Feb MAGS: DemonSlayer 5

Started by Squinky, Mon 23/02/2004 01:42:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Squinky

Yep, I made ANOTHER DemonSlayer game. It should be fun though...

This game features:
About 4 rooms and approximately 2 minutes playtime...
No beta-testing
Don Knotts as the badly portrayed Evil uy who was just named Don Knotts so I could meet the requirments of the Comp....

And much, oh so much more!

Get it here:
http://sylpher.com/squinkyproductions/Dem5.zip

Bluke4x4

2 bugs right off: you can break into the shed twice, and when walking into the EVIL lair after being punched, the Zombie Lord's hand is still up.
I can't get past
Spoiler
this part; I have the book, the connected magnet and rope, the axe, the root, the lighter, the shotgun, and I think I have to get the Zombie Lord's armor, and if I do, how? Please help.
[close]

Squinky

Yeah, there was no time for the beta-testing, so I figured there'd be little probs like that...

Spoiler
You need to get the garbage can from the lake
[close]

ElaineMc

What I found most impressive, was the use of Freudian imagery displayed so prominently within the three main characters. Clearly, the Evil Don Knotts is a variation on the superego, while the Sandwich acts as Id, and Bert the Badass as the Ego, trying to strike a balance between the two. The psychological tension between Don and Bert underlines this effectively; however, it's the desertion of the Sandwich that naturally provokes interest.

Was the intent to demonstrate the dangers of our own unbridled instinct to flee, rather than face, our troubles, or simply to provide an alternative to violence?

Either way, DemonSlayer 5 is guaranteed to provide hours of in-depth contemplation of human nature.

Also the opportunity to destroy Don Knotts. And who can resist *that*?

Translation: Loved the game! Nice and compact, effective graphics, fun characters.
1. Never make unnecessary noise.
2. Never use unnecessary light.
3. Never expect a rescue.
Outrider - Zombies exist. Deal with them.

Squinky

Yes, you somehow managed to figure out the deeper meaning to my little game here. For that you win my respect, and this picture of Don Knotts. Use them both well....

MrColossal

hehe i loved it Squinky

i loved the mouse over for the lawnmower woop woop long live bert

[did the sandwich always have glasses?]
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

rtf

Yay!  Awesome game!

I loved the graphics, and the dialogs, and the music, and the characters, and everything!
Great job, Squinky!
I fail at art.

Gord10

I loved it, too.(But I didn't like the music.)
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

Squinky

Eric

Yes, oddly enough, the sandwich has always had glasses....I'm glad it brough tyou some measure of enjoyment...Rock on with the Don knotts guy picture...heh

Frog and Gord

Thanks! I've enjoyed your mags entrys also...but I will admit that I didn't like the music on this game so much either, it's just that I've used trapezoids music pack so much, even I'm getting a little sick of it...

ElaineMc

Quote from: Squinky on Tue 24/02/2004 03:07:25
For that you win my respect, and this picture of Don Knotts. Use them both well....

Dear lord. It's-- it's more amazing than I ever could have dreamed....
1. Never make unnecessary noise.
2. Never use unnecessary light.
3. Never expect a rescue.
Outrider - Zombies exist. Deal with them.

Potch

OK... sorry to bump this old thread... but I'm trying to play this game, and I can't get past the first room.Ã,  Can anybody help?

Edit:  OH geez... never mind.   :-[
The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

jetxl

Potch

Yeah, but lots of people post on these threads for that too. 
The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

jetlag

But they don't dig up a year old post.

AGA

Oh congratulations on your new moderator status, jetxl.

Squinky

So, do you still need help? 

Hope you like the game.

Potch

Oh, I figured it out!  I did like it... it was really cool.  The Demonslayer games are always fun . :-)

Squinky

On the Ags Games page, or click the link in my signature....If you play any, DemonSlayer 4 is the one to play.....

Potch

SEE SEE SEE.... It WASN'T so bad that I bumped this thread!  Now somebody wants to go back and play all the other Demonslayer games.  See... I gave the author some more publicity!  :P

Squinky

Quote from: Potch on Mon 21/03/2005 16:54:20
SEE SEE SEE.... It WASN'T so bad that I bumped this thread!  Now somebody wants to go back and play all the other Demonslayer games.  See... I gave the author some more publicity!  :P

Damn straight, Potch, heh....

Tuntis, where are you at in DemonSlayer 4?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk