JammieGirl and Cat: 35% done

Started by meowy, Sat 28/02/2004 06:37:40

Previous topic - Next topic

meowy

I guess it's time I say hi :)

Been reading for a couple weeks now I guess, while I've been playing with AGS and playing lots of games people have made with it.  I am still confused on a few things, but so far so good.  My game hasn't imploded on itself yet.  The first game I'm working on is mostly so I can learn how to do things.  I practiced a dialog script yesterday (and it works woohoo).   Inside Dog's house, Dog and Cat fight (verbally) over a dog bone and soggy carpet. :)

I'm trying to read through most of the older posts before I go making a newb of myself by asking questions haha.  I'm guessing since I can't find anyone else who's asked before, it must be an obvious answer so I'll keep looking around in the docs for now.

I guess it's hmm 35% done?  I have JammieGirl and Cat sprites animated.  Dog doesn't actually have any animation in this one, so he's done for now.  The backgrounds for four areas are done, and there's a couple more to add.  Small game.  Half the inventory items are done too.  No music yet, still searching through midis I can find online for free use.  My music creation skills would hold my game up for years to come hehe.

Characters:
Cat - A cat.  A brown, scrawny cat.
Dog - Yep, a dog.  He's brown/white and grouchy.
JammieGirl - Young girl in pink pajamas, wearing bunny slippers.  She feeds Cat.

Storyline:
Cat's on a quest for the Golden Fish of Happiness.  That's it.. that's the whole game!  JammieGirl really has no meaningful part in this game, but in the next she will.

Screenshots:
Outside Dog's House

Inside Dog's House
- meowy

WanderLady

Everything looks really nice, meowy.

The Golden Fish of Happiness...ha...looking forward to it. :)

Kal-El

Hehe this looks cool...I like the different approach you're taking - animals instead of humans. It makes a refreshing change and the graphics suit the style of game a lot!

Keep up the good work! :)

Your pal, Daz.

James Kay

Happy coolness!
Stick with it and finish it! Can't wait!  ;D

Azure

This looks uber cute! I can't wait to see more!
www.voiceacting.space - Casting Calls for voice actors

meowy

Hehe thanks everyone :)

Working on it off and on today.. a shame laundry won't jump in the washer on it's own.

Goal is to get JammieGirl set up inside her house with some dialog with Cat today.
- meowy

Nacho

I think there is only oneword for this: CUTE! :)

Good luck...
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Lazy Z

That really is cute! Seems funny and refreshing. Hope you'll finish it soon!
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe. All mimsy were the borogroves and the mome raths outgrabe.'

Top-5 Games

fx10243

have midi music available for any gamers out there only stipulation is to metion our website  here is our website

SITE HERE

madgooseparade

Sounds adorable!!! Looking forward to the other 65%  ;D

Darth Mandarb

madgooseparade - read the FORUM RULES.

This thread has been dead for 15 months.

And the author of the thread hasn't been online here for over 6 months.

Sheesh ...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk