Rolf und Joachim - A World War II Adventure (12/13/03 - Updated)

Started by ScottDoom, Wed 12/11/2003 02:37:51

Previous topic - Next topic

InCreator

Well, I was still doubting in animating such detailed and huge characters so I tried to draw a character by myself, in your "Rolf and Joachim"-style. Ok, It's animatable, but I also understand that it's a big and difficult mission you're doing. Can't wait to see some results!
btw, character, which supposed to be Soviet army officer, (supposed, because I don't know much about SA uniforms) is here:

Interference

Nice officer. Looks like the bastard child of Adolf Hitler and Stalin.

Here's my work-in-progress Kubelwagen, as promised:

Very work-in-progress. I signed up to the forums, by the way, but thought I'd post this here since its only a demonstration.
-- Interference

"Wasting people's valuable time since 1984"

ScottDoom

That looks amazing, but we will need it to be grey rather than tan because of its location. The tan ones were usually used in northern Africa in the Afrika Korps, and the grey ones were used on the Russian front, and I believe they were also used in Europe.

That's not to hard to do though. The final colors should be something like this:

Interference

Woops. Okey-dokey. Easy mistake, I suppose. I should pay more attention when playing all those WW2 games.. It's a slightly bluey-grey, right?

I'll finish off the image some time this week. Isn't the canvas roof usually a muddy green though (sometimes lime green). At least I *think* it usually is.. My knowledge from Airfix models would suggest this, anyhow.
-- Interference

ScottDoom

Yes, some of them are a grey-blue such as this one. I based my colors off of this photo. I don't think I've ever seen a Kubelwagen with a green top. It's usually a tan color. Changing colors is easy (at least it is with Paint Shop Pro 7), and I can experiment with them after you're finished.

Interference

This photo of an Airfix model:

www.hisinsa.com/hisinsa/graficos/CENTURYTOY/10123.jpg

seems to be the muddy green I was talking about. Not sure, could be brown. This one is definetly green, though:

http://gebirgsjager40.com/images/kubel15701.jpg
-- Interference

Vin Driesel

Hi there.

I happened to read this thread, and I must say I'm quite interested... The character designs look really nice, but I must suggest you'd better try to draw everything yourself, and don't go overpainting existing pictures. The image you get just isn't vivid enough and puts itself into a sharp contrast with your (really nice looking) character style.

Now, I'm writing from what they call "the battlefield of Europe", or "Flanders Fields" :) Here in Belgium, it seems to be the ideal spot to go and kill each other. I've been doing some research in the Flemish bibliography on the war (I wanted to make a WWII game myself until I met this thread) and I'm glad to see you guys did too.

Don't you still need some typical Waffen-SS type of Kraut soldiers? I've drawn some, if you like. I'll post 'em here, you see what you wanna do with it... They 're just coloured sketches...

Danke schön für Ihren Achtung und auf Wiedersehen...

P.S.: I'm kind of colour-blind, so if the colours aren't right (I'm having my doubts about the KAR 98 buttstock colour) don't shoot me...

köln

That looks really good!
To bad noone has responded  ???

Capn MucousArts

Thats simply Uber Cool El Drey 8)
YARR!! Shiver me Timbers!!
ScottDoom wanna join me for a cup o' grog?...Cheers matey!!

Chicky

Capn MucousArts

oops...sorry :-X
i really didnt mean to revive this thread or anything...just a comment...coz i chked the awesome art and cool concepts of those guys just yesterday...'cuse me again.

Mephistophilis

How Dead is it?
Dead dead
Or on hold Dead
or Carrying on with the Game so too buy to use forums
Sign Here           Mephistophilis

Mephistophilis

How Dead is it?
Dead dead
Or on hold Dead
or Carrying on with the Game so too buy to use forums
Sign Here           Mephistophilis

ScottDoom

It's... dead. The project was way too big (150 rooms). If I had a real development team, then maybe.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk