AGS MiniGolf

Started by Kweepa, Sun 22/02/2004 19:46:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregjazz

This game is going to be really awesome. I was playing the demo, and I can really feel that this is going to be a great game. It's just so fun!

You might consider making a multiplayer version in the future, using avo's TCP/IP plugin.

Kweepa

Cheers!
Any chance of an Apprentice hole?
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Gregjazz

Hmmm... I'll have to see if I can get Big Brother to draw one for you. I'll ask him!

Nacho

I made another course following Darth Mandarb's style, which rocks....

It is called: Arizona Scott and the twin-designed slope.

It matches in the "future AGS games" cathegory.

As the name says, the main difficulty are two twin slopes, and I think the pair could be 4.

Here is a shot in Gif:

And here is the *.bmp that the creator will have to download to make me the honour of including the course, if proceed...

http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/MinoGolfArizona.bmp

P.S. Yes... I wrote "minogolf" when I saved the files  :P

P.S.S. Lol... I'm with stupid! ;D
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Kweepa

Fabulous!
It's in the latest version, unavailable for now!

Along with
- Haddas' hole
- title screen
- scoreboard (although these are not in DM's style!)

Steve

Kal-El

Hehe...this look cool. I'm downloading now!

Your pal, Daz.

MrColossal

love it,

the only complaint i have is it needs a unified style. the holes are so different from one another and it's confusing

but as it's a work in progress awesome so far
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Esseb

I love it also and I agree with eric in that they need a coherent style.

I think you would save yourself a lot of trouble if you let the plugin handle a lot more than simply the floating point operations. That way you could implement the "cheat" suggested before and make the levels easier to set up if you for instance create a simple program to define the walls and holes of levels and store it in ascii files the plugin reads.

deltamatrix

Very very good.

I sense a 2004 AGS award on its way. ;)
BAD WOLF - TORCHWOOD - MR SAXON - THE BEES ARE DISAPPEARING - PANDORICA - RIVER SONG

Moox

brilliant!

Mandarb, would u mind creating a piece pack with your grass and wood sides

Kweepa

Esseb,
As long as the holes stay 2d, it's the work of 5 minutes to put one in the game (I have a special room which allows me to "draw" the walls, and write them out to a text file), so I'm not saving myself any trouble any more by adding to the plugin.
Agreed about the style. I was hoping theming them after AGS games would obviate the need for overall coherency. Doesn't seem to be working - I haven't had any real themed contributions. And then Darth had to supply his pseudo-3d hole, the swine :)
Cheers,
Steve

Moox

Hmm, i could make you a cursor!

MillsJROSS

The light green whole represents Ace's gravity well.

-MillsJROSS

Esseb

My post disappeared due to the forum mishaps so I'll write a shortened version.

Here's a 6da course. I don't want to detail it untill a uniform look for the courses is decided on. I vote against Darth's perspective because despite how good it looks, it's impractical for detailed courses.

I tried to make my course as close to the 6da universe as possible, hence the chalk outline of a dead body and also a guitar case (with golf clubs instead of a rifle) would be placed next to the course somewhere (and I would draw a ground not let the course float in space).

Also I tried to somehow incorparate the puzzles and situations from the game into the course. The red squares that pop up are supposed to resemble the shades you must close in the game, hence you can only pass it with your ball when they're "closed".

The planks you must pass through is the wall you must break open to find the camera, I'm not too pleased with this analogy but it's good enough for a golf course.

The 5 holes at the end before the final hole represents the windows in the game, only onfe of which houses the assassin, or in this case leads onto the final section. Choose wrong and you end up in the water (you're dead) via the currently very ugly tube and must restart.

The light source is in the upper right which should let you figure out which way the slopes go. You might want to omit the first slope down (the brightly coloured one) before the shades.

Currently it's a bit hard to see which parts of the course are higher than the other, hopefully this will be more apparant when the ground is drawn.

Edit: Oh, the white ball is not part of the course, it's to show where the start is. And the chalk outline of the body was drawn in a couple of seconds only so don't hold it against me.

Edit: I drew the course so it would look it's best when stretched vertically in 320*200. Using 320*240 instead would make the courses much easier to draw if you're as anal retentive as I am.

remixor

Steve: Great work, I just downloaded the latest version and had a blast.  :)

Esseb: Geez, what is that, a par 17?
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Gregjazz

As I said before my post was erased, MillsJRoss: very disturbing. :)

Moox

Is this dead now? If so please make it open source, I would love to add a golf minigame to my current project

jason

MMM... open source would sure be delicious!  8)

sergiocornaga

Kweepa

It's not dead, it's just resting.
I've had a few things on my plate - changing job, moving country, etc.
I'll get back to it some time this year though - and the other games I'm working on...
Thanks for the course Sergio!

Steve

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk