What was the first ags game you ever played?

Started by Squinky, Tue 16/03/2004 18:37:26

Previous topic - Next topic

ThatOneChick87

I think that the first AGS game that I've ever played was:

"Abducted: 10 Minutes!!!" by AussieSoft.
I found it on some freeware site I was looking for games on. I went to the AussieSoft site and found AGS in one of the links.

I enjoyed it 8)
"Whoa, it's been upgraded to stank. Just last week it was only stink. Stonk can't be far away."

ambientcoffeecup

There's this thing... Jazz.

Technocrat

5 Day Assassin for me. I'm certainly glad I opted to try something else afterwards, I found that game disappointing!

Shaden

5 Days a Stranger. But I can't remember if I knew at the moment it was AGS

Klaz

Simultaneusly Quest for Glory 4 1/2 and the King's Quest I remake, QFG4 1/2 is probably still my favourite AGS game.

Mr. Suit

5 Days a Stranger, then I became a fanatic. I played 7 days a skeptik and after that I think it was  No action Jackson and Frank the Farmhand. I've trying to learn Ags since that.
There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.

nihilyst

The first AGS game I played was Pleurburgh, and I really liked it. But when it comes to "Which game gives you the best nostalgic feelings?", it's No-Action Jackson and none other.

Ultra Magnus

A little demo called Arnold's Neighbourhood, which was included as an extra in a torrent of Hey Arnold episodes.

How it influenced me: it uses screencaps from the series as backgrounds, which inspired me to make a game using the same method. And that's how I wound up here.

True story.
I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.

I'm tired of pretending I'm not bitchin', a total frickin' rock star from Mars.

Mugs

Permanent Daylight

I was looking for a adventure/point&click game-making software on google and I found AGS.   I played Permanent Daylight to see what kind of game the software could make.   

Cool stuff I found out: Men are four times more likely to be struck by lightning than women.  Wow, really? [dirty joke] Maybe this has to do with the fact that us men have "lightning rods"? [/dirty joke]

Stee

Probablyl either Little Johnny Evil or Larry Vales
<Babar> do me, do me, do me! :D
<ProgZMax> I got an idea - I reached in my pocket and pulled out my Galen. <timofonic2> Maybe I'm a bit gay, enough for do multitask and being romantical

Fee

hmm.. im not too sure, musnt have been too impressive then i guess.

The first MEMORABLE one i played tho i think would have to be FatMan. <3

brokenbutterfly

I think it was "Grr! Bearly Sane", I got it from some random forum and I didn't know it was AGS then. I only discovered the website afterwards... :) memories...

Ryan Timothy B

First adventure game I played was Monkey Island (of course I was so young when it came out, I thought it was Monkey Is-Land, haha gotta love english when you're young).

First AGS game was either Reactor 9, or possibly Apprentice.

nads

the first adventure game i played would of been maniac mansion on c64. i feel in love with the genre ever since. first ags was the maniac mansion remake, but i didnt know it was made by ags. I stumbled across this site when i googled game making programs or something along those lines about 2 years ago and feel out of my chair when i knew there was a program that made point and click games! FUCK! thou I haven't gotten to make a game yet, I get distracted easily.. *stares out window at something* but over the next few months im going to try and make a short game for my folio for uni next year. so fingers crossed!

rharpe

I can't remember the name of the game!? I think it was called "Just Another AGS Game" or "Yet Another AGS Game" (Something like that -- I can't find it on the games page.)

I remember going up in the attic, finding a spider that I had to drop through the bathroom fan to get my sister to run out of the shower -- Haha! That was a very clever puzzle.

Does anyone remember this game? It's pretty old. 
"Hail to the king, baby!"

ThreeOhFour

Mr.T

miguel

Larry Vales and Pleughburg (did I spell it right?).
Pleughburg is still my favorite AGS game. There's no love like the first one.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Questionable

6 Day Assassin

I played it and thought about the conservation of resources employed... Nevr before had I been so engaged and involved in a game, that lasted all of an hour, spanning one room. It was creative and fun, not entirely polished, but I accepted that because it was made by essentially one person.

It made me re-think what fun is and can be, and that gorgeous graphics, visceral action and thousands of places and people to interact with isn't what makes a good game; a good game is what makes a good game.
All my trophies have disappeared... FINALLY! I'm free!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk