Leisure Suit Larry 2 Point and Click

Started by Rui 'Trovatore' Pires, Thu 26/02/2004 22:16:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

As for the first paragraph - Thanks a lot! I worked very hard for that precise thing to happen!

Second - There's a Disclaimer in the instalation program, and I believe one of sorts in the manual. In any case, I do refer, at several points, that none of it, except for the AGS port, is my creation. The biggest proof of these is the credits in the intro sequence, which I have left, for this purpose, untouched.

Third - Al Lowe has given me permission. I tried to check with Sierra, but could never contact them. If VU ever tries to sue me without a fair warning, I'll just stick all the disclaimers under their nose and remove my game from the web. If they give me fair warning, I'll simply remove it. And anyway, I'm pretty sure I saw this game on some abandonware sites some time ago, that was one of the reasons I thought was OK.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

anonymous

Quote from: redruM on Thu 22/04/2004 20:15:38Second - There's a Disclaimer in the instalation program, and I believe one of sorts in the manual. In any case, I do refer, at several points, that none of it, except for the AGS port, is my creation. The biggest proof of these is the credits in the intro sequence, which I have left, for this purpose, untouched.

Third - Al Lowe has given me permission. I tried to check with Sierra, but could never contact them. If VU ever tries to sue me without a fair warning, I'll just stick all the disclaimers under their nose and remove my game from the web. If they give me fair warning, I'll simply remove it. And anyway, I'm pretty sure I saw this game on some abandonware sites some time ago, that was one of the reasons I thought was OK.
Ah sorry! I never watched the introduction... ever... not even in the original Larry :o. Now I actually get the story too, thanks ;D. ... I guess the introduction is enough credit to the authors.

Anyway, I doubt it that you'll ever get sued for this. But you never know - I wouldn't worry though. Just wanted to know how you felt about it.

Great work.

anonymous

Quote from: anonymous on Fri 23/04/2004 03:06:38
Ah sorry! I never watched the introduction... ever... not even in the original Larry :o.
Not even when I used to play the original Larry 2, that is.

I'm sure everybody knows that Larry 2 isn't your creation and they all know that it was created by Sierra and Al Lowe. So the crediting thing isn't really a problem anyway, I just thought it'd be nice to have an "about" button in there somewhere where the names of the people don't flash by so quickly...

rock on

wow :::round of applause::: you remake is dope its dead on from what i seem

you should do lsl 3 i know sommeone else was working i dono if thay still are or not ......but since your dead on you should do one to

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

As far as I know, Timosity's still working on it. I wouldn't dream of stealing his great work - and the bit he sent me (quite) a while ago IS great, much better than mine. Really! Keep your eyes open for his remake!

Kneel. Now.

rockon

thats cool be nice to hear an update tho  ::)

saraaah90

um hey...today i downloaded the game from the link mentioned at the beginning. The game is awesome, but in this version, i am unable to retrieve sunscreen from the drug store...i've 'looked' everywhere but the message that keeps appearing is that nothing present in the shop would interest larry...so, can anyone help me?

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

This belongs in the Hints and Tips forum.

The sunscreen is the row of bottles on the left side of the drugstore.

Kneel. Now.

saraaah90

I finally finished...the game is SO kewl! Any other point and click versions of leisure suit larry?

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Other than Sierra's LSL1VGA and Timosity's coming LSL3?  ;)

Kneel. Now.

GarageGothic

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Never thought I'd reply to this thread again, really... ah well.

People have been reporting a bug for a while now, concerning entering the docks. I've never spotted the bug on my machine, and the error message people kept suplying didn't make sense. But now a player decided to send me a savegame, and I think I've nailed it, although why the error message pointed to line 219 in the script (or something) when the mistake was in the whereanouts of line 430 I'll never know.

Oh, I've also extended the time you can be on the boat before Mama gets you... and I do believe I've FINALLY and COMPLETELY fixed the cliff bug.

Download link... same as ever, folks!

Kneel. Now.

Gilbert

Is the file on AGS's site updated as well? Because I cant download it via your link here.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

I think so... but don't use the freewebs link. Use the mirror/AGA link.

Kneel. Now.

Drew

Not meaning to bring an old thread up...but...is there an update for the part where Larry keeps falling off the cliff at the third (or was it fourth) edge? The game just hangs there with Larry always falling, pulling himself up, and repeating...

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Er, yeah, the version I uploaded 2 posts ago... :P

Kneel. Now.

Drew

I downloaded it from the AGA / Mirror link that was provided in your very first post and that was the one that had this bug...or is there some post that I might have missed out...? *goes looking around*

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Blast... I thought I had it licked... you downloaded it AFTER 02 Jul 2004, 06:58, right? Oh well. Back to the drawing board.

Kneel. Now.

Drew

Yeah...definitely...I think I downloaded it just 3 days ago...

-

Hi, I am at the forums again!  ;)

I downloaded your version of LSL 2 some days ago and now I finished it (I could never finish the parser version, so you helped me a lot!)

I know I should not say that about a classic adventuregame, but I enjoyed it more than Al Lowes Parserversion.

And the next question: Can you please make a point & click - version of Larry III?
(this is the only one I did not finish yet!  ::) )

By the way the old LSL-games are great...
but my favorite will ever be LSL 6. I really love this part. And the graphics of this game are absolutly unique in the adventuregenre.  :-*

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk