Room size problem...

Started by Yo Mama!, Sun 11/04/2004 22:02:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Yo Mama!

My game is in 800x600 resolution. Do all my rooms have to be that size or bigger? One of my rooms which is a street view is 1800x400, and when the character enters the room, it screws the game up and it gives an Illegal exception error message. Does the room have to be 600 in height, or is there some other problem? Here is the error message:

---------------------------
Illegal exception
---------------------------
An exception 0xC0000005 occured in ACWIN.EXE at EIP = 0x00414ECA ; program pointer is +31, ACI version 2.60.693, gtags (4,2)

AGS cannot continue, this exception was fatal. Please note down the numbers above, remember what you were doing at the time and notify CJ on the Tech forum.

I got this message before, when I had to fix the object number on the cursor sprite to 2054. That problem is fixed now, so it must be something else.

Yo Mama!

Well, I made the room 1800x600, and all the problems are fixed. I still don't know why it won't let me have a height 200 less than 600. Seems like kind of a stupid flaw. Now I have to have a big blank area where I filled the extra space. >:(. If anyone has any other solutions, please tell me.

Pumaman

2.6 SP1 fixed this crash - I'd definitely recommend you upgrade to SP1.

Hollister Man

Either way you're it won't fill the screen, it'll be letterboxed no matter what. The only way to avoid it would be to change resolution from 800x600 to 640x400 temporarily, and that's not possible.
That's like looking through a microscope at a bacterial culture and seeing a THOUSAND DANCING HAMSTERS!

Your whole planet is gonna blow up!  Your whole DAMN planet...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk