Another World announcement

Started by Theories, Fri 27/02/2004 13:01:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Theories

Okay, so I'm new to these boards, but I thought that I didn't want to registrer unless I had something to say, and finally today I have!

Theories Soft. proudly presents Another World. The game is a 2D adventure game with 3D charecters and objects and handdrawn backgrounds - and it is based on the AGS engine.

The game takes place in the near future where Simon J. Nielsen wakes up in the ward in a abandoned hospital and he don't remember a single thing. But before leaving the hospital he realises that this isn't his only problem... He actually realises that when he gets out of the bed.

The story is inspired by 28 days Later, Blade Runner, Brave New World and other books like these. But most comes from my own imagination.

I you want to know more about the game visit the website at http://www.theories.dk/games/another_world/

If you want to know more about Theories Soft. please use this link: http://www.theories.dk

BTW, If you're a talented 2D or 3D artist visit the jobs section.

Hope to see you at the website.

Totoro

Good luck. The general mood sounds very exciting, I hope you will post some screenshots soon (some people actually get angry when you post here without showing screenshots...).  :)

Nacho

Yup... Screenshots are cool ^_^... BTW, there was a famous game by delphine software (?) Called Another world, I don't know if you knew that, maybe you'll want to change the name?

P.S. AGS is IMO for people developing games, not necessarilly for people who has finished games, so, don't be so shy and post more if you want.

Welcome to the community.
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

deltamatrix

Can I just say the name Another World is already taken!

An truly excellent game by Delphine software and I'd recommend it if you ain't played it before.

Anyway, the point is, you should change the name.
BAD WOLF - TORCHWOOD - MR SAXON - THE BEES ARE DISAPPEARING - PANDORICA - RIVER SONG

Gregjazz

Ach, don't you hate it when a name is already taken like that? Maybe name it something that sounds similar, like "A Never World". :)

You didn't post any screenshots, but it's great that you gave us a summary of the storyline setting. That's cool, too.

It sounds like you have a pretty good vision for the game, and I wish you best of luck with the scripting, art, and music. This could be a hit!

Peter Thomas

*Investigate the environment day and night, in sunny or reainy weather.

Coolness! I get bored with the ever-sunny concept. First time I played Pleurghburg and saw mist I was  :o

*Between 20-30 hours of gameplay.

This be cool. I approve greatly.

PLUS your site is VERY professional. It's the kind of thing you'd expect someone from an established company like Gaspop to put up.

One thing, you might want to fix up some of the spelling mistakes. But that's just my niggle. Apart from that, this looks like a KICK@$$ Game!!
Peter: "Being faggy isn't bad!"
AGA: "Shush, FAG!"

Fizz

Sounds really cool. You site says your looking for people to join your team? id be happy to help out. i don't have anything out yet, but ive done a lot of pixel pushing before, also, i do oil paintings and i would love to try and make some of them into backgrounds ofr a game... im from denmark as well, so we eont have any problems language wise, hehe. tell me what you think of it!

-patrick

Theories

Sounds really nice Fizz. Please send me an email at henrik@theories.dk and I'll return as soon as I get it. Oil painting sounds really nice to me, so that would be very cool.

And by changing the name. I'm in a think tank about that one, and I will change the name, but as it goes now it will be a working title only so I hope you think that's okay. Any sugestions?

Btw I'm glad to hear that most off you like the idea, and to all of you I believe I will post the whole synopsis of the game here and on the homepage by tomorrow.

Today has been a lot of writing and I expect the that the manuscript and design document will have the first versions done in a matter of days.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk