Tune Contest March 12th-19th

Started by MillsJROSS, Thu 11/03/2004 23:41:54

Previous topic - Next topic

MillsJROSS

It's time for a new competition...Whoo!!!!

I like these theme kind of competitions, so let's continue with one! Yay!

This one will be for the kiddies.

Imagine a baby or young kid playing with their toys, and incorporate it into your music. But wait...what's that under the bed? Oh no! You're going to need a diaper change! A monster is comming!!! Oh but here come your parents to save the day!

So what does this competition entail

1. Playful childish melody
2. a monster comming to frighten child
3. Parent's comming to save the day

Use a different noticable tempo for each of these three. The tempo change doesn't have to be sudden, you could have the piece slow down or speed up to another tempo. Length? I'd say roughly one to two minutes...you could make it longer if you wish (I'll most assuredly listen to it), as there are three themes you feel free to make them longer if they need to be for musical coherency.

Hope you have fun with this one.

-MillsJROSS

Peter Thomas

ooh. an interesting idea.

I approve. 8)
Peter: "Being faggy isn't bad!"
AGA: "Shush, FAG!"

Gregjazz

My favorite! I'll see if I have time left over from my work on my MAGS game. Oh, did I just spoil something? :)

MillsJROSS

Three more days...anyone?

-MillsJROSS

Peter Thomas

Mine's coming, I promise.

I haven't actually...erm... started mine yet, but I will soon...

truly...

Archangel (aka SoupDragon)

Boo, this is such a nice topic, yet I'm too busy/lazy to make an entry D:

Gregjazz

Well, I have completed my entry. I'm reluctant to enter it because I don't think it's very good. :)

But if nobody else is entering and you really need more contestants, I will.

Peter Thomas

Enter it, Geoff!

Go on, you KNOW you want to.....

Gregjazz

Okay, okay. But the melodies are pretty cheezy. Don't tell me I didn't warn you. :)

http://www.sonic.net/~schlae/herculeaneffort/031604entry.mp3

Peter Thomas

I actually think that's pretty cool.

I know what you mean by 'cheezy melodies', but I think that's the "problem" (wrong word) with this particular topic. Every different melody I try is cheezy, because children, monsters and heroes are all such cliched topics.

I still think this is a fun competition, but it's hard to make something original and effective whilst skipping the cheese.

EDIT: Also, Mills DID stipulate that this one was
Quotefor the kiddies...
so it's the right genre.

EDIT EDIT: Mine's still coming...  :-[

Ghormak

http://www.agagames.com/ghormak/ghormak_monster.mp3  (1,40 Mb)

I kind of like the first part, but the other parts were pretty rushed. Atleast I managed to finish it! Enjoy.
Achtung Franz! The comic

Peter Thomas

Baby Music

Forgive me for its lack of.... something. I don't know what it is exactly that bugs me about it, but I'm not fixing it, because I wrote it in about 10 minutes and now I'm tired and going to bed.

Don't hit me.

P.S - I like yours Ghormak. Really. I keep on picturing a sweet little baby being eaten, but the parents arrive JUST in time to rescue his left arm or something.

Czar

hmm, a kind of 403 (i cannot access it)
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

MillsJROSS

Same here...but you have half a day, or so to allow other users to access it.

-MillsJROSS

Peter Thomas

eh..... ok...... that site is doing weird things. I know not why.

Anyway, I'm way too lazy to do anything else, so just go to My Briefcase and sign in with these details:

Username: s016054
Password: combination31

Then go to 'Ags Mp3' and select 'Baby Music'

EDIT: In case you're wondering why I'm so careless about giving out my password etc, it's because there's nothing USEFUL on there. Unless you like listening to music....

EDITEDIT: I really don't like the last section (Hero's Theme), but eh.... I'm lazy. I was just happy I finished it.

Migs

Here's a little diddy.  I think I messed it up around the 35-second mark, but you be the judge:  ;)

EDIT: Link removed due to the song not being as jokeworthy as I thought it would be.
This signature intentionally left blank.

Czar

Hey I dl-ed it, it really nice, as are all of them, IMO, but i'm not really that good in making music, so i cant say who put most of the effort..
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

Peter Thomas

Bah! I am teh jealous, Migs. I LOOOOVE the middle section, actually, despite what you think of it's 'messed-up-edness'

I wish I could use broad instrumentation! But my silly software (WinGroove PLayer) won't allow it. It's really weird... It plays all the instruments fine ON THEIR OWN, but as soon as I mix them all into a large ensemble, it starts to record really odd. As in, the strings and harp sound like piano, and voices and brass sound like tubular bells. It is so damn annoying, being restricted to a certain instrumentation.

But anyway, enough of me. This was just to say that I approve of ALL entries.

Migs

I'm sorry.  You should realize that song was meant as a joke.  I didn't write that middle section.  I thought the song was recognizable to most gamers, adventure or no.

The rest of the song is mine, though.  Kind of ruined an otherwise perfectly half-decent song, huh?
This signature intentionally left blank.

Peter Thomas

yeah - I got it.  ;D

I obviously just suck at making jokes *sigh*....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk