Need music for your adventure?

Started by orionorbit, Sat 17/04/2004 21:29:55

Previous topic - Next topic

orionorbit

Perhaps I can help composing and performing your adventure game's music, since i'm in the mood of doing that kind of thing :)

Here's a few things about me. Read them and if you are interested drop me a line at orionorbit@hotmail.com

1. I am a musician/composer. However, you must accept that I might have 1-2 more musicians helping me. This decision is up to me.

2. I have good experiance in adventure gaming. This means i will expect that i will like the game.

3. Project members should be able to FULLY communicate with me in English, German, Swedish or Greek.

4. I do NOT expect any kind of payment. However:
- I will ONLY work with projects i find serious and interresting.
- I will appreciate if you can help me with my own AGS project, but i definately do not demand you to do so.

5. I prefer to work with audio recording, this means that i will provide you with music in mp3 or wav format. I can also work with midi but i wouldn't prefer so.

6 and most important: My time is limited. My only promise is not to give a promise i can't keep. However, the more inspiring i find your game, the more time i will devote to the music.

If those sound interesting, drop me a line

Erwin_Br

Sounds interesting. Maybe it's a good idea to publish some of the work you already composed  :)

--Erwin

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Wow, someone actually offering their services instead of creating "NEED TEAM" threads. Great for a change! Now, a word of advice - be VERY criterious in what you accept to do, as you already said you'd do. I think you'll go far.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

orionorbit

I cannot post any music online. Even if i had the webspace, It's all copyrighted material.

Contact me and if i'm interested i'll send some samples

MrColossal

I don't see how that matters. You can still post samples or something.
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

LGM

I can offer webspace if you want.

You don't have to post the full songs, you can just post snippets like Loominous did. As long as the ID3 tags identify the copyright owner, you should be fine.
You. Me. Denny's.

Meowster

And I was so looking forward to stealing all of your music and claiming it as my own.

orionorbit

Quote from: Ami on Sun 18/04/2004 19:00:56
And I was so looking forward to stealing all of your music and claiming it as my own.

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful... I said the reason i can't post music online it's because it's COPYRIGHTED material, this practicaly means that I have already claimed ownership.

I won't tolerate this kind of attitude. I posted here because i wanted to contribute to a game, not to subject myself to evaluation and to read stupid irony.

I'd post some samples online but i'm not in the mood anymore. If i find a project interresting i will send some samples. If you don't agree with that, NOBODY forces you to use my music, just leave me in peace and spare me the sarcastic crap.

shbaz

Quote from: orionorbit on Sun 18/04/2004 23:29:13
It's a shame stupidity isn't painful...

That's what I'm thinking as I read over your post, just now. I think you should label your work as "inside my basement vault for my eyes only" rather than copyrighted, because they're two totally different things.

People need to be interested in you too before they'll even contact you.. a sample isn't going to hurt anything.

EDIT:
You also just insulted an awesome game-maker, if you'll give the latest E-zine a read or play Beyond Reality.
Once I killed a man. His name was Mario, I think. His brother Luigi was upset at first, but adamant to continue on the adventure that they started together.

m0ds

Erm.. Calm down?

Edit- I agree with baz. Can't you at least put up ONE sample? It's very unlikely that it'll end up in 1,000 freeware adventure games.

Nacho

Now I'm not even interested in listening a sample... I just couldn't work with someone with such a "good" sense of humor...  :P
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

DragonRose

Oh dear.  The reason that people are asking to hear a sample of your music is to find out weather or not your style would fit with their game, not to criticize your music.  If you play jazz, that wouldn't work for a medieval fantasy game.  If you play carribean music, it wouldn't work for a game set in New York.  I, for one, wouldnt' want to waste my time or yours asking for music only to find out that it's totally unsuitable for the game.  

No one is posting to try and annoy you or is going to try and steal your music.  The second someone heard it in a game, it would be recognized as someone elses work.

And copyright doesn't practically mean that you have claimed ownership- that's what it means, period.
Sssshhhh!!! No sex please, we're British!!- Pumaman

orionorbit

for the last time... I am NOT worried that if i post samples of my music you will put it on your game. ... I would actually ENJOY that, because it would mean you aprove my music.

It's just that in the past 2 years I have signed almost a dozen contracts, in  every one of them it stands that I WILL NOT UPLOAD my music online, and that i intend to do. Is it so hard to understand??

I will NOT post any music online. If i'm interested in a project i will send a sample. Then feel free to consider it unsiutable, lame or shit and reject me. I do not force anyone to put my music in their game.

And for the record dear shbazjinkens, my music is not "inside my basement vault for my eyes only", it's in CD stores around the world. On the other hand, i don't see your games in any computer store around. So you're hardly in position to judge me.

Anyway it was a mistake of me to post in this forum. I'm sure you can all write music for your games alone much better than I would.

Cheers

Meowster

I sense:

1 - An ego
    2 - Lies and/or exaggeration

What's your recording name? I'd love to buy your CD.

MrColossal

um... calm down?

Here, my game has been in a few magazines and on their cover CDs, can I talk to you now? Am I worthy? So the only person who can comment on your post are people who have had more success than you? Gotcha.

Jesus man, you're giving us a little information at a time and expect us to make up the middle. Did we know you signed contracts? No.

Why not make new music that isn't copywritten then you can post it online? How about a 2 minute song, or maybe participate in the Tune Contest? Instead of asking us to trust you.

"I'm sure you can all write music for your games alone much better than I would."

I can't write music to save my life... But I know at least 20 people on AGS who could, and they are much nicer and easier to talk to than you appear to be at the moment.
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

orionorbit

Quote from: Ami on Mon 19/04/2004 00:38:57
I sense:

1 - An ego

You were right about that at least

2 - Lies and/or exaggeration

Well what can i say? Sorry that I didn't post my contracts so you can actually see I'm not lying and/or exaggerating?

I'm afraid, you sensed wrong.

What's your recording name? I'd love to buy your CD.

Is this sarcastic or you just imply that i'm pretending to have a record deal but i'm actually a failure musician-wannabe?
Because i don't think you are really interested in buying any of my CDs.

Quote from: MrColossal on Mon 19/04/2004 00:38:59

Here, my game has been in a few magazines and on their cover CDs, can I talk to you now? Am I worthy? So the only person who can comment on your post are people who have had more success than you? Gotcha.

I never said that. My previus coment was ONLY directed to for the fellow who came up with an interesting description on my music.

Why not make new music that isn't copywritten then you can post it online? How about a 2 minute song, or maybe participate in the Tune Contest? Instead of asking us to trust you.

I'm not asking you to trust me. After you listen to the music i send you, you are free to reject it. I won't feel offended as i do not expect that everybody will like my music.

I can't write music to save my life... But I know at least 20 people on AGS who could, and they are much nicer and easier to talk to than you appear to be at the moment.

Well I'm sorry I couldn't be as nice as they are. I don't claim to be nice or to have a good sence of humor.
I just said that I compose music and you can try me out...
And then ppl here started to moke me and accuse me of being stupid/liar, because they are unable to understand that I can't post my music in public.

MrColossal

it's not that they are unable to understand it's that you didn't provide enough information.

and how do you know that shbazjinkens doesn't have his games sold in shops all over the place? how come you can judge him but he can't you?

anyway, whatever, my suggestion is make new music. If you don't want to them fine.

But seriously, what is your recording name?

Moox

Alright, im looking for some music for a sherlock holmes type game called Petri A. Ringwald and the Maxim Gun

Its set in late 1800's london, PM me a sample please and I will get back to you with my verdict asap

Meowster

Is this sarcastic or you just imply that i'm pretending to have a record deal but i'm actually a failure musician-wannabe?
Because i don't think you are really interested in buying any of my CDs.

And I don't think you were really sure about this;

Anyway it was a mistake of me to post in this forum. I'm sure you can all write music for your games alone much better than I would

Was that sarcasm? Hm?

How's this; explain from the start that you have contracts and such. Wouldn't that have been simple? And that doesn't stop you from posting samples, you know.

I just said that I compose music and you can try me out...
And then people here started to moke me and accuse me of being stupid/liar,

That was after you went off the deep end.

I may not be interested in buying your CD, but I'm certainly interested in looking at it.

Man, I am so tired of fighting. Let's all be friends again. Can I hear your music samples?

shbaz

QuoteIt's just that in the past 2 years I have signed almost a dozen contracts, in every one of them it stands that I WILL NOT UPLOAD my music online, and that i intend to do. Is it so hard to understand??

Yes, that is hard to understand. You won't even post a 10 second snippet of your music so that people could hear what you have created. With online file swapping services anything of yours that is remotely popular is probably online and passed around like a cheap whore anyways.

You insult and bite your thumb at those you were supposedly offering to help, I really don't understand.

Music sold around the world? If I put up a website, mine would be too. That is such a vague statement.. you could be these guys or you could be The White Stripes, without any sort of information it's hard to say. Why did you come here and offer your work in the first place, with such a terrible attitude toward everyone who posted?
Once I killed a man. His name was Mario, I think. His brother Luigi was upset at first, but adamant to continue on the adventure that they started together.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk