Post your song of the moment

Started by dasjoe, Wed 18/02/2004 21:28:06

Previous topic - Next topic

dasjoe

So,  this actually is not my own idea.. i've seen similar threads in some german forums.
but anyway, it's fun.
and very interesting to see what music others are listening to.
(oh, i'm such a nosey person ;D)

if you don't think so or this has already come up and did not work: just ignore this thread.
then i really have a reason for being depressed ;)
.oO(hmm.. i'm not really depressed. maybe later 8))

my song of the moment:

Muse - New Born
... it's quite easy being the best.

Damien

Domino

Not listening to it at this moment, but played it about an hour ago.

Saliva - Your Disease

Trapezoid

The last song a played, which is still stuck in my head, was "Milo 7" by The Velvet Teen.

Chicky

ohh muse-new born. very depressive song.

hey, join the club im depressed too anyway

my song of the moment is: The offspring-hit that

im trying to cheer up ya see

-nath

nope!

my song of the moment:

something that helps me to wake up:

Guerilla Radio - Rage Against The Machine!

Gregjazz

Does the word Jamiroquai ring a bell? :)

Nacho

Strange... I am allways singing to a different song everytime, which is called by me "The song of the moment".

It mustn't necesarilly be a fashioned one. Just one song I like.

The "Farl's song of the moment" is: A man of constant sorrow, by the picture "O brother, where are thou"
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

TheYak

Bela Fleck & The Flecktones - Centrifuge

Technically a jazz band.. more like eclectic instrumentals.

Haddas

Love is gonna save us - Benny Benassi
*oomph* *oomph* *oomph*

LGM

Kelly and Ozzy Ozbourne - Changes..

Yea yea, shutup
You. Me. Denny's.

LordHart

Well, I alternate between songs all the time... but here are a few I usually listen to all the time.

AC/DC - Long Way to the Top
Sugarhill Gang - Rappers Delight
m0ds - Not Ready (cant get enough of m0ds sexy voice :P)
Van Halen - Panama
Pseudo Echo - Funky Town
Queen - Greatest Hits 1
MC Hammer - U Cant Touch This
Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby

Other than that I cant think of much else. The guys on IRC have seen my choice of music as I seem to announce it every now and then when the room is going a bit slow. :P

Nine Toes

Watch, I just killed this topic...

remixor

Quote from: YakSpit on Wed 18/02/2004 23:22:26
Bela Fleck & The Flecktones - Centrifuge

Technically a jazz band.. more like eclectic instrumentals.

I wouldn't really call them jazz.  Whatever they are, it is awesome.  I saw them live, and it was easily one of the best shows I've ever seen.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

TheYak

I'm not really sure what to call 'em either but the Wherehouse & local mom & pop CD store both swear it's jazz.  I think it's because of that play-it-by-ear coffee shop sound they've got.  In any case, amazing stuff.  I'm also rather taken with GSYBE (tnx, Btw) but can't find anything legal to buy anywhere in town so have only got .mp3s.

remixor

I've heard them often described as bluegrass, but that doesn't seem altogether accurate either.  Doesn't really matter either way, really.

GYBE can sometimes be hard to find, since they're signed to an independant label, but I'm usually able to find them at larger places like Tower.  I suppose you could always use Amazon or something as well.  I don't remember what I've recommended to you so far, but in terms of albums I'd probably recommend Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven, then F#A#(infinity), then Slow Riot for New Zero Kanada, then Yanqui U.X.O.  Slow Riot is an EP, the rest are full-length releases.

TheYak

Yep, probably have to do the on-line thing.  I don't know San Francisco for sh** and my little town has 2 music stores with any kind of selection.  

As far as BF goes, I don't think you can categorize it in a specific genre. I've heard stuff by them that strongly resembles: Bluegrass, Classical, Modern Jazz, New Age, Easy Listening, Rockabilly, et al.  I think I'll just classify the group as "Musicians" and leave it at that.  For that matter, I can't think of much categorization for GYBE either, somewhere in a mixture of rock, industrial, instrumental . . . maybe that's why I can't find 'em.

remixor

The official genre of GYBE is "post-rock", but they're really one of the very few good bands in that genre.  Most of the rest of them sort of have the right idea but they generally suck or are completely bland and derivative.

SSH

Why does everybody (with a few exceptions) seem to be into stuff that I've never ever heard of?

For me it's Nelly Furtado's Powerless

or when with my daughter, "Row, row, row your boat" or the Map song from Dora the Explorer

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk