(hopefully) CMI Style background 4 C&C (redesigned)

Started by .., Fri 16/04/2004 19:14:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Scarpia

Very good job indeed. I really like this one!!

However I think there should be a shade on the left side wall of the house, given that the sunlight somes from behind. Just like the shadow cast on the grass, the wall itself should be darker on this side.

Also, from a user's perspective, it seems odd that there is no road leading to the castle-balancing-on-a-cliff on the horizon. I assume it's because they can't reach it from here, but that is very ambiguous to the player. You could place some sort of obvious obstacle in front of it, or just make it look less 'highlighted' (less saturated / a bit further away, etc.).

Other than that, I think the only thing left to touch would be ground detail, especially the paths. Other than that, I'm looking forward to seeing more!

Have fun

/Scarpia
Scarpia "The Majestic"
Supreme creator of { junk dot dk } and Application of Puzzle Theory

Thanks Andail for joining the threads Its a hot topic now :D

So heres Version .. I think i'm up to 4...

QuoteYou could place some sort of obvious obstacle in front of it (Castle In Background
Done - Added Mean looking Spikes :P
QuoteI'd recommend making the sky more interesting
Done - I redid the clouds to make them more my own style and added a kind of glow to the sun and some color
QuoteOther than that, I think the only thing left to touch would be ground detail, especially the paths
Done- Added Texture to Path

Keep the advice coming.. This should be perfect!!!!! PERFECT I SAY!! MWAHAHAHA.... *Choke*Medcine*choke*Now*choke* *Erk*

Also.. I've just realised that for whatever reason ... I deleted the text on the sign.. Will add that in soon... Suprised no-one noticed that.

12431 at school

even though it's supposed to look CMI, it wouldn't hurt to include some perspective. aight?

good job so far

Gilbert

Hmmmm, I think the shadow casted from the house shouldn't cover up the grass and the (green) flower(?) on the lower left corner.

auhsor

Its looking really cool. I like how its progressed.
Some things:
*Yeah as Gilbot said, the shadow shouldnt cover the grass at front.
*I dont know how your drawing this, but some parts look pretty blurry, like the trees in the foreground, and that annoys me.
* The clouds should be more white, unless you want them orange for some reason in your game.
* The mountans probably should continue more on the right to the end of screen
*More detail would be nice on the grass, as its a little plain.

Well, anyways, theres my thoughts. Good work.

The tree and grass are blurred because there in the foreground I i dont think I should draw attention away from where 'the action' is happening.

Anyhoo I'm working on an edit and will get back to yous ASAP.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk