Sprite Jam 04.04.04 - 11.04.04 "Killbots!!"

Started by Layabout, Sun 04/04/2004 13:50:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Layabout

Draw a Killbot... or in other words a Robot that is programmed to Kill. Like the Terminator...

30x50

30 colours

etc...

Dorcan took too long...

I started Sprite Jam (on the forums) so there...

Edit's of previous Sprite Jam entries will NOT be considered... (I'm looking at you STEVE!!!)
I am Jean-Pierre.

Kweepa

EDIT - But it's so cute!
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

big brother

Gotta love the Austin Powers reference. In case it isn't obvious, the sprite is a Femmebot, complete with machine gun jubblies. (16 colors)

I threw in the robot foot for no extra charge.
Mom's Robot Oil. Made with 10% more love than the next leading brand.
("Mom" and "love" are registered trademarks of Mom-Corp.)

Kweepa

Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Chicky

well i made one, thought id animate it to maybe have a hope of standing up to bigbro's entry. But it looks crap.. i give up  :P

well done big brother

-OSC

MrColossal

oh good lord people! enough with the not entering because big brother does!

no one is gonna insult you or compare them, we love you all!

entry in the works
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

earlwood

2x, 11 colors.

I carved a Coca Cola can (full  :P) into a death-mech...killbot.

MrColossal

well... I suck... I sketched this sprite at 2 times the normal size and then planned on shrinking it, but I forgot to so now i have a sprite at 60x100 14 colours

oh well, i still love him

since i made these for my portfolio and i have nothing else to do with them i'll just post them here then:

"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Evil

earlwood

my god....that is beautiful....that bad ass idle animation can put even the evilest of my Can Droids to shame...

Layabout

But it's too big. But i love it still...

Please enter, it's not really about the competition, it's about IMPROVING YOUR SPRITING SKILLS!

And Killbots is such a fun topic. Don't be put to shame by the awesome artists. Enter for the sake of drawing a sprite.

Although Big Bro's is nice, and the austin powers reference is awesome.
I am Jean-Pierre.

BOYD1981

reminds me of the character from an old game called BOB...

Limey Lizard, Waste Wizard!
01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

Haddas

My pitiful first real attempt at doing sprites.

4x

Chicky

its t3h d34th b0t

yup

-OSC

Redwall

2x

Hovering makes it so much easier to chase someone, and with laser arrays circling the entire midsection, the ELEMINATOR 3 model doesn't even need to turn to take out targets. Stop in at your local WAL-MART and get yours today!

(17 colors)
aka Nur-ab-sal

"Fixed is not unbroken."

earlwood

Haddas, your sprite looks like it would fit in perfectly as a Blake Stone enemy.  ;D

Gilbert

ElectricMonk

OK, here's my first attempt at a sprite... be gentle.

normal size

2x size

Edit:
Meh, I got so carried away with the idea (as a kid I used to play that my toy R2D2 would turn into a cannon...) that I forgot to check the requirements. I'm afraid it's 39x60, with I don't know how many colours (might just be 30, but probably just a little more), so feel free to disqualify me. :-\

Nine Toes

Dammit, Redwall!  You swiped my idea!
Watch, I just killed this topic...

Nacho

Here it is... It is simple, a 30 meters lenght beating machine, you just gotta put man in the bowl (recommended to put lawyers inside for better use...)

P.S. Yes darth! I finally made an entry!

P.S.S. The original image, used as a reference...

Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk