Willams Nightmare

Started by Mr_Frisby, Sun 29/02/2004 06:41:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Frisby

This is my first game, and I made it for MAGS in Nov of last year. It was made in about twelve days and so when I originally posted it, it was buggy. I was sick of it for ages and decided to leave it.  Then I gave it to a friend of mine to play and she liked it so it inspired me to fix it up. So here it is  all fixed and (just about) buggles . . buggles? I mean Bug-less.

Hope you'all enjoy it - the puzzles are pretty straight forward, but it's still pretty entertaining.

So without any further ado - Here's my first AGS
just rightclick save target as

http://www.geocities.com/monkey8myface/WNK.zip

or get it from the link @ my sitehttp://www.geocities.com/monkey8myface/monkeys8myface.html

I also decided to post a screen shot -

Hey! All my awesome trophies dissapeared in the year since I was here last. CONSARN_IT! with an underscore!!! I earned dem tings!! Oh well. Hope your Monkey floats.

Peter Thomas

This is a really creepy game! And I LOVE it!

Normally these type of games are just lame, but there's something about this one that's... different.

I adore the small-screen type thing, and those three stooges are cool (even for coloured text)
Peter: "Being faggy isn't bad!"
AGA: "Shush, FAG!"

Inkoddi

Gah! I'm stuck everywhere....

I have no idea what to do...

Spoiler
got the feather, beheaded doll, doll head, ible, sling, merged 13 and lots and lots of blood
[close]

any hints would be appreciated

Mr_Frisby

Cool Inkoddi you have every thing you need to finnish the game . . just about
Spoiler
Feathers in games are either for writting or tickling - this feathers a zombie tickler
[close]

Good luck with the rest of the game
Hey! All my awesome trophies dissapeared in the year since I was here last. CONSARN_IT! with an underscore!!! I earned dem tings!! Oh well. Hope your Monkey floats.

Inkoddi

so, I-
Spoiler
-tickled the zombie hand open, now what?
[close]

coolio game btw

HillBilly

Spoiler
Now you throw the zombie the doll, you swede! >:(
[close]

Heia Norge!  8)

Inkoddi

ah

thanks Frisby and Billy

Finally I completed it.......

Frisby, it's really good...

really

nope!

different, spooky and very good!
I like this game.

Could you do something for the double-items-in-the-inventory? The game would be perfect!

big brother

Ok, I must be slow. I'm having trouble with King Kong and the spiders. Any ideas?

The inventory items are pretty flukey so far. Like nothing happens unless you combine the items in the right order. Also, my items seem to be reproducing and recombinable. Talk about a bad dream.
Mom's Robot Oil. Made with 10% more love than the next leading brand.
("Mom" and "love" are registered trademarks of Mom-Corp.)

Mr_Frisby

Yeah the inventory thing sucks - I didn't handle them in the script so they double up - It's the only bug I couldn't figure out.

a hint for Big Brother.-

You can't really do much but follow the story until you have been through the King Kong screen about three times - when you get all the blood, solving the rest of the puzzles should be pretty easy.

big brother

I don't think the blood is the problem. I already beat the Zombie and Godzilla rooms.

nope!

You need to defeat king kong first

for king kong's case, just remember the end of the first movie.

miryoku_81

Quote from: big brother on Tue 02/03/2004 13:09:00
I don't think the blood is the problem. I already beat the Zombie and Godzilla rooms.

This puzzle took me forever to figure out via a lot of random clicking.
Spoiler
Use the severed arm from the zombie room on the flying airplane in the kind Kong scene.  I found this only works if you click on the airplane that's furthest from William (aka on the right side of the screen) which is a little bit counter-intuitive.
[close]

big brother

Ok, finished it now.

Spoiler
That last puzzle was a bit nonsensical. I mean, I only tried using the arm on the airplane when it got close because I figured it was a timing puzzle. Who would've thought you had to do the opposite, swiping the plane out of the sky when it is the farthest possible distance from ego?
[close]

The EGA graphics really reminded me of the Commander Keen series and other early Apogee games. Very nostalgic.

sergiocornaga

Man, I love those old apogee games. Monster Bash was one of my favourites. Can you believe I actually purchased the full versions of some of them? (remember, I said some)

edit: BAH. It's refusing to extract for me. Lousy winzip.

Mr_Frisby

Yeah the plane thing was my bad - It's not actually set up so that you get the furthererest one, it's usually the closest when I do it - It's just that I was trying to get the plane to dissapear when you grab it but I was slack in the programming - so I made it so as you can only grab one plane now(it was either before and it worked well), and it doesnt even dissapear - Slackness doesn't pay!!  

Thankyou to everybody that played it - it's still a pretty crappy, rushed MAGs game - but I thought it my be fun to some of you.
Thanks to those who enjoyed it , but moreso those that got annoyed by it - i'll make somthing a bit better next time.

BerserkerTails

I loved the game, just finished it. The graphics and the style of the game was brilliant. VERY cool. I look forward to yournext game Mr. Frisby.
I make music.

Snake

Man, I missed this game when it came around!

This is one of my new favorite AGS games, it rocks...haven't finished it yet though, I'm working on it :)

It's awesome anyway, the graphics and the whole concept slap the cat's ass.

The only thing that kinda bugs me is the timer. It seems to be all messed up and goes too quick, is it supposed to do that? Like say it's on 70, all of a sudden it's on 78, then 83 and so on...it seems to skip.

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Mr_Frisby

Thanx Snake.
The timer only works properly on the first round - You get one full minute per screen to check it out. Then the timer goes wonky. You can click on the timer at the start - and it says something like "Time is ticking away" Then later it will display a message "I think its broken" The broken timer is just supposed to get you panic'd - I think you get like thirty seconds (One minute every time you go through a screen seemed to be a bit boring, took too long).

P.s. poor cat :(

Snake

QuoteThe broken timer is just supposed to get you panic'd
Heh, yeah, I get panic'd.
"Shit! What do I do?! What do I do?! FFFLAAARGH!!"

*squish*

Great game :)

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk