The Long Trip - Playable Demo INSIDE!

Started by Dusty D., Sun 18/04/2004 18:57:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty D.

Puuh... we (a group of 6 persons) discussed a while, if we already can go to "the public" with our first AGS project. Today, I finally made some screenshots and created a playable demo and here it is:

The Long Trip

Please excuse, that there is only a german language demo available so far. The final game will be translated.

Also, right now there is one possibility to get stuck. This is, because the game's not ready yet. The demo consists of 3 rooms, if you get stuck, you can only see the first two rooms - sorry. Restart and try again (if an event with a wrong character graphics happens when you enter the second room, you miss an item to see room 3).

Sinister

Nice artwork, i believe the look of the game is quite nice, but maybe you can give us non-german speakers an idea of what the game is about.

Dusty D.

Quote from: Sinister on Mon 19/04/2004 06:04:33
Nice artwork, i believe the look of the game is quite nice, but maybe you can give us non-german speakers an idea of what the game is about.

First of all, thanks for clicking! The "final goal" is been told during the game, so the player should find out. Since there's no english version available at this point, here the story in very brief:

The hero is a no-use dope smoking musician who decides to build the world peace with quite an unusual method. To reach this goal he must travel different continents. In each continent he'll find one important peace to build a kind of - errr - "machine" for the final goal. He starts in prison in Europe, then travels to Africa, America and finally to Asia. We think, that each continent will consist of 8-10 screens with tons of puzzles.

We decided to use Sierra-like controls; nevertheless the puzzles and the dialogs are in Lucas-style.

Gfunkera

Wow, this is pretty much like my game, since you'll travel to different continents also! My our characters could guest star in each others game lol  Check Weed Quest thread and pm me if your interested!

Dusty D.

Quote from: Demorgon on Mon 19/04/2004 15:28:00
Wow, this is pretty much like my game, since you'll travel to different continents also! My our characters could guest star in each others game lol  Check Weed Quest thread and pm me if your interested!

Oh well... yesss, I just had a look at this thread as well as to your website. What do you think about promoting your game in ours (probably in a simple to find "easter egg" function) and vice versa?!

Anyhow, the story is different enough, I think. Nevertheless, it looks like there were "two idiots having the same idea", as we in Germany like to say... :)

Is there a playable demo version of your game exisiting? (Couldn't find it on your website). Please PM me, otherwise this thread will explode. :)

Dusty D.

Although you didn't hear anything from the Solidland-Crew, we are still developping our first AGS game and have finished more than 16 rooms by now. A new playable demo is available at http://www.solidland.nl (although the website itself is still under construction) - unfortunately still only in german language.

Nevertheless we'd like to have your feedback - maybe from some german speaking guys... thanks in advance!

Darth Mandarb

Please post thy screenshots inside the thread, as per the FORUM RULES, or the thread must be locked.

Edit - Let me know when you have your screenshots available to post in the thread!Ã,  Thanks.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk