My Amazing Adventure

Started by Ali, Tue 13/04/2004 18:26:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

Okay it's not that amazing, but this is an almost exact transcript of what happened to me today.

Ali's Girlfriend: "I have dropped the key out of the window. It's landed on the roof below."

GET KEY

Ali: "I can't reach the key."

GET STICKY TAPE

GET MAGNET

USE STICKY TAPE WITH MAGNET

Ali: "I've made a sticky tape rope with a magnet on the end."

USE CONTRAPTION WITH KEY

Ali: "It's not long enough."

USE CONTRAPTION WITH STICK

Ali: "I've made a fishing rod contraption."

USE FISHING ROD CONTRAPTION WITH KEY

Ali: "The key isn't magnetic"

GET ANNOYED

DROP MAGNET

GET PAPER CLIP

USE PAPER CLIP WITH FISHING ROD CONTRAPTION

Ali: "The paper clip is like a hook"

USE FISHING ROD CONTRAPTION ON KEY

Ali: "The wind is too strong, the hook waves in the wind."

USE BATTERY WITH CONTRAPTION

Ali: "This heavy battery will keep the contraption steady!"

TALK TO ALI'S GIRLFRIEND

Ali's Girlfriend: "Let me do it."

BEGRUDGINGLY GIVE CONTRAPTION TO GIRLFRIEND.

LOOK AT GIRLFRIEND

Ali: "She's managed to get the key."

Ali's Girlfriend: "Hooray!"

SULK

Has anyone else ever found themselves in an adventure-game-esque situation?

Karimi

Lol !!

;D Nice one , by the way ... my name is Ali as well. Are you an arab or is it just an odd name your parents picked ?

Hmm , never had an adventuregame-esque moment , atleast not one i can remeber .

Was drowning and i stayed underwater for 10 minutes thought :D . jkin.

Ginny

:D :D :D This had me laughing all through it, I could barely read! I've had a few odd sentences pop out of my mouth that sounded like they came out of an adventure, can't remember exactly, but no scenes like that :D. That's a good puzzle btw :P
I remember quoting The Longest Journey for a short while after finishing it, and I was trying to quote the intonation and voice too ;).
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

LordHart

I haven't done something, but a friend of mine was drunk one time and he started to repeat over and over what he was doing... so when he pushed something, he kept saying PUSH, PUSH, PUSH, PUSH... and when he drank another beer, he kept trying to say DRINK, DRINK, DRINK, DRINK... but the drink kept coming out of his mouth... and it was so funny. :P

Meowster

Not really, but yesterday I did have to allign three circular stones so that their pictures corresponded with the current position of the sun, moon, and some other thing on a chart that I found in a locked safe in a Nazi Storeroom in the Czech Republic.

And before that, I scared some pidgeons off a roof by hiding a balloon underneath a pile of breadcrumbs.

evenwolf

of course i have dude, just look at my avatar ;)
"I drink a thousand shipwrecks.'"

Wormmaster

I've been in adventure-like-in-game too!!!
Well, read!

AT FOREST...
Wormmaster's Friend, LoRD: "Wormie, there's motor-bike gang member over there!"
Wormmaster: "Really? Where?"
LoRD: "At my house!"
Wormmaster: "DAMN IT!!! We must get those stupid idiots outta there somehow..."
WALK TO ROAD
TALK TO LORD
Wormmaster: "Okay, here's the plan. I'll go and get environment. You stay at the forest."
LoRD: "Good idea."
LOOK AT BUSH
Wormmaster: "Wow, an stick..."
TAKE STICK
Wormmaster: "This can be useful."
LOOK AT LORD
Wormmaster: "He's scared..."
LOOK AT WHITE TREE
Wormmaster: "I think it's hammer there..."
TAKE HAMMER
Wormmaster: "This can be useful, too..."
LOOK AT ROAD
Wormmaster: "NAILS!!! That b*****d have putted nails on road!"
TAKE NAILS
Wormmaster: "For safe..."
LOOK AT BLACK TREE
Wormmaster: "What's that knife doing there?"
TAKE KNIFE
Wormmaster: "Hmm..."
USE KNIFE TO STICK
Wormmaster: "Wow, I made an spear..."
GO TO HOUSE
TALK TO MOTOR-BIKE GANG
Wormmaster: "AY! GO TO HELL FROM MY FRIENDS HOUSE!!!"
Member: "HAHAHA!!!"
USE SPEAR ON MOTOR-BIKE
Wormmaster: "Your laughing, huh? Well, this is my revenge!"
Member: "NO!!! MY MOTOR-BIKE'S TIRE!!!"
Wormmaster: "Come and catch me if you can!!!"
RUN AWAY
Member goes away...

That idiot leaved his motor-bike, and he have revenged me already.
He broke my window by rock...

ThunderStorm

Some months ago, my younger brother was totally into playing Final Fantasy, and after he had been playing for hours again, he started walking like the animated Final Fantasy characters. You know - just a tad too smooth to be real, and with the arms waving a bit too much.
Watching him was kinda funny, especially because I suspect that he didn't even notice himself. He got back to normal again, though.  :)

BerserkerTails

I had an adventure game situation one time... I didn't think it was at the time, but my brother told me that it was a clear cut case of how "LucasArts saved my life".

So two of my friends and I are hanging out in a park at about 10:00pm on Friday night. All the sudden these two huge guys come up. They're obviously really drunk, and seem intent on fighting. Here's a transcript of our conversation, to the best of my memory:

Drunk guy 1: "Hey, you guys!"
Drunk guy 2: "Were you guys screaming out here?"
(We had been calling for our fourth friend, who had gone missing. We learned later he had gone home.)
Me: "Umm, yeah."
Drunk guy 1: "What's your guys' names?"
(My friends and I procede to tell them our names)
Drunk guy 1: "You guys have any money?"
Drunk guy 2: "We've been drinking the hard stuff all night, and we really need some chase!"
Drunk guy 1 : "Yeah, chase."
(We inform the two men that we have no money, though we all had about 10 bucks on us.)
Drunk guy 2: "Oh so you're poor ass Esquimalt kids?"
(Esquimalt is the town I live in. We inform the guy 'Yes')
Drunk guy 2: "See, we were gonna beat you up and take your money if you had any."
Drunk guy 1: ".....Wanna fight?"
Drunk guy 2: "Yeah, it'll be fun! We'll have a big brawl, in that field back there! Then we'll, like... We'll shake hands afterwards, to make it all cool."
Drunk guy 1: "Yeah!"
(We inform the guys that we don't wish to fight.)
Drunk guy 2: "Man, I got like a, 6-Inch blade in my back pocket. All I wanna do is fight!"
Drunk guy 1: "Yeah, we'll get some bruises, all beat up, then shake hands."
Drunk guy 2: "What are you guys doing anyway?"
(We tell about our friends, and that we're waiting to meet them.)
Drunk guy 1: "Oh! Do your friends have money?"
(Whoops, wrong thing to tell them!)
Me: "Nooo... But do you want us to go look for people with money?"
(LucasArts dialog choice alert!!!)
Drunk guy 2: "Yeah! And if you find em, send em back here, so we can beat them up and take it!"
Us: "Sure thing, cya!"

I feel like Indiana Jones now.
I make music.

DGMacphee

I one had to fix a broom -- the bristle part fell of the stick.

To do this I had to drill a hole through the plastic holder of the bristle bit and screwing a screw.

Only problem was I had no drill-bits.

So, I got a screw, chopped off the head and used the remainder for a drill bit.

I though it was very adventure game-esque.

If you included it in a game, it would also be very red-herringish as the player would search around for a drill bit, not knowing you could chop the head of a screw and use that.

This is what I think is the key to making good puzzles: peripheral thinking.

Kinda like all those lateral thinking puzzles I used to read about as a kid. Stuff like:

A man is lying dead in a field. Next to him there is an unopened package. There is no other creature in the field. How did he die?
ABRACADABRA YOUR SPELLS ARE OKAY

DGMacphee Designs - http://www.sylpher.com/DGMacphee/
AGS Awards - http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/

Instagame - http://www.sylpher.com/ig/
"Ah, look! I've just shat a rainbow." - Yakspit

MrColossal

He didn't open his parachute

i always learned it as he's wearing an empty backpack and it was a murder

other than that i was also going to say that Ali's "puzzle" would be a great puzzle for an adventure game because it takes the old idea of magnet on a string and the player thinks he's so clever for figuring it out [or annoyed that he has to do the old magnet on a string AGAIN!] and then WOOPS! Key isn't magnetic, F00!
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

DGMacphee

Actually, the real answer is the package fell from a mail plane in the sky and hit him on the head.

Okay, it was a parachute.
ABRACADABRA YOUR SPELLS ARE OKAY

DGMacphee Designs - http://www.sylpher.com/DGMacphee/
AGS Awards - http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/

Instagame - http://www.sylpher.com/ig/
"Ah, look! I've just shat a rainbow." - Yakspit

Queen Kara

I've been through some funny / awful stuff , usually stuff that could've resulted in my death , but I never really considered adventure-like before.

1. One day we were at a fair and even though I never learn my lesson , I go to funhouses. Any way , in this one fun house , at the end , there's a big circle like thing and the operator was making it spin. I didn't know before that it spun so when I go the end with my dad and saw that it was spinning now , I hesitated going across , then I tried to jump , but ended up falling and yelling for help ,  I guess somebody called to the operator or some thing because it finally stop and I eventually got out , I ended up with scraped knees though.  *blush*
2. I almost drowned once because there was a sudden undertow or something and I was far out in the water. My brother had to save me.
3. I once stupidly got the idea to clean a pot...porpurii (sp.) you know the nice smelling stuff? Well nothing was making a nice smell in it and there was stuff in there and I turned on the faucet and put it under the pouring water....Bad idea! The house started filling with smoke ( not really the sort you could see ) and I started feeling sleepy and coughing , my brother had to save me again and opened doors and windows to air out the house.
4. I had another "my heart was in the right place but apparently my brain wasn't" sorta thing , I was assuming too much and was walking Buddy ( chihuahua )  , when it was time to go back and I tried to get back in the house , it turned out that I had locked myself out ....I couldn't find a key anywhere and had to go over and ask help from neighbors to call a locksmith ,  other than extreme embarrassment and learning to hate locksmiths ( they only cared about the money and made a big deal about things...I felt bad enough...geeze ) , everything went well though. ( I assumed that we had an extra key under the mat or some thing so that's why I had locked the door in the first place...I wanted to walk Buddy since I was the only one there to do it and that was the usual time for his walk but I didn't want anybody angry at me for leaving the door unlocked while I was out. After all you never know when somebody could steal things once your back is turned. The other thing that I incorrectly assumed was that I could just get some money from my parents room or something to pay the locksmiths. )
5. One time I had to use a plier to open a door because there was no knob or anything and I don't remember who did it but the door was shut , I couldn't get it open when I tried with my hands and I found pliers and used them on the hole where the knob should've been.
Klaatu Verata Niktu?

Babar

One adventure like moment:
My room got locked from the inside once, so I had to try get back into it. The good thing is that it was connected to another room through a bathroom. The problem was that the bathroom had, for some reason, been divided in two with a wall. The craziest thing is that the wall only went a bit up, and did not meet the ceiling, so there was a gap (I don't know what was wrong with the previous owners, they did that).
ANYWAY:
I went to the bathroom from the other side
CLIMBED shower stall and LOOKED over the wall.
HUGE FALL
so, I went out, and PICKED UP a few cushions from the couch outside
back in the bathroom, I DROPPED a few over the wall so that the landing would be softer
I LOOKED over the wall again.
THE FALL STILL LOOKED DANGEROUS
I went out again, and TALKED with my cousin (who was living with me at the time) about jumping the wall
I offered to do his Homework if he jumped the wall. He agreed
I took him there. He jumped over the wall and landed on the cushion.
Seeing his fall and his the results, I jump down as well, but using the door knob to land on, to shorten the fall.
I get in my room
PICK up the key
and UNLOCK the door!
Woohooo!
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk