rip backgrounds

Started by justme1212, Thu 11/03/2004 13:33:10

Previous topic - Next topic

justme1212

ok iv searched the net all day and the forums but want to know how to rip backgrounds from games such as larry vales and kings quest etc. i have downloaded the programs such as sci agi and scumm revisted but just cant get the backgrounds !

Minimi

Hmm... I don't believe you searching the forums all day, because yesterday someone else asked this also... but I'll answer you anyway ;)

It's rather simple! Just press printscreenbutton on your keyboard, during the game. Then open a graphicseditor, for example MSPaint. press ctrl+v to paste the picture

Your character probably overlapse some of the background, so just open the program again, and move your character and repeat the printscreen thingie! ;)

BTW... draw your own graphics!  :o

Scummbuddy

scumm revisited only works for scumm created games.

the printscreen button should work for any games.

this is not ags technical related. this thread will be locked soon. probably after another reply

TerranRich: Beat ya to it! ZING!!!
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Ben

Remember to ask permission of the author before using graphics from AGS games. I know I'd be unpleasantly surprised if I found out someone used my graphics in their game without asking. With commercial games, it's a little different, since they'll shut your game down if they find out you were ripping from them.. in gneneral, I'd suggest doing your own graphics, even if you're not an artist. It's much more satisfying to play a game that's original.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk