What was the first ags game you ever played?

Started by Squinky, Tue 16/03/2004 18:37:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Squinky

For me, It was Larry Vales. I then remember playing a bunch of games I can't remember, but Larry Vales is the one that sticks with me and probably the one I tried to imitate at first...

So, I pose this question for you, what was your first ever ags game (that you played) and how do you think it has affected your game creation (if at all)?

Privateer Puddin'

Larry Vales also, i remember playing i guess an old demo with roger and i think a car (but not the same bg as the current demo has) that was before i joined the community though.

edit: the demo i was talking about can be seen here: http://people.freenet.de/lucasfangames/agsdesign.jpg

edit2: "and how do you think it has affected your game creation" well, like LV3, my game is unfinished ;)

Ishmael

Hmmm.. I think it was "The Island" ;D

But I have no idea how it has affected my game creation...
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Eggie

Rob Blanc!
Which, by the way, STILL ROCKS!

After playing it, I E-mailed Yahtzee and asked what software he used. He sent me a short, but polite message giving me a link to the website.
The next day, he had to send me another short, polite E-mail telling me that the technical forums were the best place to find help...not him.

And that turned me into the prolific game-creator I am today...

Jesus...Three years.....

Chicky

mine was 6DA, after that i got kinda worried that AGS could only make one room games :P  Then i played 'earwig is angry' which didnt help... then plurghburg. You see i can remeber seeing as it was only about a year ago.

-OSC

Meowster

Pleaughrybyrb.

Wait, let me try that again.

Pluehgrhbug?

You know what I mean.

Ishmael

Might Pleurghtg.... that one been my second one then...? Just came to mind...
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Minimi

My first AGS game played, was The Uncertainty Machine. After playing that, I was so excited about AGS, but then I found out that I picked the best game of AGS as my first played game :P

It did not really effect my way of creating games, though it did gave me the vision, of once making a equal if not better game than TUM, wich probably won't happen ;)

Yeah... I've been here since April 2003, member since May

DragonRose

My first game ever was Demo Quest.  If we aren't counting that, I think it was Pleurghburg.  I think I actually spelled that right.  I think Demo Quest affected the way I make games by making me realize how simple things went together to make the game as a whole.  Pleurghburg was important because it gave me some plot inspiration for my current game.  Coolness.
Sssshhhh!!! No sex please, we're British!!- Pumaman

BerserkerTails

My first game was King's Quest I VGA by AGDI. Though I don't really count that as my first AGS game as I didn't even think to what the game was made of. The first game I played when I *KNEW* what AGS was, was Larry Vales I.

I guess it influenced me, because it was a popular and fun game, and taught me that you didn't need super purdy graphics to make an excellent game.
I make music.

shbaz

The first demo quest and then Rob Blanc 1.

I don't think it affected my game making any, because I'm making an RPG.  :D
Once I killed a man. His name was Mario, I think. His brother Luigi was upset at first, but adamant to continue on the adventure that they started together.

Ghormak

Achtung Franz! The comic

rtf

The first AGS game I ever played was "The Uncertainty Machine"
Back then I was using AGAST and I was like "Dam AGAST is rlly hrd, man!  I wi5h th3Re wuz sumthng esier 4 me!" (That was how I used to type.  Now I am sane.")

Then I played TUM and I was like "I enjoyed that game immensly, perhaps AGS is the way to go for me."
And so here I am now.

I'm younger so I have never played any of the old sierra games, (Don't ban me from the forums! :-[)

The first PNC adventure game I have ever played was Out Of Order from SLUDGE (Shareware!  Boooo!!!   >:()
I fail at art.

Lazy Z

Either King's Quest 1 remake, or Norman Cooks, though it was probably KQ. I remember finding both those games in a cd that came along with a Greek mag.  

Whichever the game was, they introduced me to AGS, and I started thinking about making my own game. One year and several cancelled projects later, I still haven't finished a game, but oh well. :P

(edit) Where is my mind?
I forgot to mention that the fact that Norman Cooks was created by a Greek guy kind of affected me, I think. The idea of a community which had members of my country sounded more appealing, I guess.
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe. All mimsy were the borogroves and the mome raths outgrabe.'

Top-5 Games

Inkoddi

Czar

I just wanted to ask, did no one have Permanent Daylight as his first one ( when you were still innocent  :D).
Since then, I'm sticking to 2ma2's web site, tho' he never updates it...
But every update (used to) mean a lot to me :))).

Anyway, about the affection, well 2ma2 is what i look upon as a row model in this adv. making. But, maybe thats because I saw him first...
And I must say I didnt play too many AGS games after... :P
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

Bluke4x4

First? Rob Blanc, but at the time, I didn't know what system it was made with. First I knew was by ags? Pleugh(?)burg. I'm still stuck in it. I shoulda searched the trash can's dead body!

Ben

Heh.. Floyd SB was my first too  ;) . Though I think I played Rob Blanc 1 around the same time.  I remember I was really impressed with both, and wanted to make my own Sci-Fi/Comedy game, but that never worked out  :P. To be honest, I don't think they have muchinfluence on me anymore, since it's been so long (about four or five years) since I last played them.

Matt Brown

Quote from: Eggie on Tue 16/03/2004 18:47:41
Rob Blanc!
Which, by the way, STILL ROCKS!

After playing it, I E-mailed Yahtzee and asked what software he used. He sent me a short, but polite message giving me a link to the website.
The next day, he had to send me another short, polite E-mail telling me that the technical forums were the best place to find help...not him.

And that turned me into the prolific game-creator I am today...

Jesus...Three years.....

this is the exact same story with me
word up

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk