"The Next Curse" is finally here...

Started by fidodido, Mon 16/09/2002 01:27:56

Previous topic - Next topic

fidodido

Hello mates,

I had just finished my new project.

The next curse takes you to a mysterious island, in search of your good friend, who went there and never returned...

The interface is very simple, similar to the Broken Sword games.

Download it here:
THE NEXT CURSE

Or visit the web page:
TNC PAGE

.Sklate.

just downloaded and played for a while ...

interesting so far :P although i haven't really checked out much of the game ( i'm at the point where the pig is )

so far the music's pretty nice , i'll let you noe more once i've completed the game :D

fidodido

Hi, fellas.

Has anybody finished the game?

Let me know how you doing...

NOTE: Most room changes in "The Next Curse" are made just by going to the left or right end of the screen, without a hotspot.
I hope you've already figured it out, because if not, you must have spent hours wondering between only three rooms...

elizabeth

The games pretty good, but I havn't finished it because I'm stuck.  I have the money, crowbar, ax, plate, toy mouse, camera, cat toy and sign.  I can't rent a boat because the guys not there.  I think I'm supposed to do something in the museum (switch cats?) but I don't know how to get rid of the guard.  

fidodido

Elizabeth, did you talk to the pig?

elizabeth

Yeah, I did talk to the pig.  He is apparently shy.  He may have said something when I attempted to speak to him earlier in the game, but I don't remember.  He won't say a word now.  

-

I played this game often, but at my PC it always breaks up, if I combine two things...
Is that a bug, which only I have seen?

So far I was able to play it, it looks cool!

fidodido

I fixed the bug. Please download the game again HERE, and it should work fine this time.

Everybody, feel free to report any bugs you notice.

Thanks to das TOBI - AS for notifying me about the problem.

-

hm, thanks for updating it, but I have downloaded it again and the game still breaks up very often... for example, if I go through a door, or interact to something... the "break ups" are very often and in every resolution - I always have to start again and load and so I have to save after every action; it`s very difficult to play so - I hope you are able to fix it...

By the way are the graphics drawed by hand or by computer? I really like them.

fidodido

About the "break-up's":
I think it's a memory related problem, because you are not the only one who experienced those crashes. I'll post a thread in the technical forum about the problem.

About the graphics:
I painted the rooms, characters and objects with MS Paint and then I used Irfanview to add BLUR effects.

????????

i'm stuck too ???i have the crowbar, toy cat, camera, axe, toy mouse, sign, oars, test tube, and plate

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

First - this has last been replied on in 9 October 2002. Please don't bring up ancient threads unless there's a good reason.

Second - that's not a good reason. There's a Hints and Tips forum.

Third - It clearly states in this forum's rules that hints should not be asked in this board.

Have a nice day.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk