Tune Contest April 18- __

Started by Sluggo, Sun 18/04/2004 17:40:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Sluggo

Sorry it took so long, but it's finally here! Ok, hopefully you guys will like this. This weeks contest is to score for a short horror film video.

http://cygnes.homestead.com/files/horror.wmv

It's sort of a random foreign clip, hopefully nobody's seen the movie.

No restrictions except to keep the file size under 2 MB.

Have fun!

Damien

Finally!

Nice idea, creating music for the flic.
Hopefully I'll have time to enter this one.

Peter T Unplugged

*breathes*

It became a little hard to hold my breath, waiting for this... ;)

I can't watch the video right now, because I'm at uni, and I'm convinced they have some silly law about not watching movies on uni time... blah blah blah blah...more useless crap.... random speech...so DON'T WATCH MOVIES...

Yes.... anyway.... when I get home I shall watch the movie, and I look forward to it!!

Archangel (aka SoupDragon)

Bah, it's a pity you didn't have this contest in a couple of months, when I'll have saved up enough for Sonar 3 which can embed music in the video all fancy-pantsesque. I might have a go at this, but I'm rediculously busy at the moment :S

Gregjazz

Archangel, buy Sonar 3 from India or China for 2 dollars. Can you afford that? :)

You're lucky either way because I'm still using Cakewalk Pro Audio 9.

Fuzzpilz

The fancy-pants OMG ultra-special difficultosity factor of embedding music in video is zero - unless the video is in a horrible heavily patent-encumbered proprietary format that can't be used freely and therefore shouldn't be used, such as WMV or Real. For the moment, MPEG is probably the best choice - though it's not completely free and so forth it can at least be read and written by any software that isn't stupid. Down with those capitalist swine and swineherds etc. ;)

I do think this topic is a very good idea, though, and I'll see if I can cook something up. I'll be looking for something to convert the video into a reasonable format first (that isn't vaguely seedy shareware, which everything I've found so far is).

Sluggo

It's not required to embed sound into the video file, and I actually had to convert this to another format just to edit it, so I don't think it's that hard to find a free program that'll convert it, but whatever you want to do is fine.

Sluggo

Does anybody plan on entering, or does the deadline need to be pushed?

Peter Thomas

I will try to enter by the end of today, but a push of the deadline would come in handy (for me, anyway).

The time-waster for me is going back between the movie and the score, checking that the music matches the action etc...
Peter: "Being faggy isn't bad!"
AGA: "Shush, FAG!"

Peter Thomas

http://s11.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=62DDE64B855B9741A39994D74C7CF9CC

Hopefully that works. It's a link from that site that let you host files for 7 days. The music isn't that great, but I literally made that about 10 minutes ago when I saw there weren't any other entries.

Does this mean I win by default? ;D
Peter: "Being faggy isn't bad!"
AGA: "Shush, FAG!"

Sluggo

I have yet to get that download to work, but I'm sick of these contests going way past their deadline, so...

Congratulations Peter Thomas!!1!

All entries were wonderful, but yours stuck out the most. Excellent job everybody!!1

I guess this idea wasn't as successful as I had hoped...

Fuzzpilz

Sorry. I wanted to participate, but time and all that...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk