What was the first ags game you ever played?

Started by Squinky, Tue 16/03/2004 18:37:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Muttley

Zak McKraken. tho i was quite young and had no idea wat an adventure game was nor did i know what i was doing. Still I loved playing it anyway.

Afflict

PErmanent day light by intoxicated lil bunny  that game had no puzzle quality but ill still give it a bash now and again
the whole game took a couple of mins but well worth it.

JD

Alles Euro, by Abstauber. It was in German and I barely understood any of it but it inspired me to make an adventure game. Well, it inspired me to try it :)

AGA

And 8000 abandoned projects later, here you are :D

JD

Helm

Probably Rob Blanc I? I think I tried ags then and was confused with the 256 colour-ness of it, and I e-mailed yahtzee for help. He directed me to the tech forum, and that was that. I wonder how many e-mails like mine yahtzee got those days. The first game I really really liked was probably Permanent Daylight. Hmm, it's been a few years. 
WINTERKILL

En garde!

"5 days a stranger", last week. Hooked me up on all this.

Arboris

The first game I played was from a friend of mine called Escape from the Salem Moons about 2 years ago. I'm currently helping him with a sequal to this game.

Concept shooter. Demo version 1.05

Ubel

Mine was A day in the future. It was very good game, and as I was a very bad n00b!!1!!1 with AGS at the time, I was really surprised about what features the game could have... or something... umm... nevermind... ::)

madgooseparade

Actually mine was Nght of the Hermit, which I neer finished because its too damn hard and I refuse to use walkthroughs!! After that Cirque de Zale, pure excellence  8)

=The=Brat=

PsychicHeart

Zak McKraken. Actually, it was the first Point'n'click i ever played. I didn't even realise it was AGSmade until i first found AGS. Yeah, the old Zak. At first i thought, oh what a shit,gay,gay,fucked,shit,gay game. Then i started playing and i really enjoyed it. I think that was the day i figured out that a game doesn't need fancyass graphics to be good. It's the gameplay that makes a game great or shit. Lots of kids these days (crap i sounded like a freaking old man just then ) are thinking that if a game doesn't have good graphics, then it's crap. But if i was offered something like Zak McKraken or... let me see...Medal Of Honor: Rising Sun, ( great graphics and sound, too many buttons yadayadayada ), then by god i'll pick Zak. Yeah, i know, I've made this post too long...uhh....yeh i should probably get off now.
Formerly known as Flukeblake, Flukezy etc.

voh

Permanent Daylight. That was the first. I knew it was made in AGS but I held very little interest in making PnC games - I was all into I.F. at the time (woe was me).

I started to get an interest in AGS when I learnt of Reality on the Norm - and through that I got to know Yahtzee's crap. I played the Rob Blanc series, and from that moment on I've scoured these pages for new games every couple of days.

I got to know RON through Underdogs, as I can imagine some others also did - but I got to know it because Underdogs told me about it - she knew I had a project going and told me that it might be an interesting tool in getting it done. Since, the project has become nothing more than what it was - a project. But I thank her every day for introducing me to AGS :)

Oldgames be my passion. *sniff* I miss being in the abware sceneÃ,  :-\
Still here.

Akumayo

my first game to play was five-o-clock lock, weird puzzles, few rooms, but oh so hilarious
"Power is not a means - it is an end."

IM NOT TEH SPAM

I think it was that game about how bluecup ran away from CJ and you had to track it down.  I remember enjoying it thoroughly, but I really don't remember why...
APPARENTLY IM ON A "TROLLING SPREE"

Corey

Ben Jordan: pernomal invistigater Case 4 horror at number 50  :)

Greatest thrill
Not to kill
But to have the prize of the night
Hypocrite
Wannabe friend
13th disciple who betrayed me for nothing!

Bluke4x4

Pleurghburg. At the time I was eight. I got stuck at the morgue because I didn't check a dead guy's body.

ThreeOhFour

Rob Blanc 1. I had no Idea what ags was, played rob blanc 1,2 & 3, Permanent daylight, Larry vales, Ben Jordan 1, and even was invited to help a friend on his ags game that was never completed. A couple of years later I saw the Apprentice II featured in a computer games magazine, checked it out, and here I am.

Mugs

The first five AGS games I've ever played:

#1 - Permanent Daylight

#2 - Larry Vales II - Dead Girls are Easy

#3 - P:DA

#4 - 6DA (doesn't seem to work on my PC anymore.Ã,  :(Ã,  )

#5 - Larry Vales - Traffic Division

Cool stuff I found out: Men are four times more likely to be struck by lightning than women.  Wow, really? [dirty joke] Maybe this has to do with the fact that us men have "lightning rods"? [/dirty joke]

sportyjay

Rob Blanc was my first game and soon after I was working on Bob Goes Home.

It's here!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk