What was the first ags game you ever played?

Started by Squinky, Tue 16/03/2004 18:37:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Derek

Mine would be.. Pheughburg Dark Ages

Made me want to make games LOL

Krimson

My first AGS game was Ben Jordan 2 about 5 years ago, followed by 5 Days a Stranger.

The Ben Jordan series helped me realise that yes, it was possible to create an amazing adventure with a small team. I've been tinkering around with AGS ever since.

Not that I have much to show for it, though. :-\

abstauber

Mine has bee Demoquest as well. Back in 1999, AGS was the only engine which could compile it's own demogame out of the box  :o

Helme

Well, it was all kaputtniks fault. It was one of the games he did with Ben304. But i'm not sure if it was 'Shoot, I got abducted!' or 'Man Boy vs. Dr. Sock'.

FSi++

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Mon 26/10/2009 15:57:54
Quote from: Babar on Mon 26/10/2009 10:55:13
Love you, Crimson Wizard! ;D
Even though you didn't exactly praise my game :P
Hope you enjoyed it!
I actually did! It has an interesting concept and cute alien animations ;)
I was dissapointed it was too short though.

Animations were from InstaGame though.

david

coldwater

first game I played was 5 days a stranger. loved it.

Cuiki

My first AGS game, at least the first worth mentioning, was Duty and Beyond. It still remains my favourite. I've never finished it, though, because for some unknown reason I was unable to load the game, so I just let it run. Until my computer crashed after 3 days.

I see it's fixed now. I'll definitely try playing again soon. Despite lo res, the gameplay is outstanding.
Hmm..it's kinda steep. But with a sled I can slide down the slope.

Timo.

Like many AGS newcomers, Yahtzee's the man.
His crazy creations with the most whacked storylines were the first AGS games I played.

Namely, 5 days a Stranger.
A game I think I will never forget; the immersing gameplay, atmosphere and storyline. A piece of art.
Smile :]

Spummy

Like many, its 5 days a stranger, I was young and pissed off with the generic cookie-cutter fashion in which commercial games were being made, in particular, Halo, what annoyed me more is that everyone was all "OMG ITS AMAZING" , pretty much for a few years I gave up on commercial games and pursued freeware/opensource games to see if they had anything to offer, I think I was going through the freeware game list website Acid-play, and found it, and a few other AGS games, I noticed the repeating reference to AGS, and found this website, and pretty happy I did.

I still think 5 days is pretty good in retrospect, however I think it pales in comparison to Trilby's Notes, which is my personal favourite AGS game.

Something13

I'll add my 2 cents to this thread and reveal that my first game was also 5 Days a Stranger. :o
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley

Captain Ricco

My first game i Think it was either Trilby: Art of Theft or Nelly Cootalot. I remember that after playing AoT(and getting stuck at the "z button-mashing" time) i played the whole John DeFoe series, and after that the whole Ben Jordan series

SinSin

Currently working on a project!

Danman

Alien Rape escape that sounds fun,weird and cool. My first game I think was 5 Days a stranger.

helios123

That's all for now,
helios123

Shattered Sponge

I think it was Larry Vales, or possibly Larry Vales 2.

Anything happen since then?  I've been kinda out of the loop.

Essence

The first AGS game I played was 5 Days A Stranger. An excellent game at that.

TheRoger

I think my first AGS game was "A Pirates Tale". Then I thought I could something similar ( or even better   ;))

Questionable

All my trophies have disappeared... FINALLY! I'm free!

NsMn

Apparently, I was one of the few newbies who played the DAS games in order...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk