an old rock kick all my life. Even thou most of the musicians were alredy dead before I was born.  Curently I'm on a Led Zepplin kick.  But my all time favorite band will always be Queen. But my song of the moment is Say ,say,say from Paul Mcartney and Michael Jackson.
signature" border="0
<a target='_blank' href='https://imgbb.com/'>resurrection pictures for facebook</a>

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Ridiculous. Two active "what are you listening to" threads.

Oh well. I'll reply in both.

"Tell me Why" - The BeeGees.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Flippy_D

Daz

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v430/KnightStar05/po-ta-toes.gif << It's the potatoes, go on watch it you know you wanna

Indie Boy

the killers - sombody told me
I won't use this login.
Try IndieBoy instead

modgeulator

Right now, just listened to:

Redd Kross - Dancing Queen (Abba cover)

Domino

It isn't the song of the moment, but a song i listened to earlier on my work computer, which is stuck in my  head.

Ozzy Osbourne - Hellraiser

A song i grew to love because of GTA: San Andreas

Damien

I forgot to change the playlist in the last four hours, so it has been Metallica - Devil's Dance for that whole time.

My head's about to explode.

dasjoe

das pop - telephone love

today a new online music tv officially started broadcasting. without ringtone adds etc :)
been listening (and watching) this all day

InCreator

Nudge & Shouter - Blue Lagoon

...speakers are about to give up soon...

I had no idea that there's so much metal/rock listeners at AGSForums.

Well, so I differ.

Kinoko

Beserker and viktor, you guys freaking rock! ^_^

My fave band ever is Queen, followed closely by David Bowie and Kiss and I'm a huge Darkness fan... I go through stages and my current one is Kiss. God of Thunder, baby! >_<

Matchew

The best song of the moment was at the end of Trainspotting, when Renton was listing out the things he was going to do with his life, and then Underworld's "Born Slippy" kicks in, although the song was throughout the film, it just sounded better at the end of the film, and fitted in with the urban setting and the rapping rythm of his listing (a quality ending) ;)
matchew has spoken.............. well sort of

Babar

Right now I was listening to The Juliana Theory- Into the Dark, and then Ben e. king- Stand by me

YOke

Velvet Underground - Venus in furs
Beck - Loser
Sepultura - Rattamahatta
Erik Satie - Trois Gymnopedies
Screaming Jay Hawkins - I put a spell on you

It's what makes me tick...

Enlightenment is not something you earn, it's something you pay for the rest of your life.

dasjoe

ooh, yoke likes good musik.

just finished:
probot - shake your blood (cool band, with lemmy and dave grohl)
now:
the boondock saints movie theme :)

Blade

My personal favourite is The Police and Sting. Fav song - "Every Breath You Take". I also like some of Phil Collins, Eric Clapton, Joe Cocker... the list continues.
Studies show that 50% of the people do not know they form half of the society.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk