Jack Trasheater: Chapter I - Pain House! (100%)

Started by Bijulinus, Wed 22/09/2004 00:23:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Bijulinus

Here comesÃ,  :=JACK TRASHEATER := first Adventure!

Jack Trasheater is the alias of a private investigator working over all Europe. This is his first *serious* job.

A french misterious man send him in an abandoned manor in England to find SOMETHING...
A BOX which hides SOMETHING...
an horrible sign of Evil...

NOW Jack Trasheater must reach DIGG TOWN, England, and find this wooden box...
without being killed, of course...! :-[

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jack Trasheater is a short game; it's 100% complete and it will made up of 25-30 scenes. Puzzles are quite simple, but I'm trying (how does is it written...?!?) to focus on the comic plot and his silly character...

Translating in progress..., but's very annoying... :)

Here the screenshots (more to come)

8) Well, this is... a bathroom, yes.

8)NOTE:Here's a new version of the exteriors; I will probably remake all the game in this "dirty" style (sorry, I dont know any other word to describe it).
What do you think about?

Progress:
-Rooms 100%
-Sounds & Music 100% I think...
-Characters 100%
-Misc Stuff 100%

-TRANSLATION 75%

HERE it is an improvment of the character: hope it's the final stage ;-)

I'm too lazy at the moment to find a good signature.

Darth Mandarb

When you have 2 screenshots, PM me and I'll unlock this thread.

Topic unlocked, please include the screenshots.

Vaz

The second background is nice (it reminds me of the death scenes in 5 Days a Stranger), but the main character design is rather poor. You should improve it.

Phemar

The kitchen looks strikingly similiar to the one in 5 days a stranger though...

Pft!

Indeed, be sure to change the plot of the room if you did copy it. Sorry to say but the sprite is crappy, put more effort into it at least make it match the backgrounds.  8)

Best

Looks very good. Especially the graphics. I mean: they look oldschoolish, but great.
Valame tes lan-utas desi gronto?

Vaz

Quote from: Best Willis on Thu 23/09/2004 15:36:33
Looks very good. Especially the graphics. I mean: they look oldschoolish, but great.

I'd say childish, not oldschoolish. So-called old-school games didn't look great because of the hardware limitations, mainly. This case is probably a lack of art. I hope it's a test character!

Scummbuddy

vaz, i have to disagree. These shots were done with care, and they all are done with similar style,  so with that, I would take them to not be so childish. I understand your point, and yeah, there were restrictions on what they could make back then, but this is what he can make now and its wonderful.

I believe within their simplistic style here shows enough to get the point across. When he originally posted saying "I dont want to show them, they suck" I was expecting a lot worse. When I saw these in the Critics lounge, I 'relaxed'. These are reminiscent of old adventures, and I hope that the style is kept.

I'm not trying to bash you, but try and keep an open mind on art, and since this is adventure games, art is known to take a back seat, and its okay.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Vaz

Quote from: Scummbuddy on Thu 23/09/2004 17:31:52I'm not trying to bash you, but try and keep an open mind on art, and since this is adventure games, art is known to take a back seat, and its okay.

Well, yeah, but at least let me play with something that a human eye can actually stand without fleeing in horror ;)
I'm not referring to this game obviously, since I've seen tons of worse games (Trapped in a building and Andy Penis are the first 2 that come across my mind), all I wanted to say is that since the background look nice the main character could be at the same level, but, IMO, this isn't the case. Anyway I'll wait to see a working demo before I say anything else... but, Bijulinus, FOR GOD'S SAKE MAKE A BETTER MOUTH FOR THAT POOR GUY  ;D

rodekill

I love the style.
There's something about that first screenshot that I really like. I don't know what exactly, but it's cool.
SHAWNO NEWS FLASH: Rodekill.com, not updated because I suck at animation. Long story.
peepee

Phemar

wyr3x

strange .... the screenies remember me "Hugo's house of horrors 1 " 
that you can download for free here: http://www.dosgames.com/g_adv.php
waiting for the AG of the century .....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk