What was the first ags game you ever played?

Started by Squinky, Tue 16/03/2004 18:37:26

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJBurger

The first AGS game I played...  :) It was quite a long time ago.

I think it was Pizza Quest, then maybe Pleughburg after that. Pleughburg though was the first AGS game that totally engrossed me.  ;)

Hamelkart

Larry Vales 1, but not many parts of the game remained in my memory.

Dreamer

Doh! , It does help when I read more closely. (sorry)

"The box that ate time." Wow, is all I can say. I laughed and laughed .

DeviantGent

Probably Kings Quest 1. I DID play a demo for Monkey Island 5 though.
The Deviant Gent
His Tumblr - His Twitter

UP

I first played Ben Jordan 1. And that changed my life forever! No wait, it didn't...

BorisZ

It was Calsoon. But there is another interesting thing: First adventure game I ever played was called "Adventure", and it was (I think) in 1982. It was on operating (kind of) system called PL1 (unix based as I remember) and I remember that I had to type "DMS ADV" to start it.
Now, who can beat that?

Blade

It would be Pleurghburg:Dark Ages i think. I didn't even know what was AGS then  :P Well, I cannot remember what was my first adventure game, but it surely was at an 8-bit colour computer called Amstrad with cassette recorder. Something about 1989/90.
Studies show that 50% of the people do not know they form half of the society.

ErikKiller

Mine was... A DAY IN THE FUTURE...

found it in the internet....
I can create free sites for anyone who has the need!
Helped authors:
AGS-GD

lo_res_man

Mine was kings quest 1 vga, i got kinda spoiled by that , but it didn't inspire my game style, which has yet to show its face in public, But MI2 (monkey Island) DID in spire my sprite style
†Å"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge.†
The Restroom Wall

Arrakis81

I was looking for some abandoware when I found The new adventures of Zak McKracken.
That's where it all started  8)
Double Star Entertainment HOME

Arcangel

Indie Boy

I won't use this login.
Try IndieBoy instead

Flep

6 day assasin too.
Anyway...
The best game i played was definitly 5 days a stranger.

Bartimaeus

5 Days a stranger.
Let's just say it left a good impression.
~The more adventures I go on, the more sand I get in my shoes

Anym

The first AGS game I played was Red Flagg (I think), which didn't impress me, but intrigued me enough to try out Larry Vales := which impressed me enough to try out Larry Vales II := :=, which convinced me to try out Permanent Daylight, Rob Blanc and many others and to keep an steady eye on new AGS games and give AGS a try myself, although to little avail as of now. ;)
I look just like Bobbin Threadbare.

BMF-Inc

The first AGS made game I played was King's Quest II done by the Anonomys game developers. I found out about them through the article donein the video game magazine Game informer (I think it was Game Informer) That wowed me and drew me in. it was a grand scheme, handled spectacularly, and gave a great expansion to the king's quest world. It inspired me to come here into this community and try my hand at working with my stories and scripts to make some quality games (quality for me at least..hehe)

Babyx

My first game was 5 days a stranger  :D ...i think it was also one of the best i played so far  ;)

Loco

Quest for Glory 4.5 which was also how I found AGS in the first place.

Darcness

Rob Blanc I was the first AGS game I played when I first downloaded an early AGS DOS version many years ago. I was looking for games made in AGS and Rob Blanc was the only one I could find at the time. I really enjoyed it, though.

Free the Floopians, Our first commercial indie game.

Einoo

I'm a newcomer, but, oddly, the first game I ever played in AGS was Rob Blanc 1, and then 2 and 3 (only the order I started, not finished). This was even before I played the demo game!
Now let's find out if gasoline is flammable!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk