Tune Contest March 12th-19th

Started by MillsJROSS, Thu 11/03/2004 23:41:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Migs

Curse the Internet and the inability to properly convey sarcasm over it!  Anyway, I slapped together an actual entry: http://www.angelfire.com/alt2/music8/notfaketunecontestentry.ogg...I actually made it quite awhile ago, and I just spliced some parts together, so feel free not to count it for the contest if you don't want.
This signature intentionally left blank.

MillsJROSS

Alright, I've got them all.

First off, let me congradulate everyone who made an entry, they all sounded excellent to me. So let me say something about each person's music, and then I'll let you know who the winner is:

Geoffkan - I like the begining, a lot. But then it starts to sound as if the baby is getting sleepy rather than a monster comming out. The parent saving the day theme sounds good, though.

Peter Thomas - The monster theme sounds kind of X-filesish for a while...I liked it. You also made a very good ending, I feel. The only complaint, is perhaps the begining, I just don't get the baby/kid feel with the piano.

Ghormak - The begining is superb. I can just picture a little kid. The monster theme also was fairly convinicing, as was the parent's saving the day theme. Though I felt you kind of ended the whole thing abrubtly.

Migs - While I like the music you made...it didn't really match the competition. It felt more, Fairly tailish then babyish, if you get what I'm saying. It was a good entry, I just didn't feel it met the specifications (sorry <insert sympathetic smiley face>)

So that said the winner is...
Spoiler
Ghormak!!!!1!11!1!!! I think this piece just stood out from the rest. All of the entry's were top notch, but the only complaint I really had about ghormaks, was I wanted more. It was a close one though...and remember, there are no losers. Just people who suX0rs!!!!! (j/k)
[close]

-MillsJROSS

Gregjazz

Congrats, Ghormak! Oh, by the way, what'd you use for that lovely cymbal sound?

Ghormak

Thanks! The cymbal (and every other instrument used in this song) is from the Edirol HQ Orchestra VSTi.

I realize that by posting here, I will bump this one ahead of the current, on-going contest. How silly. Get to work, people!
Achtung Franz! The comic

Fuzzpilz

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk