Leisure Suit Larry 2 Point and Click

Started by Rui 'Trovatore' Pires, Thu 26/02/2004 22:16:20

Previous topic - Next topic

splat44

Quote from: Rui "Puss in Boots" Pires on Sat 08/01/2005 14:26:00
Look, I have no idea what you're talking about. As far as I know and have experimented, you CAN'T even extract anything in the files unless you have both of them. And since I used WINRar to compress the exe file into 2 shorter files (plus my incomphrehension of what you mean) I can only assume you have made a mistake somewhere.

1 - The install file is almost 6 MBs, too big for me to upload.
2 - I divided it in 2.
3 - I have uploaded both.

How can either of the files possibly, conceivably have everything? Especially since the game itself is almost 20MBs? Also, I do not believe there are any conflicts. So far, the only conflict has been a user that hadn't fully understood how Winrar works. A small mistake that could happen to anyone, but it is by no means my mistake.

Hi,

Perhaps, I don't clearly understand how winrar work but I do know that winrar has option
in creating an SFX archive (Exe file) and spliting into smaller files.

Since you said the The install file is almost 6 MBs and you divided that into 2 file,
I suggest to back your original install file to compress it using winrar.

When creating an (SFS) or EXE archive, usually winrar has ways to spliting
that into smaller files according to your specifications.

In other words,
Winrar creates first file as EXE and creates remain files at part1...and so on.

Therefore by spliting into 2 file, files below should be as follows:
"lar.part1.exe"
"lar.part2.rar"

I hope that provide extra helps.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Ah, I know what you mean... and it sounds like a WONDERFUL idea. That way users won't need WinRar. It's a bit redundant since most people do, but it IS much more user friendly. Although it is not aesthetic (sp?) to have an install.exe file inside an exe archive...

...I'll give it some thought. Thank you.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

splat44

That Great!,

It quite possible that winar split your archive in more than 2 files just to warn you though!

However, I'm glad to have provide some helps.

Good luck

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk