GuardDuty

Started by Chicky, Sun 04/04/2004 22:43:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Czar

I think it's more like Geographical khann?
Or geographical dog maybe?

I was pretty sure it was Comb boy.
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

AGA

I think it's that famous composer, Greg Schlaepfer...

Gregjazz

Never heard of him.

fovmester

Looks promising! I liked the cartoony graphics! Sweet!

Chicky

Well the time has come... No I'm not releasing the damn game, stop asking already.

But I've got a BIG update for you all. As many of you know, GuardDuty has gone through a major overhaul over the last few months and i thought it time to release a nice now chunk of info to keep everyone hooked.

The story is quite different from the last, but we still run along the same lines.

You play Tondbert [Tondberct] sent to Guard a highly important shipment to the King of England. Along your way you encounter a freak storm which leads you and three of your remaining crew members stranded on a surprisingly highly inhabited island, full of hopeless soles who have been stuck there over hundreds of years.

Secure yourself a ship and convince your fellow shipmates to leave the island is your ticket outta' there. But is it really that simple?

game features 32bit 320x240 graphics
Full original soundtrack by GeoffKhan
Kinky sound effects to complement the action by me
and about 25 rooms

One of the locals

Look ma', i can drop my items wherever i want.

And pick them up again

Ohh, and we're full of nice little in-game jokes.

I'm trying to feature as many AGS forum members in the game as possible, drop me a PM or reply to this thread if you're interested.

Backgrounds are WIP and do not feature all objects and details that they will in the final release.
BETA phase ONE near completion.

Estimated release: Quarter four 2004.

YOke

As I said, it looks fricking sweet!
Looking very much forward to the release. Just keep it up now!
I would very much like to be in the game. If you don't make fun of me, that is... ;)

Enlightenment is not something you earn, it's something you pay for the rest of your life.

m0ds

Thoroughly sweet looking, can't wait to play the game. Will you be creating your own cursors and text boxes?

:)

Al_Ninio

Yo, chicken.
This looks pretty damn awesome.
But from the screenies it looks like you might want to get someone to proofread the text.
"Forced my the strong winds" :P
I'm willing to do it, Chicky, unless you're counting on the beta testers to do that as well :)

Chicky

Yoke: Thanks, i'll just talk to you about it through msn.

Mark: Yeh, the default cursers are just placeholders i'll be changing them nearer the end.

And Al: Thanks for the offer, but i've got Soupie and Darty on proof reading at the moment. If they get tired then you'll be first choice :) ... that'll be once ive got everything else done though.

Thanks for all the nice comments, keeps a guy going ya' know.

Kweepa

Looks lovely - nice solid graphics!
Are those animated rain splashes in the first screenshot? Mmmmm.
I hope there's a good reason for the object dropping - not just a limited inventory.
Looking forward to it (again)!
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Chicky

Yup, those splashes would be animated. And as for the object dropping, its all very well put into the game, dont worry.  ;)

Thanks for the comment Steve

Baron

Holy expanded project Batman!
...er, I mean Chicken....
Looking forward to beta testing!

j-Hed

Lovely ...just lovely!

I just saw that interface at the bottom of the screen. Thats the coolest feature in a long while, the drop func. I mean.
Also very matching graphics and simple layout, great!

TheDude

Nice update! Looking forward to this game.

Chicky

Well it appears that only the hardcore GD fans replied, quite sad really.

Roll on my next game: BumDuty ... im serious.

ghostface

:o  Please tell me you're not serious. I was a hardcore GD fan,  constantly lurking in here. I just didn't post in here. Yeah. I'm sure there's a lot more of people like me, and you would be disapointing them if you didn't realease this. OH BOY, oh boy oh boy.
"I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory. Lasts forever."

"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

DanClarke

indeed, i too am looking forward to this one. Great graphics and atmosphere from what ive seen so far!

Darth Mandarb

Well ... personally I think this game looks like it's going to suck big eggs.

But you must understand that I'm saying that while pretending to be a Gila Monster ... and one of my biggest joys in life is sucking big eggs.

;)

I wouldn't worry about lack of posts.Ã,  I would guess that, at this point, people just want the thing to come out and have already posted what they wanted to say.

Keep up the good work and GIVE US THIS GAME!!!!!

Tiki

Well, you already know my thoughts on GD, nath, but I figure it couldn't hurt to back you up some more...

Excellent style, it's most certainly not a blatant ripoff of anything I've seen.  Originality rocks.   Lots of small little details that really take the cake in those backgrounds.  Oh, and if GeoffKhan is doing the score, no worries there.  Meh, it sucks that I can't beta test.  You know how nit-picky I am!   Anyways, GuardDuty is exactly the form of the dream game I personally would like to make.  And hey, if I want to copy it, it must be awesome.

Right?
....Right?

Edit:  oh, and having hardcore fans replying is definately a good thing, by all means.

yaron

Quote from: chicken on Mon 20/09/2004 22:19:34
Roll on my next game: BumDuty ... I'm serious.
no rolling please, rolling on is bad, it is evil
rolling is the path of the dark side
finish GD, publish GD, feel the GD flow
pretty please with suger on top?

iv'e been wathing it's proggress for some time
great grafhics and i like the idea that if an item refusses to do what you want
you can drop it in a corner untill it's willing to coaperate
keep up the good work

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk