Sam and Max 2 Cancelled! (Not Anymore)

Started by magintz, Wed 03/03/2004 19:13:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluke4x4

OK, so if you've been checking the Sam and Max page on Telltale (http://www.telltalegames.com/samandmax) you'll find lots of neat stuff, such as desktop wallpapers and such, and a well animated preview... I just hope those voices are temporary!

ALPHATT

Yeah I've heard about that. I read the article two month ago.
DAMN!!!!!!!! >:(
I really wanted to try it :'(
But here's a save sam&max page for you, i don't think they will reach something
but the "changed" lucasarts logo is funny
http://www.savesamandmax.com/
/sig

Kweepa

Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Steel Drummer

That 'Save Sam & Max' thing is bogus. They're making another Sam and Max game already. ::)
I'm composing the music for this game:

Tom S. Fox

They're making Sam and Max games! Plural!
Some are already out!

Steel Drummer

Isn't it just one game in a bunch of parts?
I'm composing the music for this game:

Bad Asp

The five-year anniversary of the cancellation of this game is coming up.

Why do I feel like I'm the only one on this planet who wants to sue Lucasarts?

Akatosh

I wasn't aware the cancellation of adventure games is a crime. Live and learn!

Bad Asp

Quote from: Akatosh on Wed 25/02/2009 06:40:39
I wasn't aware the cancellation of adventure games is a crime. Live and learn!

Well, the cancellation of THIS game should be a crime!  In fact, I've even written a petition about it suggesting an investigation of Lucasarts, because after the cancellation of that game, they did two other suspicious things.  You'll have to read my petition to see what they are.

Akatosh

So in summary,

- They pressed some contractees to release a not-completly-finished in a more profitable season.
- They didn't release something that might or might have not been fun.
- They changed an online game they own so some people now think it's not as fun as before.

Grave charges indeed... I think I can see your point. How DARE they do stuff with their own properties with which a bunch of uninvolved people disagree?! >:(

Seriously now. I'm not too happy about all of this either (except for the Star Wars: Galaxy part, since I don't play that game), and I guess at least one of these was sort of a boneheaded maneuver, but none of it is a criminal offense or "warranting an investigation".

Babar

I'm not quite sure what the problem is. There are 2(?) seasons of Sam & Max episode games out, with Steve Purcell designing and writing. Play those if you want Sam & Max?
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

DeviantGent

WE SHALL SUE THEM. IN INTERNETS COURT.

Hang on, I've got Leonard Crabs on speeddial. Someone rustle up some kale and kool-aid for his legal fees (or 'buckshot dosh' as he likes to call it) and we'll be in business.
The Deviant Gent
His Tumblr - His Twitter

AdamM

Reading that petition is hilarious. "They nerfed my class - get the Federal Trade Commission on the line!"

Bad Asp

Five years have passed...

I don't care if you want me to play the new games, I still want the old game uncancelled.  Nothing is going to change my mind.  I still don't think that what Lucasarts did was the right thing to do, and I think someone should take action.  Why are people letting Lucasarts get away with what they did?  That makes me angry! >:(

ManicMatt

FTC: "Release that old Sam and Max game immediately!"
LucasArts: "Argh!! Okay okay!"

*Sam n Max 2 sells 300 copies.*

*LucasArts go into administration*

*Bad Asp is happy*

Bad Asp, don't play my games, will you? Incase I cancel a project and you go apeshit on me.  :P

LimpingFish

I'm not sure I see the point of this, really.

Actually, I do see your point, but I don't see how anything other than how LucasArts run their business as the cause behind what you're complaining about. Similar behavior is rife in the industry, and largely unreported to the masses, and you, as a fan, are entitled to nothing.

It's just how things work, stupid and unfair though it may seem.

We lost Sam & Max 2, we lost Full Throttle 2, we probably lost a few other games that never made it past the drawing board. But shit apples, I'm afraid.

I'm sure somebody, somewhere, lamented the loss of each and every one of these games.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

I felt so betrayed when McKenzie & Co was cancelled.  I mean, really!  A game for girls, designed by the people that make a Nancy Drew game every month?  How can this plan fail?

Bad Asp, how old are you, exactly?  Because your response to a game canceled ages ago strikes me as very naive.

Bad Asp

Quote from: ProgZmax on Thu 05/03/2009 09:09:45
I felt so betrayed when McKenzie & Co was cancelled.  I mean, really!  A game for girls, designed by the people that make a Nancy Drew game every month?  How can this plan fail?

Bad Asp, how old are you, exactly?  Because your response to a game canceled ages ago strikes me as very naive.

I'm 30, in case you were wondering.

ALPHATT

I'm a horse, in case you were wondering.

Seriously though, what the heck is your problem?
I assume Telltale used up their already existing resources to create the new
Sam & Max series so you could call the series Sam & Max 2...
/sig

LimpingFish

Bad Asp isn't alone in his pursuit. People still pressure Capcom (well, in as much as a bunch of netoids can pressure a multi-million dollar corporation) to release the post-alpha-ish/pre-beta-ish version of Resident Evil 2, which was scrapped when Shinji Mikami decided he didn't like the look of it.

Hell, some people still think Valve should officially release the Dreamcast version of HalfLife!

Everybody else just shrugs.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk