Some minor bug report and suggestions (Revisited)

Started by Gilbert, Wed 24/03/2004 02:36:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilbert

Actually I think these things had been there for a long while, thay're not new to the current beta, so I'll point them out here:

1. Seems that the keyboard shortcut for Interaction (Ctrl-I) and Edit Script (Ctrl-E) don't work for Room settings screen (at least for me, in 2 different computers).

2. Can you make it so the sprite import dialog remember whether the option "Remaps colour to game palette" was checked the last time you use it? Because I always import my sprites with exact palette, it's REAL annoying that I have to uncheck that checkbox manually everytime I have to import a new sprite, if I forgot to check it and imported a couple of sprites, I had to reimport them again. :P

3. I just noticed that even if Ã, "Remaps colour to game palette" is unchecked, it still remaps colours not set for sprites, so it's not exact palette import. To do exact palette import for sprites you need to check also the "Lock sprites to current room" option, this is not really that important (as most of the time the sprites should be painted only with the sprite colours anyways), but it's a bit confusing that it took me a while to figure out how to import a sprite without any modifications if it somehow uses some of the "room" colours.

4. I just noticed that if you set the "start" parameter larger than the "end" one in CyclePalette(), the palette effect won't run. Maybe it's a good idea to make the function that if "start">"end", the slots cycle in the other direction (handy to do for example transport belts that can move in both direction, of course that isn't hard to script either).

Pumaman

1. You have to actually click in the right hand pane first (eg. click in the Animated Background Delay box). Rather annoying I know, I do aim to fix it at some point.

2. Sounds reasonable enough, I'll add it to my list.

3. Good point, perhaps the manual could do with an update here.

4. I'll add it to my list.

Gilbert

CJ, since I didn't test much on newer versions (I'm still using V2.6SP1 for my game), I just noticed that CyclePalette() in opposite direction never works (even though it's claimed to be fixed in V2.61), this is tested using V2.61, V2.62 and V2.7.

Also, it seems that the "color" struct is missing from V2.7+, which is minor since it can be worked around easily, but I still think this is a bug. I think the original definition of the struct should be something like:
Code: ags

struct color {
Ã,  char are, g, b, filler;
Ã,  };

right?

Edit: Argghhh foolish txt-style spelling fixing, how come you even affect text within code tags?

Pumaman

Gilbert: with your CyclePalette problem, can you try adding an UpdatePalette after the CyclePalette call, and see if that helps at all? Ill look into a fix.

The color struct was renamed to ColorType because people wanted to declare "int color" variables and so on.

Gilbert

Yeah, it works if I added an UpdatePalette(), but it definitely is a bug since it's not consistence in handling the cycling in the two directions.
I actually don't use CyclePalette() myself since I use loads of palette effects, using CyclePalette() forces UpdatePalette() immediately afterwards, which slow things down if there're lots of updates in one game loop.

Quote from: Pumaman on Wed 29/06/2005 18:27:34
The color struct was renamed to ColorType because people wanted to declare "int color" variables and so on.
Thanks for clearing it up :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk