Arizona Scott and the King´s sword promthread

Started by Nacho, Wed 25/02/2004 15:08:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Nacho

-----------------------------------

Farlander presents:

In a creative association with twin-design:

ARIZONA SCOTT AND THE KING'S SWORD:

Apparently, although the War has started and only a few brave pilots stand between Hitler and the total defeat of Brittain, nothing has changed a lot in the Barnett College.

Marcus is again receiving Major Eaton, the agent of the intelligence service of the Army, who is, again, looking for Dr. Jones.

It seems that that crazy old buckett-head is now searching for the legendary sword of King Arthur, Excalibur!

There is only a problem... Dr. Jones is at Bolivia, and he won't be able to help the Free World this time...

Will be the newbie hero Winston Chester Arizona Scott be able to save the World without the help of his teacher, Dr. Jones???

------------------------------

As you can see, the preproduction has started, and I can't really say a lot... Just that I like the story and I won't give up, so, while I stay in AGS, this game will be in production.

I have the inmense pleasure to announce that Jeremy (Better known as Darth Mandarb) of twin-design, will have total freedom to get involved in whatever aspect he wants in this game, and I can say that he will help me with the graphics. Further collaborations have a lot of chances  :) (Possibly a webpage).

We can also count with a musician with experience in the sound made by John Williams  ;).

I want to thank Lorena, SSH, and Yaksplit for aiding me in tracing the early lines of the plot.

Thanks for Vel for aiming me to some interesting links about history.

If someone want to PM inquiring for more, even the possibility of offer any kind of help, don't hesitate and do it!

~Nacho.

Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Inkoddi

Nice, Farlander! Really looking forward to this game  ;)

The letter is full of typos and stuff... I'll ouch it up a bit...

not perfect but anyway:

(place, date)

Marcus,

I'm not really sure I understood your previous letter.

So, our beloved pupil Winston Chester "Arizona" Scott is not joining the Eagle Squadron after all, sounds like good news!

But what about the rest of your letter? [argh]You mean that Arizona now embarked on such a dangerous adventure![/argh]
What can possibly be more dangerous than (insert proper word for air combat here) against the Nazis?

Marcus?!

Indy

Nacho

Thanks for the revisiting of the Inkoddi... I'll probably use it some day, maybe in the web, But we will leave here the previous with typos ' cos I don't want to abuse of Neole's free space...

Thanks anyway!

SSH

Wahey! Any game with my name mentioned in the credits somewhere must be good ;) I'll offer you help with scripting, puzzle design and proofreading too if you like! Just a couple fo things: the last line of the letter might be better as "What can possibly be more dangeorus than fighting in the Battle of Britain?"

and "Sword of the King" sounds more dramatic than "King's sword" to my ear. And Indy-related stories don't necessarily have to have the name of the Mcguffin in them, anyway. "The Last Crusade" didn't, and neither did Temple of Doom, really.

but I'm really looking forward to this. It might be nearly as good as the Sphinx game!

Nacho

Ok Ok... I'll revisit the letter... ¬_¬

And... That MCGuffin stuff has no sense for me...  ???

Edit: Yes... I should have made clear that Arizona Scott was going to became a pilo of the "Eagle squadron", formed by american pilots, who fought in the Battle of Brittain.

So... It's flight against the nazis, not "fight"... No typo there!

And about using the genitive "nazi's" in spite of the plural "nazis"... It's  been a typo to honour M0ds! (Mittens in-joke) ;)

SSH

Quote from: Farlander on Wed 25/02/2004 16:15:02
And... That MCGuffin stuff has no sense for me...  ???

McGuffin is a movie term for the thing that everyone is after
In ROTLA: The Ark of the covenant
In Last Crusade: The Holy Grail
In FOY: The fountain of youth
In Broken Sword: The Sword of Baphomet

So... It's flight against the nazis, not "fight"... No typo there!

except that it should be "flying", not "flight"

Privateer Puddin'

Kweepa

Dear Farlander,

I'm not really sure I've understood your previous letter...

Steve
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Chicky

WOW!

really looking ofrward to it farlander, cant wait to see a background  ;D

keep it up

-OVC

Nacho

Quote from: SteveMcCrea on Wed 25/02/2004 18:01:32
Dear Farlander,

I'm not really sure I've understood your previous letter...

Steve

I can understand you... My English sucks...  :'(

BTW, read the revisited versions below ^_^

OVC: One screenshot...

Seen before, but it will work ^_^

Chicky

OHH YEH!

i remeber, kool thanks

Kweepa

Your artwork is superb!
Looking forward to this game...
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Nine Toes

Say, Farl...

The game looks good! ;)  But... what's up with Arizona's feet?  I'm not trying to insult your drawing skills... but they kinda look like clown feet... :-\

Never the less, your graphics are great!
Watch, I just killed this topic...

HillBilly

Quote from: Dr. Jekyll?~MR. HYDE! on Sun 29/02/2004 18:00:32
But... what's up with Arizona's feet?  I'm not trying to insult your drawing skills... but they kinda look like clown feet... :-\

I think the proper word would be "shoes".

*Looks smart*

;D Anyway, I'm looking forward to this game, like everybody else. Any idea when it's done?

Moox

Will there be any action in this game such as gunfights or chases?

Nacho

Hello people... Sorry about the delay, but my poor comp has dead and I'm writing from dad's...

I think that my computer will have a special appearance in Sully's "The dead walk" as the zombie computer... ;D

I don't see that the big shoes spoil the whole graphics actually... maybe they're a little too big, but I don't want to make them totally realistic, notice that the legs are also too big for the body.

BTW, I'll take a look to the whole animation as soon as I'll re-install the backup of my files in my reborn comp. Removing 3 or 4 pixels won't be a problem, specially considering that the main character has a vital importance in the feeling of the game.

And yes... This game is aimed to be a memorial of the good old Indy games, so, laberinths and fights, my friends...

My idea is to make a whole section with the graphic reference of the well known Darth's Mandarb "JP and Cosmo", actually, but he will have to agree, as he is the co-director.

No gunfights, as one of the main characteristic of Arizona is not using gun or wig. This is not a complete parody of Herr Jones.  :)

And don't be too excited about the game... the scheduled release is for X-mas 2005. :o

SSH

Quote from: Farlander on Mon 01/03/2004 09:39:49
No gunfights, as one of the main characteristic of Arizona is not using gun or wig.

Thank goodness. There are too many American-influenced adventure/action heros who pack a "hairpiece" , just because the Americans have in their constitution "The right to bare heads". Do we really need to see someone getting blown away by a toupee? No.

In other words, Farlander: do you really mean "wig"?

big brother

Mom's Robot Oil. Made with 10% more love than the next leading brand.
("Mom" and "love" are registered trademarks of Mom-Corp.)

Nacho

Lol! Yes... I meant whip... Stupid silly spaniard....  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk