Cirque De Zale

Started by Kinoko, Tue 13/04/2004 05:17:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Kinoko

OH MY GOD!

It's finally here... get your diapers because this may cause you to relieve yourself.

CIRQUE DE ZALE is at last among us. It's been among me for awhile, but now it's out here with the collective. After a lot of beta testing, I can confidently state that I'm 90% sure this game is free of bugs and any major glitches, and most grammar and spelling mistakes.

So... what are you waiting for? It's sitting right there, looking like a lonely little puppy or kitten, waiting for you to download it and give it all the attention and love you can spare.

http://www.anime.com.au/Katt/misc/cirque.zip

Let me know what you think! Unless you think it's bad... if that's the case, best not say anything at all. I may cry.

(Seriously, criticism welcome. I may beat you to a bloody pulp but I'll take it all into account so I can make another even better game next time!)

EDIT: Ah, I should probably mention that the game is zipped into a 3 meg file. It's small enough for EVERYONE to enjoy!

BerserkerTails

Sweet! Can't wait to play it! Downloa- Wait no... The link didn't work. Blast!
I make music.

Kinoko

You know what, that was such a speedy reply, I think you beat my FTP program by a few seconds. Try again now ^_^

EDIT: To anyone who found their download cutting short or screwing up - my bad! Sorry, I had to make a quick change to the file.

BerserkerTails

Yup, seems to be downloading fine. Will give my comments once it's done.
I make music.

Kairus

Downloading now.... wow... I can hardly wait to see those Monkey-Islandish graphics alive!!! :D
But I think I'll wait till the download ends and play it tomorrow. I have to sleep sometimes, you know. ;)

EDIT - Alright I couldn't resist and started playing it. It's so lovely! :D Those graphics are excellent, and the characters are hilarious!

I played until the game crashed :P though I don't think I can reproduce the crash. It happened when I gave something to someone, I think it was to the old man next to the Guild but don't remember what I was trying to give. Anyway it was one of those errors you get once but not anymore.

Terrific game! :D
Download Garfield today!

DOWNLOADINFOWEBSITE

mätzyboy

Excellent game! Took me about an hour to finish. Nice classic style graphics, pretty straight forward puzzles still requireing some thought.

Two bugs:
Spoiler

1: I showed the deed to the mother without having given the doll to her, and suddenly she appeared holding it while I still had it in inventory. I could give it to her afterwards, and then she asked for proof of owning a circus. I understand I should have given her the doll first so this must be a bug. (The puzzle of giving her the doll in the first place wasn't obvious to me even after knowing I should. Whats the logic I'm missing? This was the only puzzle lacking meaning to me though :) )

2: I could point at the ladder before having unlocked the hatch. probably one pixel or something is showing... I just swept over it seeing the word ladder when i was using the key on the hatch, so I didn't try any interactions with it...
[close]

All of the characters were fun and acted natural considering each of their different personalities. I sometimes found the music a bit repetative but
Spoiler
the change of music between the outside and the inside of the whitch's house was absolutely wonderful! I loved it!
[close]

High score on this one! Is it added to the games list yet? If so I'm heading over there to rate it!

Chicky

hey kinko, you saucy gal ;)

lol, even though i beta'ed this, ill play though again because its a very visually pleasing game.

ohh 100% complete

:)

-OSC

APJ

I like this game alot, the graphics and animations are great

Totoro

I really loved this game when betatesting, its wonderful and for me one of the ags-classics already. Everyone MUST download it now. So go and download it now, young man, or you don't get dinner tonight!!!  ;)

Jockstrap

I'm sorry Kinoko, I didn't do a very good job of beta testing! I just have a lot of trouble finding the time. Sorry. But it looks like you didn't need me anyway, so....I promise I'll never volunteer to beta test again....Sorry....forgive me?
You whet my pants...

Kinoko

Aww, thanks for all the compliments!

Man, I can't believe that stupid mother is still a problem, I thought I fixed that. I'll get that ladder thing fixed too. OK, well I'll try to have that fixed and reuploaded by tomorrow afternoon.

Blackbird/Jockstrap - Don't worry! ^_- I had plenty of beta testers as it was so it got a good working over anyway. I still appreciate your offers and the interest in the game.

Jockstrap

That's good to hear you poor, lazy, sexy fraud you.
You whet my pants...

Kinoko

Can I get peoples' opinions as to whether this is a medium length game or a full length game? I'm not really sure where it would fall...

mätzyboy

I'd say medium length.

Pet Terry

Yay, whoo and so on. Got this earlier today but haven't played it yet... but I will! Soon....
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Betatester

Did the betatester get a credit? I would consider playing it again in case we did  ;)

nope!

one of the best AGS games  :D

SSH

Well, the intro ROCKS! Love it! But if you're looking for criticsim...

1. The walkcyclle fo Zale looks like he is repeatedly kicking his front foot with his back foot

2. When he keeps looking back and forth at the elephant poo in the intro, diagonal views would REALLY have been great there.,

Of course, it make my own game suck by comparison in every compartment (and yours has the added advantage of being finished, too) but you obviously are a talented artists, so a little extra artwork...

Anyway, now to explore this other dimension...

Agamemnon

I'm stuck...
Spoiler

I've given the fisherman the can of seal, I've given the mother the doll...

I have fishing rod, wolfs head, basket of goodies and dog.

I gave the cycle to the bear, and I've seen the chef put the pie on the window sill.

The obvious thing seemed to be to use the rod with the pie but that didn't work.
[close]

Can someone help please?

Thanks in advance.

YOke

I just finished the game and, WOW!!!
What can I say? Kinoko, you're a pro!!!

All my ten thumbs up!

Enlightenment is not something you earn, it's something you pay for the rest of your life.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk